An Cafe concert tickets

Started by jemz, May 12, 2008, 12:11:19 AM

jemz

Hello everyone!

Tony and I just finished finalizing most of the details to FanimeCon's MusicFest schedule for An Cafe!

The concert for An Cafe is a free, ticketed event to all who have a paid badge.

We have a total of 3,000 attendance tickets for the An Cafe concert, 100 for the reception, and 100 for the autograph session. All tickets are free with membership!

Tickets will be distributed at the San Jose Convention Center in the Registation area during the hours listed on the MusicFest website. If there are tickets still left on Sunday, they will be distributed at the doors at the Civic Auditorium.

Only a certain number of tickets will be distributed per day. That way there are still some tickets left for people coming later in the weekend.

If you registered with a valid An Cafe promo code ("ancafeprelaunch", "ancafe", and "ACCC"), a ticket will be reserved for you until Friday evening. After we finish distributing tickets Friday evening, any tickets that have not been picked up will be released for others to pick up.

You must pick up your badge before you can get a ticket. You may not pick up a ticket for someone else. There are three types of tickets (concert, reception, and autograph) and you can get up to one of each. You can request all three types at pick-up. Pick-up is first come, first serve.

To be very specific, tickets may be picked up at the Registration area at the Box Office on the Hilton side. There will be a designated area where you may line up. There will be Info Booths scattered around the convention that you can stop at and ask for directions or information.

For the hours, the ticketing breakdown, please look at the MusicFest website for more information.

The MusicFest staff, Tony, and I all hope to see everyone who is coming at the concert and have a good time!
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

slimchance

I registered before the promotional code for an cafe is up.  How can I reserve tickets for An Cafe event?

Does that mean we have to line up to get the ticket to enter the concert if we don't have the ticket reserve? 

Inuashley

I understand that you can't pick up someone else's ticket in addition to your own, but let's say what if a friend picked up their own ticket and decided to give it to me, would that be ok? Are names/badge numbers on the tickets or something? Thanks. ^^
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

Cyhretmis2

for the thursday pick up does the "Reserved Ticket" stands for the reception and Autographs along with the concert?

Shi_Musouka

Asides from the concert tickets, would general staff be eligible for any of the other two tickets?

And you pretty much have a system where you have to either have a full weekend badge for a Sunday badge(Monday badge for autographs) to get a ticket, right?

slimchance

Do tickets have seat number or do we need to stand in line before the concert for seating?

jemz

Wow! So many questions! Okay, here are some answers. :D

Quote from: slimchance on May 12, 2008, 12:44:50 AM
I registered before the promotional code for an cafe is up.  How can I reserve tickets for An Cafe event?

Does that mean we have to line up to get the ticket to enter the concert if we don't have the ticket reserve? 

I believe you can go back and enter the code on your registration until May 15th. After that date, the codes will be locked in and registration is closed.

If you don't have the code, you can still wait in line to pick up a ticket. :)

Quote from: Inuashley on May 12, 2008, 12:53:57 AM
I understand that you can't pick up someone else's ticket in addition to your own, but let's say what if a friend picked up their own ticket and decided to give it to me, would that be ok? Are names/badge numbers on the tickets or something? Thanks. ^^

If they wanted to give you their ticket (which is totally transferrable), that's up to them if they are okay with it! Names and badge numbers are NOT on the ticket.

However, if they do want to go to the concert and gave their ticket to someone else, they cannot wait in line for another ticket.

Quote from: Cyhretmis2 on May 12, 2008, 03:03:50 AM
for the thursday pick up does the "Reserved Ticket" stands for the reception and Autographs along with the concert?

Sorry, "Reserved Ticket" stands for the concert tickets only.

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on May 12, 2008, 06:18:33 AM
Asides from the concert tickets, would general staff be eligible for any of the other two tickets?

And you pretty much have a system where you have to either have a full weekend badge for a Sunday badge(Monday badge for autographs) to get a ticket, right?

Sorry, General Staff is not eligible for the other two tickets. Tony and I are currently working on something else for staff.

Actually, those who only come in on Sunday will be able to get a concert ticket with their Sunday badge. We tried really hard to be fair to them as well as everyone else who bought a full weekend badge.

As for the other two events, it sorta worked out to be that way. You would have to have a full weekend badge to pick up the tickets and actually be able to go to them since we mark it against the badge number. Or you can just stand in a lot of long lines. :/  To me, it's better with a full weekend badge even if you are just coming in for Sun/Mon since it will only be $5 more than the single day badges combined.

Quote from: slimchance on May 12, 2008, 08:00:38 AM
Do tickets have seat number or do we need to stand in line before the concert for seating?

Tickets will have a seat number but we are not enforcing that. There is some standing room in front of the stage and then lots of seating all around. You can sit anywhere you want.

You will have to stand in line to get into the concert.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Tony

Quote from: slimchance on May 12, 2008, 08:00:38 AM
They are general seating. If you have a ticket, you WILL get in; if you want your choice of seats, or if you want to get to the front of the stage, you'll want to line up.

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on May 12, 2008, 06:18:33 AM
No, for reasons that will be explained on the staff list.  ;D

QuoteAnd you pretty much have a system where you have to either have a full weekend badge for a Sunday badge(Monday badge for autographs) to get a ticket, right?
I knew I forgot to mention something. Yes, you have to have a weekend badge of some type in order to get tickets before the day of the event. So you cannot register for Saturday only and get a ticket for the concert on Sunday.

Technically no; there won't be any reception or autograph tickets issued on a first-come, first-serve basis on Thursday. However! We'll be announcing some other ways to get those two kinds of tickets on the 15th. (They involve contests and drawings.)

Quote from: Inuashley on May 12, 2008, 12:53:57 AM
I understand that you can't pick up someone else's ticket in addition to your own, but let's say what if a friend picked up their own ticket and decided to give it to me, would that be ok?
Yes, that's ok. (So keep your ticket safe!)

Quote from: slimchance on May 12, 2008, 12:44:50 AM

There is some time to enter a code. If you can't enter it, or if you miss the Thursday or Friday pickup, you can still line up for a ticket.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Cyhretmis2

Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2008, 08:48:05 AM
Technically no; there won't be any reception or autograph tickets issued on a first-come, first-serve basis on Thursday. However! We'll be announcing some other ways to get those two kinds of tickets on the 15th. (They involve contests and drawings.)

Thank you for the answer so fast ^-^ Both of you. I will keep an eye out for the contests then ^-^ and plan around picking up the concert tix with my badge thursday and then the other two Friday morning. Again Thank you very much ^-^

Osakagrl

whats the chances that people that are arriving early sunday morning could actually get tickets? to the autograph events and concert etc. i want to be there so bad friday, but i am a full time worker and i had to pull major strings to just get sunday and monday off!! I would be so sad if i could not attend T______________T

croasian

If I try to get a ticket on Saturday (for example), and I get the concert one only, can I line up and try again for the reception and autograph session Sunday morning?

gackt_2003

does press automatically get in to all three?
or do they need tickets like everyone else because it's limited space?
-thanks

SOawesomeness

Oh, I have a question regarding the tickets.

I want to go in and check out the concert, but I know that I won't be staying for the entire thing; maybe I'll see it for like, 20 minutes or so. Is the concert like a go-in-once-and-you-can't-come-out-unless-you-have-another-ticket, or is it like, you'll have your ticket during the concert and you can give it to someone else during the concert? I don't want to make people who come too late to get tickets to feel bad since I don't really know an cafe and I'd much rather it go to better use once I've checked it out...
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2008, 08:48:05 AM
Will it be alright if we pick up our badge and concert ticket on thurs. and come back for say an autograph ticket on Friday then? How will that work since we already got our badge?

Will there be a separate line for those that received their badge on Thursday and just want to get the autograph/reception ticket or will we have to line up with everyone else that is waiting for their badge?
I highly doubt we'd be able to just walk up to the counter to ask for it.

Btw, thanks for all the hard work. I appreciate it. >.<
I will also be there at the contests but I want to ask just in case and for some friends that may also pick up badges and tickets on that day.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

velvet.Q

I just want to be clear...so I'm going to ask. xD

The "reserved" tickets for those who have promo codes; Are only a certain amount of those being given out a day like the others? Or is it just, whoever has a promo code gets their tickets? I just want to confirm. ^^;;

Tony

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 12, 2008, 05:33:28 PM
Will it be alright if we pick up our badge and concert ticket on thurs. and come back for say an autograph ticket on Friday then? How will that work since we already got our badge?
Yes, that will work. We're tracking who we gave tickets to, and what kind.

QuoteWill there be a separate line for those that received their badge on Thursday and just want to get the autograph/reception ticket or will we have to line up with everyone else that is waiting for their badge?
I highly doubt we'd be able to just walk up to the counter to ask for it.
Sorry, there is only one line...

QuoteBtw, thanks for all the hard work. I appreciate it. >.<
I will also be there at the contests but I want to ask just in case and for some friends that may also pick up badges and tickets on that day.
Thanks for your patience!!

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 12, 2008, 05:24:28 PM
Oh, I have a question regarding the tickets.

I want to go in and check out the concert, but I know that I won't be staying for the entire thing; maybe I'll see it for like, 20 minutes or so. Is the concert like a go-in-once-and-you-can't-come-out-unless-you-have-another-ticket, or is it like, you'll have your ticket during the concert and you can give it to someone else during the concert? I don't want to make people who come too late to get tickets to feel bad since I don't really know an cafe and I'd much rather it go to better use once I've checked it out...
Sorry, there's no in-and-out; if you're in, and you leave, you can't come back in.

Quote from: gackt_2003 on May 12, 2008, 05:19:00 PM
does press automatically get in to all three?
or do they need tickets like everyone else because it's limited space?
-thanks
Unfortunately Press and Industry need tickets like everyone else.

Quote from: croasian on May 12, 2008, 05:09:06 PM
If I try to get a ticket on Saturday (for example), and I get the concert one only, can I line up and try again for the reception and autograph session Sunday morning?
Yep; you can try at each shift, if you want.

Of course, you can only get one of each type, so it's not like you could get a concert ticket on Saturday, then get another one on Sunday. (I don't think you asked that question, but I wanted to point it out anyway!)

Quote from: Osakagrl on May 12, 2008, 05:07:56 PM
whats the chances that people that are arriving early sunday morning could actually get tickets? to the autograph events and concert etc. i want to be there so bad friday, but i am a full time worker and i had to pull major strings to just get sunday and monday off!! I would be so sad if i could not attend T______________T
There is a decent chance of getting in to the concert on Sunday, but both the autograph session and reception are, unfortunately, very difficult to get into...
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014

Tony

Quote from: velvet.Q on May 12, 2008, 07:14:07 PM
I just want to be clear...so I'm going to ask. xD

The "reserved" tickets for those who have promo codes; Are only a certain amount of those being given out a day like the others? Or is it just, whoever has a promo code gets their tickets? I just want to confirm. ^^;;
There's no quota; whoever has a promo code can get a ticket on Thursday or Friday during the hours listed. We'll be giving out tickets for at least as long as is on the website. (Saturday, they disappear.)
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014

SOawesomeness

That's gonna suck for three people if all the tickets are gone for the concert...
Haha, oh well for them! (:

Thanks a lot. ^^
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Super No 1

Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2008, 07:14:33 PM
Unfortunately Press and Industry need tickets like everyone else.

I don't quite understand how this is going to work.  Please explain.  Specifically, I'd like to know ticketing and concert line-up procedures for press.
Nergene A.
-super-no1.com - (Owner)
-J!-ENT - (Staff Photographer)
-Cosplay Underground - (Cosplay pictorials)

Inuashley

Thanks for the fast reply to my first question. ^^ Just to clarify, since there seems to be mixed responses for this, are there two separate lines for badge registration and An Cafe ticket pickup? My plan is to pickup my badge and then the concert tickets(I entered in the ancafe promo code today) on Thursday, and then get the reception+autograph tickets Friday morning. It doesn't make much sense to have everyone who has their badge already stand in one combined line for badge reg and An Cafe tickets, if that makes any sense. ^^;
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2