An Cafe concert tickets

Started by jemz, May 12, 2008, 12:11:19 AM

PK

yes yes it does really seem that way.

Although Mrsanticafe and Kazuko seem to be really nice

^_^

mrsanticafe

-blushes at my own username and bangs head against keyboard- Ouch...

I'm glad someone sees me as nice online. Tone can be hard to show through text.

Kazuko

Quote from: PK on May 20, 2008, 08:43:59 PM
Thank you much Kazuko.

I do agree i dont think it should be about the clothes or anything..
It's all about the music

:3

=) well if you want we could hang out at the con, hit me up on msn or aim for that jazz

PK

LOL

oh yes it really is...people can sometimes be easily offended

oh well to each their own!

We should have a little meet up spot!!

@Kazuko: yes i will although i should be packing or getting ready for work tomorrow it will be worth while to chat with you!!

mrsanticafe

I'm willing to give away my myspace privately for anyone who wants it. I will be arriving Thursday and may be holding a "JRock Revolution" sign up because I know some people from that site are going...

PK

i dont have a myspace but you can pm it to me if you want

I will be flying in Thursday as well..and yea thats about it

XD

mrsanticafe

I sent you my picture, but I don't know if my PM box is working or not.

PK

PM box is working fine for me

mrsanticafe

PK

mrsanticafe

Just realized. My PM box is working.

If anyone wants me to teach them some really basic Japanese to introduce yourself to the band in their language, let me know (your name and where you're from and stuff).

PK

Your amazing!
We really have to get together..i can't speak japanese to save my life..and i feel it's best to know a little bit to be respectful

XD

Tony

Quote from: royalism on May 20, 2008, 04:53:15 PM
While I'm sure it wasn't your final decision, I feel it was wrong to get everyone's hopes up and then be like "OH WAIT GUYS, SORRY ANCAFE IS TOO TIRED TO MEET YOU".
You're telling me. I ordered tickets, then we reserved a room and arranged for catering in a 4-star hotel. The tickets just arrived, so no refund for those, and you can imagine what happens when you try to cancel a catered event in a 4-star hotel a week prior. (They don't give your money back.)

QuoteI mean, there's already going to be a fuckton of pissed off cafekko, and ONLY letting 100 in, especially after finding out there's no reception?    It kind of makes you guys look like you don't know what you're doing..
I apologize. There's only so much we can do in our position, and sometimes things happen that aren't in anyone's control.

Quote from: gackt_2003 on May 20, 2008, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: phen on May 20, 2008, 12:21:13 PM
Also, there will be concert merchandise, correct? How is this going to be handled?
ohh yes, i'd like to know about the concert merchandise, too.
also for the autograph session, would we have to buy something there to be signed? or can it be anything we bring? [ie. magazine, cd]
There should be concert merchandise available for purchase anywhere An Cafe shows up - i.e. the autograph session, Q&A session, and concert. Whether or not they choose to sell at those locations is up to  them.

I highly encourage you to buy something there, regardless of if you get that item or another signed. I don't know if it's required, but there are two things: one, I know enough to realize that every penny you spend on An Cafe at one of those tables is going directly to those underfed boys, and two, why not indulge and get official merchandise while they're here!

Quote from: PK on May 20, 2008, 12:48:03 PM
Thank you Tony for clearing that up for me!
I promise I won't be in the way while i'm waiting

^^

and since the reception is cancelled..maybe those 100 tickets could go to the autograph session??
:D

probably not right
:'(

Oh well I'm happy either way
Aww, you're too sweet!

I've arranged for 8 tickets to go to the Karaoke contest, which I believe is on Friday evening, and 12 tickets to go to Stage Zero - Stage Zero has all kinds of contests throughout the weekend, and I've asked that they give some away on Saturday and early Sunday. The remaining 80 will be distributed via random drawing to people who used an An Cafe promo code. The other 100 will remain open to anyone who gets in line. Sound ok?  ;D
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

PK

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2008, 10:53:56 PM

Aww, you're too sweet!

I've arranged for 8 tickets to go to the Karaoke contest, which I believe is on Friday evening, and 12 tickets to go to Stage Zero - Stage Zero has all kinds of contests throughout the weekend, and I've asked that they give some away on Saturday and early Sunday. The remaining 80 will be distributed via random drawing to people who used an An Cafe promo code. The other 100 will remain open to anyone who gets in line. Sound ok?  ;D

My goodness I love you more then life itself right now.
I really must give you hugs!

Thank you once again for all your hard work!

IshokuOsero

Wow, Tony, I'm sorry to hear that there's all the trouble you guys went through and then it got cancelled like that right out from under you so soon before the event. Dx Poor Fanime staff.. *hands out cookies to try to make staffers happier*

PK - I'll be a dressed up Cafekko, but I'm nice! I have noticed lots of crappy fans, though. I don't think that elitists really deserve a title like Cafekko, though. It seems like a lot of people just like bands like An Cafe because of how they dress or act. Like when Bou left, people were crying and complaining and saying they hated Antikku after that. WTF, that's not how you act! For the music, people... the MUSIC! Dressing awesome is just an added bonus! 8D Anyways though, I will be dressed up and stuff, but I'm nice.~ I'd love to swap e-mail with you and Mrsanticafe, also, since I really want to meet some nice Cafekkos when I'm there!

ewu

Quotefuckton

Heh, fuckton.....is that metric or english?

Quote from: gackt_2003 on May 20, 2008, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: phen on May 20, 2008, 12:21:13 PM
Also, there will be concert merchandise, correct? How is this going to be handled?
ohh yes, i'd like to know about the concert merchandise, too.
also for the autograph session, would we have to buy something there to be signed? or can it be anything we bring? [ie. magazine, cd]
There should be concert merchandise available for purchase anywhere An Cafe shows up - i.e. the autograph session, Q&A session, and concert. Whether or not they choose to sell at those locations is up to  them.

I highly encourage you to buy something there, regardless of if you get that item or another signed. I don't know if it's required, but there are two things: one, I know enough to realize that every penny you spend on An Cafe at one of those tables is going directly to those underfed boys, and two, why not indulge and get official merchandise while they're here!

There will be a dealer that is selected by management to sell An Cafe merch
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

IshokuOsero

Oh, so then they'll be selling the merch the entire weekend?
Or are they still just selling it during certain points in time?

//edit - Sorry if it's a stupid question, I've never been to an Anime Convention before so this will be my first, and I don't really know how everything goes just yet. >.>

fencergirl

Ahh noo cafekko have a bad reputation?
:(
That makes me sad.
I dunno, all the cafekko on the An Cafe Media Vault forums are super-nice!
Ignore the bad ones!!! We should get along and help each other out <3 Thats what a real cafekko would do, I think.
Cafekko-unite!
I want to meet some of you there <3

Sorry for getting off topic.
I'm bummered about the reception, but I also thought it would be a bit difficult with the concert just a few hours after?

IshokuOsero

Quote from: fencergirl on May 21, 2008, 01:18:31 AM
Ahh noo cafekko have a bad reputation?
:(
That makes me sad.
I dunno, all the cafekko on the An Cafe Media Vault forums are super-nice!
Ignore the bad ones!!! We should get along and help each other out <3 Thats what a real cafekko would do, I think.
Cafekko-unite!
I want to meet some of you there <3

Sorry for getting off topic.
I'm bummered about the reception, but I also thought it would be a bit difficult with the concert just a few hours after?

Lots of Jrock fans have bad reputations, really. I've been to a few Jrock concerts here in the states (Hyde in 06', Dir en grey more than once, etc etc) and I just have to get it out that there are tons of elitist pricks. The ones that might as well just say "Well, I've been a fan of *insert band name here*'s since before they even knew they were going to be a band!" because of the way they talk and act. I just got into Jrock back in 05, and I've gotten talked down to hundreds of times by people because I'm apparently "not a Jrock fan" since I've only been into it for a few years now, and some of these people don't even know some of the bands I listen to, and only listen to the really popular stuff like Gackt, Hyde, Dir en grey, and whatever other super-popular groups you can find. It's sad, really. It's also the reason why I tend to shy away from people if they look like they might like Jrock...

About the reception, though~ yeah, I was thinking that too. My friend and I were trying to estimate how long that would be, what sort of spot we'd get in line for the concert, and all that sort of stuff when we found out about the reception. At least it's one less thing to worry about though, I suppose. ^^;

fencergirl

Mmm... well, I think thats true for music fans in general, right?
Fans wanting to one-up each other... like "I'm a better fan!" or whatever is just silly, there's no way you could measure that! And anyway, there's nothing wrong with being a casual fan <3
But its fun to meet nice people who are fans of the same band <3 because you already have stuff in common.

BTW "since before they even knew they were going to be a band" = rofl

Well. I don't look like a jrock fan haha? I'm just average.

Yep, but we have to line up after the FMV contest thingy? Can I like hide behind a tree nearby? XP - jk.