An Cafe concert tickets

Started by jemz, May 12, 2008, 12:11:19 AM

fencergirl

Jordan, you are my hero <3

Buddies from line, I'm Alexa (pink hat)

The line system was pretty screwed up. After being there most of the night... I would have cried if I didn't get a ticket so again, props to Jordan <3

The lines, travel, money, everything was totally worth it for me! It was everything I expected and more <3 I'm sorry you didn't like the show, osakagrl, but they did tell us ahead of time that it would be only an hour. Its short but concerts at cons are generally pretty short. (At AX, they were only scheduled for 45 minutes!)

I'm effin tired/sore/and I seriously gotta study so I'll talk to ya'll later <3

hyde26

An Cafe (Setlist) is this correnct?
If i missed any songs or listed them in order wrong. please let me know. Thanks ^_^

*(was kinda upset that they did not play "maple gunman or Bonds~Kizuna")

Here is the setlist:
01- Lock on the New Sekai
02- Kakusei Heroism
03- Wagamama Koushin Kyoku
04- Escapism
05- Tekesuta Kousen
06- Nanairo Crayon de Egaku Hikari
07- Nyappy In The World 3
08- Koritsu Hospital
09- Cherry Saku Yuuki

encore*
10- Smile Ichiban Ii Onna

kaiora

Quote from: hyde26 on May 27, 2008, 06:05:43 PM
If i missed any songs or listed them in order wrong. please let me know. Thanks ^_^

Here is the setlist:
02- Kakusei Heroism
04- Escapism
05- Tekesuta Kousen
08- Koritsu Hospital
09- Cherry Saku Yuuki

encore*

IM pretty sure the order was just a bit different but all the songs are correct.
Yeah I was happy with the set list but disapointed that they didnt play maple gunman or Bonds ~Kizuna either.
Caffeko <3 ~

Acid_Android

Quote from: hyde26 on May 27, 2008, 06:05:43 PM

Here is the setlist:
02- Kakusei Heroism
04- Escapism
05- Tekesuta Kousen
08- Koritsu Hospital
09- Cherry Saku Yuuki

encore*

I'm pretty sure Baby King was second, and I think kakusei heroism was much later on in the setlist after nyappy in the world 3...? Brain is fuzzy (~_~   )
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

kaiora

Oh yeah baby king was in there. Totally didnt even see that it was missing. Im pretty sure that baby king was either second or 3rd, and what ever it was excapsim was the other.
Caffeko <3 ~

Pimpstress Rei

Posting on behalf of Tony:

lock on se
lock on the o new sekai
baby king
wagamama koushin kyoku
MC -1-
tekasuta kousen
escapism
nanairo crayon de egaku hikari
etosetora the world
nyappy in the world 3
MC -2-
kakusei heroism
k hospital
cherry saku yuuki

-encore-
smile ichiban ii onna

I hope you all had fun! The boys really enjoyed FanimeCon and you Cafekko made them feel welcomed and loved! Let's hope they'll want to come and visit us again!
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Tony

I'm not trying to make excuses, but...

Quote from: Osakagrl on May 27, 2008, 12:38:37 AM
This is nothing on fanime, but i have a complaint.

I was HIGHLY dissapointed in an cafe's performance on sunday. they BARELY played an hour! I spent hundreds of dollars to come see them only for them to go for an hour?!
They originally only agreed to do one hour of performance. Once they got to the concert, they said they would play about an hour and twenty minutes. So it could have been worse, I guess...

Quotei know they must have been exhausted and all but like i felt like they didnt even want to be there!
They did! And they were exhausted. I probably shouldn't say this, but the reason they started at 7:45 and not 7:30 is because they were all laying on the floor trying to catch a nap after their three-hour sound check. Another problem was that, since we took out the chairs, the venue looked really empty... so they actually thought no one was interested! But when we explained the situation, and that the merchandise had been sold out, they were happier. Hopefully that explains their mood.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

mrsanticafe

Now I can really see why they cancelled the meet and greet. ;_; Poor guys! Thinking no one was interested when there were already so many lined up outside. Good thing you explained it to them.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Tony on May 28, 2008, 03:17:30 PM
i know they must have been exhausted and all but like i felt like they didnt even want to be there!
They did! And they were exhausted. I probably shouldn't say this, but the reason they started at 7:45 and not 7:30 is because they were all laying on the floor trying to catch a nap after their three-hour sound check. Another problem was that, since we took out the chairs, the venue looked really empty... so they actually thought no one was interested! But when we explained the situation, and that the merchandise had been sold out, they were happier. Hopefully that explains their mood.
XD; How cute~

I agree. Poor guys. D:
It makes me sad that they thought that.
But from reading their blog, it sounds like they aren't used to that kind of venue. Unless I was translating wrong, they called it large. XD;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

croasian

This is nothing on fanime, but i have a complaint.

I was HIGHLY dissapointed in an cafe's performance on sunday. they BARELY played an hour! I spent hundreds of dollars to come see them only for them to go for an hour?! Another thing i didnt care for was I felt there was no energy in the show. sure a headbang there and mikus fancy footwork but all in all the FEEL of the show was lame. The changes to different songs were filled with akward silences. and miku never seemed to crack a smile. like .... at all. i know they must have been exhausted and all but like i felt like they didnt even want to be there! I dont count the small MC's miku said when he claims hes "So happy to be here" because frankly thats all scripted. I dont know...there was justs something so off about that performance.... :-\

I 100% disagree. I knew it was going to be short, but really they only played 2 songs less than the other venues in Europe, so really they gave us a good deal, and they answered our encore! It felt super short to me cause you know, time flies when you're having fun ^_^. I was right in the front holding onto the bar and Miku was dancing and making eye contact with everyone (unless all 30 of us are delusional) and he noticed a bunch of people that were doing the furitsuke on the balcony and he waved to them several times and I swear I saw him smile then. I did think (after reviewing An Cafe's last lives on DVD) that it did look like he practiced a bit more for this one, and tried to make it "cooler" with more dance moves. Also from their point of view, this was their 1st live in America and they didn't know what to expect, they didn't know if we would know all their songs, if we would do the furitsuke, if we were really anime-fans or Cafekkos... so they had to take into account "what if the crowd doesn't participate?" So they performed and I think they did extremely well. It was the best live I've seen in a long time (I've seen other Japanese, Korean and America bands/groups/solo artists play). Miku is a great vocalist, Teruki always gets into the music so much and was even singing along, Kanon was smiling every now and then and twisting, Takuya played really well and looked hawt the whole time, and Yuuki's solo was excellent (also loved how he kept jumping around on the stage). All in all A+++++ and the English was of course scripted but when Miku said "I want you to berii berii smile" I wanted to die it was so cute <3

Quote from: Tony on May 28, 2008, 03:17:30 PM

They thought no one was interested!!! *sadfacex10000* I hope our cheering and singing got though to them during the concert, and if ONLY they saw the insane craziness in the line to get in (rabid fangirls).. haha I myself waited since 7am even though the line was unofficial... but since no one (not even staff) seemed to know how it would I pan out I thought I'd play it safe, all just to see them play!

mrsanticafe

Even if it was about an hour it appears as though they played most of their songs on their newest CD including one of their old songs. That's pretty good in my opinion.

I am curious if I am the only one here intrested in going to Japan over the summer and seeing Antic Cafe August 30th for their 5th anniversary?

gackt_2003

uhh i hope this is the right place to ask [since i dont go on many other sites]
but what was the song that ended with yuuki solo on the keyboard? it was an addition to the song right? it sounded so very pretty and my friend also wanted to know what it was called but everything's become a little muddled to me ^_^;
thanks.

milan

Quote from: gackt_2003 on June 02, 2008, 08:35:28 AM
uhh i hope this is the right place to ask [since i dont go on many other sites]
but what was the song that ended with yuuki solo on the keyboard? it was an addition to the song right? it sounded so very pretty and my friend also wanted to know what it was called but everything's become a little muddled to me ^_^;
thanks.

Nanairo CRAYON de Egaku Hikari  :)