2008 Karaoke Contest - Received Entries

Started by Hank-KKD, May 12, 2008, 09:14:41 PM

Lar-Ki

I think I want to change my Prelim song also lol... I'm not so sure Sorairo Days isn't a good song for me. XD I'd rather do Asu he no Brilliant Road(TV Ver) instead.  :D;;;;;

AriSky

OMG.  The prelim song I want to switch out is Asu e no Brilliant Road.  XD  I'm getting murdered by the second verse for some reason, just can't seem to get my mouth around it.  T T

My second song's fast enough, so I was thinking of something a bit slower for prelims, like Michiyuki or Sayonara Solitia.
Fanime con-goer since 2005.
Resident Shizuru (YYH) and Kaitou (HxH).
Fanime 2011's blue Dalek.

yumicchi88

wow, whats with this wave of "Asu e no brilliant Road"??
I was thinking about it until yesterday! lol

I guess I'll stick with This Love ^^
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Lar-Ki

Ouh.. well crap.. so...

The same song can be sung twice right? But by different people... Because.. I think it's the best choice for me at Prelims.. @_@ The Second verse isn't that hard, I just need to learn the lyrics a bit more.

yumicchi88

it should be ok, i remember hearing at least twice "God Knows" last year

Lar-Ki

Ouh gawd if I hear any song from Haruhi I am going to explode. @__@ For all Karaoke stuff... that and Cruel Angel's Thesis, the mother of all Anime themes. XD

Hank-KKD

Quote from: Lar-Ki on May 18, 2008, 09:57:50 AM
Ouh gawd if I hear any song from Haruhi I am going to explode. @__@ For all Karaoke stuff... that and Cruel Angel's Thesis, the mother of all Anime themes. XD

You now understand the pain we karaoke staff go through every year :P

yumicchi88

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 18, 2008, 10:56:59 PM
Quote from: Lar-Ki on May 18, 2008, 09:57:50 AM

You now understand the pain we karaoke staff go through every year :P

ok, Cruel angel's thesis is out from my list then ^^
it was one of my least favorable selection anyways

taho

O_O

I'm changing my song now.. ;_;..

I spent so many days memorizing that, too.  :'(

Hank-KKD

Quote from: taho on May 18, 2008, 11:21:23 PM
O_O

No need to change your song, we don't take off any points for song selection, and everyone is judged equally no matter which song they sing. We hear the same songs at every con, so we are well used to it now. I was speaking more in jest.

yumicchi88

That's right!
Sing something you are confident and want to sing!

Enkai

Yeah, confidence is definitely key.  I think anybody who's performed in front of people will understand that nervousness is not something you're going to get rid of, just something you're going to have to deal with.  And singing something you're confident with is one way to do so.  I've been practicing my songs as much as I can just because I KNOW I'm going to get nervous up there. 

Point: It's more important to choose something YOU can sing well, rather than what people want (or don't want) to hear.

yumicchi88

Quote from: Enkai on May 19, 2008, 07:07:29 AM
Yeah, confidence is definitely key.  I think anybody who's performed in front of people will understand that nervousness is not something you're going to get rid of, just something you're going to have to deal with.  And singing something you're confident with is one way to do so.  I've been practicing my songs as much as I can just because I KNOW I'm going to get nervous up there. 

Point: It's more important to choose something YOU can sing well, rather than what people want (or don't want) to hear.

ABSOLUTELY! i did that last year and i screwed up, big time!

taho

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 18, 2008, 11:48:39 PM
Quote from: taho on May 18, 2008, 11:21:23 PM
O_O

No need to change your song, we don't take off any points for song selection, and everyone is judged equally no matter which song they sing. We hear the same songs at every con, so we are well used to it now. I was speaking more in jest.

It's alright. I'm actually glad I was able to know some opinions- as I am a total noob to all this. I will think long and hard about this and choose songs that I cannot be swayed out of despite comments.