Why is it hot??

Started by blancoisma, May 15, 2008, 03:06:31 PM

JTchinoy

Quote from: shortpachoo on May 15, 2008, 10:50:37 PM
Well according to Weather.com (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0993?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared) it will be 75-80 degrees during Fanime (up to Saturday), which is warm but a lot better than this
Beat me to it.

It's 86 degree air temperature here in downtown san jose at the moment, that's fairly warm but hardly what would be "hot".
humidity around here is 42% at the moment, which is slightly stuffy.  nothing bad.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

WE STILL FIGHT! FIGHTIN' IN THESE NINTIES...

Okay, awful joke only a handful of people will get.

Jun-Watarase

too hooooottttttttttttttttttt...................................................

Not allowed to walk around naked in the house when the guys are around, so stuck wearing CLOTHING. One thing I hate about hot weather is that... you can't do anything about it. Same with wind. At least with cold weather, you can add clothing RIGHT!?!? RIGHT?!?!?!!??!?! I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS THE END!!!

The end... I am defeated by the heat.

lkdfjlskdjflkjgヶjfklsdjfklsjflじゃ英rfklfjlfkshfぁいdぁいjふぃあklふぁhりえlfkdj!!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Mizuki on May 16, 2008, 01:52:58 AM
WE STILL FIGHT! FIGHTIN' IN THESE NINTIES...

Okay, awful joke only a handful of people will get.

If I's a tough boy, I'd be handling these said ninties.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Mizuki

I have been properly trained going to vegas in the summer, being an idiot 3x in a row wearing clothing like it's fall in Bay Area. I can withstand this god forbidden heat! And yes, Jun actually got my joke :V

Mister_E

Has anyone been to Texas if you think this is bad once you get off that plane and into the streets KA-POW you get a punch in the face with Muggy air.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Trumby

I'm up in Oregon and it's hot here too..we went from getting snow last month (wtf? Snow in April?) to AMG hot this month. Hoping it's not hot down there next weekend.. <.<
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

shortpachoo

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 16, 2008, 01:50:03 AM
Quote from: shortpachoo on May 15, 2008, 10:50:37 PM
Well according to Weather.com (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0993?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared) it will be 75-80 degrees during Fanime (up to Saturday), which is warm but a lot better than this
Beat me to it.

It's 86 degree air temperature here in downtown san jose at the moment, that's fairly warm but hardly what would be "hot".
humidity around here is 42% at the moment, which is slightly stuffy.  nothing bad.

To add to my post it now looks like it might even rain on Saturday too

But isn't this some weird weather, cool one week hot the next and then repeat

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

anomaly

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 16, 2008, 01:53:40 AM
too hooooottttttttttttttttttt...................................................

Not allowed to walk around naked in the house when the guys are around, so stuck wearing CLOTHING. One thing I hate about hot weather is that... you can't do anything about it. Same with wind. At least with cold weather, you can add clothing RIGHT!?!? RIGHT?!?!?!!??!?! I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS THE END!!!

"One thing I hate about hot weather is that... you can't do anything about it. Same with wind. At least with cold weather, you can add clothing RIGHT!?!? RIGHT?!?!?!!??!?!"

I have always found myself saying the same thing, seeing as though I only moved out from philly a month ago....Yesterday, it reached 109 in the sun ... so says my therm in my car anyways (which never fails to upset me with its lies...)

But, I will give cali the credit...in philly it would reach 105 in the summer, but with 80-90% humidity..I'd say the dry heat is a nice change.

I think....I'm really going to miss the snow :(

I R Sad now...will somone make it snow for me this winter...I miss the white fluffy flakes of icy wetness landing on my tongue as I stand outside on my balcony at 2am...so quiet and serene...a halo around the moon,  The bright white adding a deep reddish hue to the clouds.

.sigh.

Oh well...atleast there are mountains and vineyards and cows here.

anyway FANIME ISH TEH SOON = WIN!!!
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

--------------------------------------------------
Fanime 2008 ConOps

protocol7

Quote from: Mister_E on May 16, 2008, 02:10:49 AM
Has anyone been to Texas if you think this is bad once you get off that plane and into the streets KA-POW you get a punch in the face with Muggy air.

Ugh. Yes. Houston in October. Oni-con, It was between 90-100 outside with thunderstorms and pouring rain. That's something you don't see around here.
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

mDuo13

The one thing you can do in this heat is go hang out in places that have air conditioning. For example, your local Borders. I've pulled that once or twice before.

JTchinoy

IT IS THE END!!!

*pat pat*
it seems cooler today... although that may be because it's only 10am right now.
good luck with today! ;D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

AnimeEmperor

For Fanime I demand a panel discussion on how to block out the sun!!!!!!!!!!

~~Loktera~~

This is precisely why I like winter.

During winter, you can just keep adding layers until you are comfortable. During the Summer, however... You can only take off so much before people start complaining.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

anomaly

...but its fun once i'm down to my inner organs
"Every morning I jump out of bed and step on a landmine. The landmine is me. After the explosion, I spend the rest of the day putting the pieces together." -rb

Fanime 2008 ConOps

otakuapprentice

IT IS THE END!!!

weak.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

anomaly

so are there any gatherings anywhere this evening?

I'm trying to find something to do...dont feel like staying in again.

anyone up for a movie or a bar trip or...I dunno..a nice game of risk?

Fanime 2008 ConOps

G.I.R

Let's see, We went from 65 and rain on Monday, to 102, sunny, and freakin' humid on Fry-day.  :P

It's already 92 today!

anomaly

ish hot today again....growl

Fanime 2008 ConOps

zoupzuop2

I am in full agreement that in most parts of the globe, we are experiencing an increase in atmospheric temperature. Or, as some call it, Late Spring.

(I forgot who I stole that from...)

It be freakin' hot. The cool thing is, if Fanime gets really hot, Ranma tends to wear a tanktop, so... I be a happy camper at Fanime, yeah? :3
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.