Yet another ID question.

Started by Sharysa, May 18, 2008, 01:26:43 PM

Sharysa

I know that the forums are littered with these, but unless I've been looking for the wrong threads, I haven't seen anything related to my problem.

1.  I know that school IDs are passable when picking up your badge, and luckily I have both that and my government ID.  I'll also get my postcard and stash it somewhere safe this week.

2.  My niece has neither government OR school ID (her elementary school doesn't give them), and she's not entirely sure if her passport's still valid.  She's going to check once she gets back to her mom's house.  If her passport's not valid, this would leave her with only her postcard.  Leading to my actual question:

3.  My sister and I are her aunts, and obviously her guardians for Fanime--we're also legal adults, in case that matters.  Would we be able to back her up during the identity-proving part of her registration?
Cosplays:

Summoner Yuna (Final Fantasy 10)

Magedark

I'm not sure school IDs are valid. However, a passport is government issued, so I'm pretty sure it would work out for your niece.

Rei-Rei

Quote from: Sharysa on May 18, 2008, 01:26:43 PM
I know that the forums are littered with these, but unless I've been looking for the wrong threads, I haven't seen anything related to my problem.

1.  I know that school IDs are passable when picking up your badge, and luckily I have both that and my government ID.  I'll also get my postcard and stash it somewhere safe this week.

2.  My niece has neither government OR school ID (her elementary school doesn't give them), and she's not entirely sure if her passport's still valid.  She's going to check once she gets back to her mom's house.  If her passport's not valid, this would leave her with only her postcard.  Leading to my actual question:

3.  My sister and I are her aunts, and obviously her guardians for Fanime--we're also legal adults, in case that matters.  Would we be able to back her up during the identity-proving part of her registration?
That is a pretty hard question to answer, considering she doesn't have any ID at all, maybe just bring that passport along just in case, but you should email registration about it. =\

Your niece is in elementary school? How old is she?
If she's 10 or under 10 she doesn't need a ticket... >.>

SOawesomeness

If your niece is 10 or under, her parents/legal guardians need to register her and can vouch for her, but ONLY if she is 10 or under.

Otherwise, if she doesn't have a valid passport, I'd seriously shoot an e-mail to Registration as soon as you can. :0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Chewie

Better question is did you guys pre-register her? If not, I thought it didn't matter about ID?

Edit in: I also do not mean to say that it doesn't matter, I am asking a two part question. It's just that*I* was under the impression the government ID thing was for pre-registering members only.