An Cafe concert tickets

Started by jemz, May 12, 2008, 12:11:19 AM

IshokuOsero

I suppose it could be true for music fans in general, but until I got into Jrock, I'd never been to a concert or been into music. >.> So I don't really know how it is, I guess. ^^; I bought cds, but never even thought about getting to know band members' names.. or well, anything about them at all.

It is fun to meet other nice people that are a fan of the same bands~ when I saw Hyde, it seems like most of the people around my friend and I were immediate friends, which was seriously awesome and fun since we were standing there for most of the day, but I unfortunately haven't had an experience like that since, and I've been to a quite a few other ones. Dx My friends and I actually got beer and rocks thrown at us by people at one of the Family Values Tour concerts, because we were there to see Dir en grey, and apparently we should "go back to Japan with them", but those were Korn fans, not Diru fans. Why can't everyone just get along? =(

It's so true! I've met tons of people that should just say that, since that's how they act. I've been using that particular phrase for years now, since coming into contact with some rather bad Jrock fans some time ago that thought they were the s*it because they listened to every single indie band in the entirity of Japan...

Average is good, haha. x3 Granted, I'll be in SexPot merch and stuff, but I'm nice, honest! I just decided to spend money on SexPot when my boyfriend gave me a generous amount for my birthday this year. >.> Overpriced. @.x

Haha, I wonder if there will be trees! I've never been to Fanime and I'm traveling across the country for it, so I'm really excited. I'll hide behind a tree with you. 8D

fencergirl

Mmm... yeah, I've only been to a few concerts (mix of j-rock/non) But, I met cool people at Miyavi concert this week <3 Although some people in the pit were crazy...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe they threw things at you!

Mm, I meant no dyed hair/piercings... As for what I'm wearing...I don't really know! But probably...oshare-ish? I dunno. I have like a bright pink hat/yellow shirt/rainbow tights that I want to wear but we'll see. SexPot is cool.. but yah, so expensive! Nice boyfriend :)
But then again I'm kinda cheap when it comes to clothes..

Yep, my first time too. I'm coming from Southern California... seems like a different state sometimes...

Oh, but I've actually been to this convention center before, for a fencing tournament! They have air conditioning! (maybe thats obvious...)
It was a couple years ago. And I was pretty much inside fencing or sleeping haha.

Ooh, tree buddies.
We can picnic <3

Kazuko

I have been a J-rock fan since 04-05 lawls but I still know the decency to not attack another fan because he or she is not dressed like the band or what not.

Alot of J-rock fans are elitst and with them comes the subgenres. Im into the Lolita Fashion (lol my icon is an easy reference Angelic Pretty's artist Maki) and well you just have to ignore the rude people and know that there are really nice people out there. helpful as well when it comes to outfits and shows. (i have dabbled in fashion also :d) You dont need brand named items to be cool I learned, even though its really nice.

I have been to a few Music fest shows and a few j-rock concerts, Despair's Ray's first US tour back in 05, Kamijo from Lareine are just two x: but Im excited to meet some Caffeko

Im hoping Ancafe plays some of their older stuff like Odoru Meruhei Toki and Dakku no magikaru adobenchaa

IshokuOsero

My friends and I couldn't believe it either. We actually had to hold one of my friends back to stop her from fighting the guys that were throwing stuff at us. ^^;

Ah, I see. I'm allergic to metal, so I can't have piercings, otherwise I'd probably look insane or something. I've always wanted to have all of Ban's lip piercings (drummer of Lolita23q), but alas, I can't. I had half pink and half blonde hair like his was last year, though. 8D But yeah, I won't be insane like that this time around. I'll be dressing semi-oshare one of the days, but the rest of the time I'm thinking of more of a punky look, just because I recently got clothes that will fit well with that, so I like to show them off, haha. x3
I'm cheap when it comes to clothes also. I only buy shirts when they're under $10 a piece, and pants when they're around $20. So yeah, cheap. ^^;

Ohh, air conditioning! xD That sounds good enough for me, haha. Was the fencing tournament fun? I've always wanted to try fencing~.

Picnic! Now I feel like I should make up some bento boxes and ice them until Sunday.
The plane probably wouldn't allow it though, they're more and more strict every day it seems.

Do you have some sort of IM messenger, like Yahoo or MSN? I'd love to talk to you more~

Kazuko - I'd love to hear dakku no magikaru adobenchaa! I bet it would be amazing live, haha.
I personally really want them to play Wagamama koushinkyoku, it has always been one of my favorites. Maple Gunman should be a must, too, because I want to do the hand motions to it so badly. xD

fencergirl

Thats terrible...

Mmm, I want 1 or 2 more piercings on my ears...yeah... haha. My outfits for each day is like planned out already... I'm gonna do a Nana O cosplay one day though and MAYBE an An Cafe cosplay (its not finished...)

Ooh yay! Thrift stores ftw.

Yeah it was fun <3 Its always fun to travel to tournaments because you get to see friends you don't usually see and stuff.
It was my first Pacific Coast Championships though and I don't think I did well...don't remember...

I'm driving <3 so I can overpack.
I don't know how to make bento but I'm bringing a cooler...

Yah!! I feel bad getting so off topic. I'll PM my email, is that okay?

Kazuko:
Lolita is awesome! Can't afford/not talented enough to sew it though haha.

Ahaha. I love Duck no Magical Adventure.

Inuashley

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2008, 10:53:56 PM
Quote from: royalism on May 20, 2008, 04:53:15 PM
While I'm sure it wasn't your final decision, I feel it was wrong to get everyone's hopes up and then be like "OH WAIT GUYS, SORRY ANCAFE IS TOO TIRED TO MEET YOU".
You're telling me. I ordered tickets, then we reserved a room and arranged for catering in a 4-star hotel. The tickets just arrived, so no refund for those, and you can imagine what happens when you try to cancel a catered event in a 4-star hotel a week prior. (They don't give your money back.)

QuoteI mean, there's already going to be a fuckton of pissed off cafekko, and ONLY letting 100 in, especially after finding out there's no reception?    It kind of makes you guys look like you don't know what you're doing..
I apologize. There's only so much we can do in our position, and sometimes things happen that aren't in anyone's control.

Quote from: gackt_2003 on May 20, 2008, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: phen on May 20, 2008, 12:21:13 PM
Also, there will be concert merchandise, correct? How is this going to be handled?
ohh yes, i'd like to know about the concert merchandise, too.
also for the autograph session, would we have to buy something there to be signed? or can it be anything we bring? [ie. magazine, cd]
There should be concert merchandise available for purchase anywhere An Cafe shows up - i.e. the autograph session, Q&A session, and concert. Whether or not they choose to sell at those locations is up to  them.

I highly encourage you to buy something there, regardless of if you get that item or another signed. I don't know if it's required, but there are two things: one, I know enough to realize that every penny you spend on An Cafe at one of those tables is going directly to those underfed boys, and two, why not indulge and get official merchandise while they're here!

Quote from: PK on May 20, 2008, 12:48:03 PM
Thank you Tony for clearing that up for me!
I promise I won't be in the way while i'm waiting

^^

and since the reception is cancelled..maybe those 100 tickets could go to the autograph session??
:D

probably not right
:'(

Oh well I'm happy either way
Aww, you're too sweet!

I've arranged for 8 tickets to go to the Karaoke contest, which I believe is on Friday evening, and 12 tickets to go to Stage Zero - Stage Zero has all kinds of contests throughout the weekend, and I've asked that they give some away on Saturday and early Sunday. The remaining 80 will be distributed via random drawing to people who used an An Cafe promo code. The other 100 will remain open to anyone who gets in line. Sound ok?  ;D

Aw man, I feel so bad that you were stuck with that kind of last minute situation where you had to try and cancel >.< I really appreciate both your and the rest of the Musicfest staff's effort and time spent on all of this. ^^ I do have a question though, for the 80 tickets that are being given out to the promo code users, will we know if we got them via email before the con, or how exactly does that work? Thanks. ^^
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

royalism

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2008, 10:53:56 PMYou're telling me. I ordered tickets, then we reserved a room and arranged for catering in a 4-star hotel. The tickets just arrived, so no refund for those, and you can imagine what happens when you try to cancel a catered event in a 4-star hotel a week prior. (They don't give your money back.)

Shit, that's awful. :/
I'm sorry if I came off as a bitch, as you're under a lot more stress than I am, so thanks for dealing with me. xD;

Oh well~ we tried!  I'm still happy to see them and I plan on snagging an autograph ticket.  ;)
Thanks for your hard work.

phen

I don't think it's been said enough, but thanks you guys for your hard work :'3
I'm sure the stress levels are sky-high right now for you.

Don't worry, no matter how cruel some cafekko seem, we're all really grateful you're bringing the boys here for us :]

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: Tony on May 20, 2008, 10:53:56 PM
You're telling me. I ordered tickets, then we reserved a room and arranged for catering in a 4-star hotel. The tickets just arrived, so no refund for those, and you can imagine what happens when you try to cancel a catered event in a 4-star hotel a week prior. (They don't give your money back.)

How about hauling in some of that nice catered food into the Safety office? We promise we'll take good care of it and it will all be in one piece when you get it back... Or have enough left over for the hardworking MusicFest staff(...NOT!)

PK

Quote from: IshokuOsero on May 21, 2008, 12:21:34 AM

PK - I'll be a dressed up Cafekko, but I'm nice! I have noticed lots of crappy fans, though. I don't think that elitists really deserve a title like Cafekko, though. It seems like a lot of people just like bands like An Cafe because of how they dress or act. Like when Bou left, people were crying and complaining and saying they hated Antikku after that. WTF, that's not how you act! For the music, people... the MUSIC! Dressing awesome is just an added bonus! 8D Anyways though, I will be dressed up and stuff, but I'm nice.~ I'd love to swap e-mail with you and Mrsanticafe, also, since I really want to meet some nice Cafekkos when I'm there!

I'm sure you will look lovely!
See I wouldn't be able to pull of the look so I wouldn't even try
~_~

You guys sound like lovely fans we really should meet up.
I'll be flying in Thursday and most likely be spending the day in line for Pre-reg

Maybe we should have little signs that say: "I'm a nice Cafekko"
XD

NyappyRabbit

Quote from: PK on May 21, 2008, 07:48:48 AM
Quote from: IshokuOsero on May 21, 2008, 12:21:34 AM

Maybe we should have little signs that say: "I'm a nice Cafekko"
XD

Hahaha! Thats great! Yea you all seem nice as well as the people on an cafe media vault. I hope I can meet some of you! Im a tad bit shy so im not really the type to walk up to someone and start a conversation...

PK

Quote from: NyappyRabbit on May 21, 2008, 08:36:33 AM

Hahaha! Thats great! Yea you all seem nice as well as the people on an cafe media vault. I hope I can meet some of you! Im a tad bit shy so im not really the type to walk up to someone and start a conversation...

Me too NyappyRabbit!!
It's hard for me to just start babbling about random stuff with random people.
XD
But it's a bit easier when I know we have the same intrests
^^
We really should meet up!

Tony

Quote from: IshokuOsero on May 21, 2008, 12:47:16 AM
Oh, so then they'll be selling the merch the entire weekend?
Or are they still just selling it during certain points in time?

//edit - Sorry if it's a stupid question, I've never been to an Anime Convention before so this will be my first, and I don't really know how everything goes just yet. >.>
There is a vendor that will be selling merchandise in the Dealers room the entire weekend; additionally, the band themselves will be selling merchandise at their events. So there should be lots of opportunity to get some cool stuff, though I personally would buy from the band directly... just feels more supportive.

Quote from: Kazuko on May 21, 2008, 02:12:35 AM
Im hoping Ancafe plays some of their older stuff like Odoru Meruhei Toki and Dakku no magikaru adobenchaa
There was a duck on their equipment list... lots of other strange things as well...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

phen

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2008, 10:58:51 AM
There was a duck on their equipment list... lots of other strange things as well...
haha yessss~ :'D

also @Kazuko, Teruki said the tour would be a mix of Shikisai, Magnya, and Gokutama, so they'll definitely play older songs :] they played a lot of older songs in Europe, too.

PK

Wheee this is going to be so fun!!!~

milan

If anyone would like to meet up with some other Cafekko, there is an entire section on this forum about it. ^^;
http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cafekko_Central/index.php?s=77b57efea41ac358de75a7234bb88322&showforum=6

Hope to meet you guys :)

gackt_2003

you guys are going way off topic...XD

anyways, thanks so much Tony for putting up with all our questions and thanks to musicfest staff for dealing with everything. i'm sure everything will go nicely when the time comes. *now to plan when to line up early saturday morning since i'll get in just as the time ends for tickets on friday ><*

nanshi

Quote from: gackt_2003 on May 21, 2008, 12:55:19 PM
you guys are going way off topic...XD

anyways, thanks so much Tony for putting up with all our questions and thanks to musicfest staff for dealing with everything. i'm sure everything will go nicely when the time comes. *now to plan when to line up early saturday morning since i'll get in just as the time ends for tickets on friday ><*

Ha.. me and my friend will arrive around the same time... right after 8pm. I wonder if they will let us wait in line for Saturday's tickets so early xD

Nyappy in the World!

VampireAlucard

If we manage to get tickets for the autograph session are we only allowed to get one autograph? We are most likely only allowed one, but I wanted to know because my brother had to cancel going to Fanime at the last minute due to getting sick and won't be able to get an autograph himself.

DN6412

Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2008, 10:58:51 AM
Quote from: IshokuOsero on May 21, 2008, 12:47:16 AM
Oh, so then they'll be selling the merch the entire weekend?
Or are they still just selling it during certain points in time?

//edit - Sorry if it's a stupid question, I've never been to an Anime Convention before so this will be my first, and I don't really know how everything goes just yet. >.>
There is a vendor that will be selling merchandise in the Dealers room the entire weekend; additionally, the band themselves will be selling merchandise at their events. So there should be lots of opportunity to get some cool stuff, though I personally would buy from the band directly... just feels more supportive.

And which event is this? (:

Oh! And thanks for answering my previous question!