An Cafe concert tickets

Started by jemz, May 12, 2008, 12:11:19 AM

Airi

I signed up the promocode, but my group and I will be coming to fanime on Saturday at 7AM. Will I still be able to pick up the tickets? :-\

Tony

Quote from: Super No 1 on May 12, 2008, 07:39:18 PM
Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2008, 07:14:33 PM
Unfortunately Press and Industry need tickets like everyone else.

I don't quite understand how this is going to work.  Please explain.  Specifically, I'd like to know ticketing and concert line-up procedures for press.
Press and Industry will have to proceed as attendees... typically we would give special access to press, but unfortunately there are a huge number of complications with that this year, and particularly with this event.

Quote from: Inuashley on May 12, 2008, 07:59:13 PM
Thanks for the fast reply to my first question. ^^ Just to clarify, since there seems to be mixed responses for this, are there two separate lines for badge registration and An Cafe ticket pickup? My plan is to pickup my badge and then the concert tickets(I entered in the ancafe promo code today) on Thursday, and then get the reception+autograph tickets Friday morning. It doesn't make much sense to have everyone who has their badge already stand in one combined line for badge reg and An Cafe tickets, if that makes any sense. ^^;
There are several different lines, actually! Basically, there are a few lines for registration, but only one line to pick up tickets. Make sure you pick up your registration (or register) before you hop into the ticketing line.

Quote from: Airi on May 12, 2008, 08:02:28 PM
I signed up the promocode, but my group and I will be coming to fanime on Saturday at 7AM. Will I still be able to pick up the tickets? :-\
Sorry - we will have released reserved tickets by then. You'll still have a chance to get tickets Saturday morning, Saturday evening, Sunday morning, and probably Sunday evening just before the show.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Shi_Musouka

According to the website, it says that doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 8:30pm. Will people with tickets still be allowed in if they come into the civic after 8pm, but still make it before 8:30pm when An Cafe performance starts?

Airi

Quote from: Tony on May 12, 2008, 08:42:56 PM
Quote from: Airi on May 12, 2008, 08:02:28 PM
Sorry - we will have released reserved tickets by then. You'll still have a chance to get tickets Saturday morning, Saturday evening, Sunday morning, and probably Sunday evening just before the show.
Oh. Thanks for answering. Hope I'll be able to make it in the morning :D

Super No 1

Press and Industry will have to proceed as attendees... typically we would give special access to press, but unfortunately there are a huge number of complications with that this year, and particularly with this event.

That's unfortunate for those of us who take music coverage very seriously.  We're coming from LA to cover this show and it sounds as though we're not going to be able to do much coverage.  I will have to discuss this with the rest of my group.
Nergene A.
-super-no1.com - (Owner)
-J!-ENT - (Staff Photographer)
-Cosplay Underground - (Cosplay pictorials)

bubydub

Will cameras be allowed at the concert, reception, and autograph sessions? Will people be allowed to line up at the ticket-pick up booth before it opens, or will the lines be broken up? Thank you for answering! : )

gackt_2003

thanks for the quick response Tony!! =]
but just to make sure [since i'm another frazzled fan]...
since press registered differently, was there a place for them to enter the promo code? or are they just out of luck with that?
-thanks!

Cherry

Is there gonna be tickets for Q&A?

phen

Hey Tony!

I know you said through email that you'd send an email out regarding gift-giving, will that be sent out this week?

Thank you guys so much for your hard work!

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: bubydub on May 12, 2008, 09:40:50 PM
Will cameras be allowed at the concert, reception, and autograph sessions? Will people be allowed to line up at the ticket-pick up booth before it opens, or will the lines be broken up? Thank you for answering! : )

Direct quote from Tony:

Quote from: Tony on April 27, 2008, 10:06:11 PM
For An Cafe... And (with probably all An Cafe events) photo & video won't be allowed.

The MusicFest Department Second responded to that question(from someone who asked the same thing) with a simple "Nope, sorry" so it's not really worth direct quoting her response. I'll let the MF staff and jemz answer the lining up question.

Sunara Ishi

Thanks for the fast reply to my first question. ^^ Just to clarify, since there seems to be mixed responses for this, are there two separate lines for badge registration and An Cafe ticket pickup? My plan is to pickup my badge and then the concert tickets(I entered in the ancafe promo code today) on Thursday, and then get the reception+autograph tickets Friday morning. It doesn't make much sense to have everyone who has their badge already stand in one combined line for badge reg and An Cafe tickets, if that makes any sense. ^^;
There are several different lines, actually! Basically, there are a few lines for registration, but only one line to pick up tickets. Make sure you pick up your registration (or register) before you hop into the ticketing line.
Will it be that way on thursday also then?
To line up in the registration line, and then line up in the ticket line?
Or is that just for Friday-Sunday registration?

Thats good. I thought you were saying we had to line up with the registration line on friday to get our tickets. X.x;

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Tony

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on May 12, 2008, 08:46:28 PM
According to the website, it says that doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 8:30pm. Will people with tickets still be allowed in if they come into the civic after 8pm, but still make it before 8:30pm when An Cafe performance starts?
Sure, they can come in any time.

Quote from: Super No 1 on May 12, 2008, 09:25:01 PM

That's unfortunate for those of us who take music coverage very seriously.  We're coming from LA to cover this show and it sounds as though we're not going to be able to do much coverage.  I will have to discuss this with the rest of my group.
Generally, we're stuck in this regard. I'll write you separately about this.

Quote from: bubydub on May 12, 2008, 09:40:50 PM
No camera/no video for the concert, at least; probably the same for autographs. As far as I know, you can line up at the ticket box office whenever you like - just be aware that SOS staff or the Police might ask you to disperse if there's a problem (like if you're setting up camp or blocking a fire exit  :P)

Quote from: gackt_2003 on May 12, 2008, 09:51:21 PM
thanks for the quick response Tony!! =]
but just to make sure [since i'm another frazzled fan]...
since press registered differently, was there a place for them to enter the promo code? or are they just out of luck with that?
-thanks!
Press is pretty much out of luck, unfortunately... no slight against the Press, I really wish we could fill the place with people who want to talk about the convention, but again there are details that are making this problematic.

Quote from: phen on May 13, 2008, 12:33:03 AM
Hey Tony!

I know you said through email that you'd send an email out regarding gift-giving, will that be sent out this week?

Thank you guys so much for your hard work!
Sorry  :-[ we're still trying to get details from the band as to how they want to handle gifts. It looks more and more like we'll have a bin for drop-off at their events. My guess is that no one will be able to directly give a gift to the band, but I can't say for certain at this point.

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 13, 2008, 06:21:21 PM

Thats good. I thought you were saying we had to line up with the registration line on friday to get our tickets. X.x;
Um... I'm a little confused...
Basically, you have to get your badge before you can get a ticket; once you have that, you can hop into the ticketing line at any time.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

pandrogyny

I have a question about lining up aswell; I don't think it's been answered yet, and if so I just need clarification.

After the quota for reception/autograph tickets is met for the morning pickup of a particular day, will those lined up who did not get tickets be allowed to remain in line for the next opportunity, or will those lines be broken up until a later time?

Thanks in advance. <3

vineboy33

I know this is sort of a stupid question but what if we wanted to take pics why we waited in line? Is it at all possible for us to come with our cameras as long as we leave them in our bags? I can understand someone asking to take them if we took pictures during the concert but can we bring them for before and after part. I just don't want to bring it and then have to get out of line to put it away.

ewu

Is it unethical and how likely will it be successful if we try to bribe the incorruptible Musicfest staff for a ticket?

I might have a ring....or something shiny... a shiny bright extravagant special thing of silver

O:-) everybody smile, we are close to an awesome con with An Cafe!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2008, 07:24:39 PM
Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 13, 2008, 06:21:21 PM

Um... I'm a little confused...
Basically, you have to get your badge before you can get a ticket; once you have that, you can hop into the ticketing line at any time.
Sorry. u(v.v)u I seem to have a tendency to confuse sometimes. Thanks for putting up with my confusion. X.x; I'll try to explain what I meant without confusing myself.
Let me re-phrase:
On Thursday, will there be just one separate line for registration (pre-reg./early reg.) pickup and a one separate line for picking up tickets?
Or some sort of combined line where you get both at the same time?

I just wanted to make sure that it is the same as the arrangement for the rest of the con.
The whole separate line thing that is.
Like say for Friday to Sunday: 1 line for pre-reg./early reg., 1 line for at con reg., and 1 ticket pickup line.
I just want to confirm that thursday will be: 1 line for pre-reg./early reg. and 1 ticket pickup line.

And not something like a line for those just getting badges and a line for those wishing to get badges and the concert ticket.
I could see the concert ticket being coupled with our badges as they are "reserved" if we entered a promo code. But as this does not seem the case, I just wanted to make sure it is the above.

I really thank you for putting up with this from me. (This should be the last I'll bother you. I hope.)
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

kaiora

Im going to ask even though this is kinda answered on the musicfest page. But im a bit confused becuase of other things that have been said. During each you are only giving out a certain amount of ticket for the concert, and it shows that its the same for the meet the guests and autograph thing, is that true? only a certain amount of everything are given out at the times listed?
Caffeko <3 ~

jemz

Quote from: pandrogyny on May 13, 2008, 07:44:01 PM
I have a question about lining up aswell; I don't think it's been answered yet, and if so I just need clarification.

After the quota for reception/autograph tickets is met for the morning pickup of a particular day, will those lined up who did not get tickets be allowed to remain in line for the next opportunity, or will those lines be broken up until a later time?

Thanks in advance. <3

The reception/autograph tickets are given out at the same time as the concert tickets. We'll give them out on a first come/first serve basis for the duration of the hour. Once those tickets are gone, we are still giving out concert tickets during that time frame stated on the website. This is for each session that we are giving tickets out.

Once the Box Office is done giving out tickets, it closes and the staff will be elsewhere working on more MusicFest stuff.

Our Safety on Site or the Police may discourage you from staying in line all day.

Quote from: vineboy33 on May 13, 2008, 08:27:36 PM
I know this is sort of a stupid question but what if we wanted to take pics why we waited in line? Is it at all possible for us to come with our cameras as long as we leave them in our bags? I can understand someone asking to take them if we took pictures during the concert but can we bring them for before and after part. I just don't want to bring it and then have to get out of line to put it away.

If you are waiting in line to obtain a ticket, feel free to take pictures!

But if you are in line for the concert, you will not be able to bring in your camera as there is a no video/camera rule.

Quote from: ewu on May 13, 2008, 11:25:05 PM
Is it unethical and how likely will it be successful if we try to bribe the incorruptible Musicfest staff for a ticket?

I might have a ring....or something shiny... a shiny bright extravagant special thing of silver

O:-) everybody smile, we are close to an awesome con with An Cafe!

For you, Eric, it's VERY UNETHICAL and you will totally fail in trying to bribe the incorruptible MusicFest staff for a ticket. Yes, the Head of Fan Services has to wait in line like everyone else! Unless you have a few of those "shiny bright extravagant special thing of silver" to give to everyone on staff.  Then maybe we can work something out. ;-)  Something about a maid outfit....

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 14, 2008, 01:41:58 AM
On Thursday, will there be just one separate line for registration (pre-reg./early reg.) pickup and a one separate line for picking up tickets?
Or some sort of combined line where you get both at the same time?

Just to be very clear, there is one line for An Cafe concert/autograph/reception tickets. MusicFest's tickets are given out at the BOX OFFICE on the Hilton side.  The Box Office is not part of any of the lines for Registration.

Even though they are in the same area, the lines for to pick up your membership badges are different from the line for MusicFest.

You MUST pick up your badge (either pre-reg/early-reg/full weekend/Sunday/Monday badge) in order to pick up tickets for MusicFest. There are no exceptions to this.

So in short, you have to wait in one line to get your badge and then another line to pick up the tickets.

Quote from: kaiora on May 14, 2008, 06:02:26 AM
Im going to ask even though this is kinda answered on the musicfest page. But im a bit confused becuase of other things that have been said. During each you are only giving out a certain amount of ticket for the concert, and it shows that its the same for the meet the guests and autograph thing, is that true? only a certain amount of everything are given out at the times listed?

Yes. It's is true. Only a certain amount of tickets are given out at the times listed.

The only exception to this are the tickets that are won as prizes during the convention (i.e. certain contests on Stage Zero, Karaoke, etc.).  So you can definitely check out a few other events and try and win them. :D
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

redroses3164

Is the reserved tickets picked up in the same line with everyone else getting their unreserved tickets or will there be a separate line for the reserved?

You guys are doing a wonderful job with organizing such a popular band. (I only know AnCafe cuz they did an ED in Darker than Black... so I thought I'd check out their concert.)

Frank7heT4nk

I preregistered for my brother at the end of last year and he doesn't have an account he can log into. How can he get a ticket?