An Cafe concert tickets

Started by jemz, May 12, 2008, 12:11:19 AM

jemz

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on May 19, 2008, 09:15:29 PM
I thought that after the 15th, our promo code would be locked so we couldn't change it? O.o?
Mine still shows a white box where you can edit.
I had typed in "ancafe" like a month ago but without the quotes. Did we need the quotes? O.o?

~confused~

Well....the Registration database is now downloaded and moved elsewhere. So whatever you type in now won't be there at the con itself.

:D You don't need the quotes so I wouldn't worry so much over it.

Quote from: mrsanticafe on May 19, 2008, 09:32:20 PM
So....it's expected that there will be 3,000 fans there?

I feel silly for asking this, but are there going to be any other opportunities to win backstage passes?

3,000 is our max capacity for the Civic for safety and fire code reasons. I hope we can fill up the Civic Auditorium! It would be awesome if 3,000 people were holding up lightsticks while bopping to An Cafe.

There are no backstage passes. Sorry but the management is pretty strict about that.

Quote from: gackt_2003 on May 19, 2008, 09:36:03 PM
but a reserved ticket is only a concert ticket. right?
so since i have a promo-code, i can go friday and get my reserved concert ticket. but i'd have to line up seperately with everyone else to try and get a reception/autograph ticket. right?

Yup! The reserved ticket is the concert ticket and held until the end of the last session on Friday night.

If you want a chance at the other tickets (including any of the GAINAX tickets), you can ask for them starting on Friday morning as the ticketing schedule on the MusicFest website states. :D

Quote from: Ari on May 19, 2008, 09:47:09 PM
Lol how dumb i am but how in the worl did you get a promo code? Did i not pay attention or was it sent to people?

The promo code was stated on the website when we announced the band. :D There is also another code on one of the club cards circulated.

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: jemz on May 20, 2008, 06:24:37 AM

There are no backstage passes. Sorry but the management is pretty strict about that.

Does those backstage passes include the ones that were offered through contest sites?(ex. musicJAPAN's An Cafe/Fanime weekend pass contest , but I'm not 100% sure if a backstage pass was included in there)

jemz

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on May 20, 2008, 08:31:57 AM
Does those backstage passes include the ones that were offered through contest sites?(ex. musicJAPAN's An Cafe/Fanime weekend pass contest , but I'm not 100% sure if a backstage pass was included in there)

Yes. The musicjapan+ contest in conjunction with Fanime does not include backstage passes.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

PK

Ok so I plan on getting my autograph ticket in the morning on Friday,(and pick up my badge and stuff thursday) how early do you think i could be there waiting?
And what happens once the 15 tickets of the day are gone, you have to try again?

oh i'm so nervous, because i am one of the unluckiest persons in the world and with only 100 tickets for autographing I might not get that chance..seeing how there is probably a bunch more then 100 people wanting autographs...

I'm trying to estimate on around how many were in line at the Akon convention..but it was hard to tell since there was two autograph sessions..and people were allowed to get back in line

>.<!!

oh but you know what..i'm glad i got a full weekend pass..i heard a lot of An Cafe fans weren't getting a full weekend pass because they are only going to the convention for the concert and stuff...so maybe i do have a chance

XD

boy do I babble..

I just want to give everyone who worked so hard for getting this all together millions of hugs and kisses!!~

Tony

Quote from: PK on May 20, 2008, 11:48:48 AM
Ok so I plan on getting my autograph ticket in the morning on Friday,(and pick up my badge and stuff thursday) how early do you think i could be there waiting?
So long as the Safety staff and Police don't mind, you can line up pretty early. Just don't block exists, create a fire hazard, or sleep/set up camp.  ;D

QuoteAnd what happens once the 15 tickets of the day are gone, you have to try again?
Correct.  :-\

Quoteoh i'm so nervous, because i am one of the unluckiest persons in the world and with only 100 tickets for autographing I might not get that chance..seeing how there is probably a bunch more then 100 people wanting autographs...
Unfortunately, yes... but, there will also be contests on Stage Zero and at Karaoke. We'll be giving away some extras that way!

Quoteoh but you know what..i'm glad i got a full weekend pass..i heard a lot of An Cafe fans weren't getting a full weekend pass because they are only going to the convention for the concert and stuff...so maybe i do have a chance
Yes, actually!

QuoteI just want to give everyone who worked so hard for getting this all together millions of hugs and kisses!!~
You're why we do it!  :)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

nanshi

I think I'm missing something here...

There are 3 types of tickets for An Cafe right? The new updated schedule and rules on the website doesn't show the reception anymore and it also mentions that there is only 2 type of tickets. 3,00 for the concert and 100 for autographs.

Is the Reception not planned anymore?
Nyappy in the World!

gackt_2003

Tony just announced that the reception is cancelled.

jemz

Quote from: nanshi on May 20, 2008, 12:15:24 PM

There are 3 types of tickets for An Cafe right? The new updated schedule and rules on the website doesn't show the reception anymore and it also mentions that there is only 2 type of tickets. 3,00 for the concert and 100 for autographs.

The Cafekko Reception is canceled.

There are now two tickets for MusicFest you can pick up, the concert and the autograph session. You can also pick up tickets to any of the GAINAX events as well since most of their events will be ticketed.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

nanshi

Quote from: nanshi on May 20, 2008, 12:15:24 PM

never mind...

just saw the announcement...

I was actually thinking the same thing. It was cutting it a bit too close to the concert. Maybe you guys will consider having more tickets for the autograph session now?

;)
Nyappy in the World!

phen

After that announcement, I'm severely disappointed...

but I do have a couple of questions to ask.

If we get into the autograph session, will we be able to give gifts directly to the members?
Also, there will be concert merchandise, correct? How is this going to be handled?

gackt_2003

Quote from: phen on May 20, 2008, 12:21:13 PM
Also, there will be concert merchandise, correct? How is this going to be handled?
ohh yes, i'd like to know about the concert merchandise, too.
also for the autograph session, would we have to buy something there to be signed? or can it be anything we bring? [ie. magazine, cd]

PK

Thank you Tony for clearing that up for me!
I promise I won't be in the way while i'm waiting

^^

and since the reception is cancelled..maybe those 100 tickets could go to the autograph session??
:D

probably not right
:'(

Oh well I'm happy either way

kaiora

Right right, like a few other mentioned im curious about concert merchandise too. When do we have the chance to buy it? just at the concert or at the autograph session too?
Caffeko <3 ~

royalism

I really do hope that the number of tickets for the autograph session goes up.

While I'm sure it wasn't your final decision, I feel it was wrong to get everyone's hopes up and then be like "OH WAIT GUYS, SORRY ANCAFE IS TOO TIRED TO MEET YOU". 

So it'd only be fair to, I don't know, make 200 tickets available for autograph session instead of only 100. 

I mean, there's already going to be a fuckton of pissed off cafekko, and ONLY letting 100 in, especially after finding out there's no reception?    It kind of makes you guys look like you don't know what you're doing..

While I'm really grateful for the hardwork you guys are putting into this, because I'm happy to even be seeing ancafe, it's still a huge disappointment for everyone else.  :/ 

So it'd be cool if you made up for it but letting more people into the autograph session. 

If not, then.. well, not much I can say, really. :P

mrsanticafe

Except it wasn't their decision. Antic Cafe was the one who made the decision. They wouldn't have announced it if Antic Cafe didn't have their approval. The staff here shouldn't get the blame for this. Antic Cafe along with the management were the ones who decided the schedule. Fanime didn't say "Antic Cafe you're GOING to play for us and do all of this with us." I think Antic Cafe did plan for the reception, but this is a different tour for them because they aren't just touring in Japan. Don't forget they're also learning other languages now and this is a lot for the band.

royalism

I understand that.

But what I mean is, was ancafe's management 100% in agreement with doing the reception when it was announced?
If that's the case, then it's ancafe's fault.  But if they hadn't made a solid decision yet, and the reception was still announced, then I think it was wrong to announce it at all.

royalism

I also don't see how it being different from Japan and learning another language has anything to do with it...

It's not required to speak english to perform music for fans here...  And saying it's a different tour from Japan is kinda irrelevant, as they're only playing one show at an anime convention, and then leaving.

If they were playing multiple shows, then I'd have more sympathy for them, but it's just one show.  It shouldn't be that hard for them as they just completed an entire tour in Europe.  :/ 

Just my opinions, though. 

mrsanticafe

I was only referring to how busy they are. I think you forget they're experiencing a lot of culture shock and jet-lag going to more than one country. Every country is different, therefore, doing a tour like their's is completely different because it's out of the norms of what you're used to. Going to any foreign country is out of the norms.

royalism

Fair enough.  I can agree with that.  :P

I just feel like I should say something because I know I'm not the only person who feels the same way as I do.

That, and it's like 2 days before the convention, so the stress levels are going up, and for things to be changing now is a bit stressful for everyone.

mrsanticafe

Honestly, I was hurt and a little mad when I found out. Not at Fanime, but the band. I think what they tried to do was they really tried to make it happen for us, but in the end realized they couldn't (maybe things will change?).