MusicFest vs. B&W ball?!

Started by questionette, May 19, 2008, 08:40:15 PM

questionette

So...I've heard that these two events are going to be at the same time...which one do you think you will attend?
Which (in your opinion) will have more people attending? (I'm a fanime newbie so don't beat me up for asking plz)

I really wanted to go to the Black and White...but...c'mon...AN CAFE...gahh
You torture me, Fanime.

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

gackt_2003

OMG! my thoughts exactly. well, not really. but i was so disappointed when i heard the ball was the same time as the concert. before an cafe was announced, i was excited to go to the ball, then i was excited to go to both. but after the schedule was set, i was bummed i couldnt go to one.
but i have no idea which people will attend more.

mrsanticafe

I wished I could go to the ball! ;_; I've never done anything like that, but I'm going to the concert. I wouldn't miss Antic Cafe.

JTchinoy

Isn't An cafe a separate event from the normal musicfest?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Enkai

B&W ball.  Not even a contest.  My fiancee's a competitive ballroom dancer.  Me...well....I (attempt to) follow him.  We've both been pretty excited about the ball since we first found out about it.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Enkai on May 19, 2008, 10:30:49 PM
B&W ball.  Not even a contest.  My fiancee's a competitive ballroom dancer.  Me...well....I (attempt to) follow him.  We've both been pretty excited about the ball since we first found out about it.
Well... I'm suddenly terrified to dance.  :'(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Megumi

I wasn't happy about them scheduling these two events at the same time either beacuse I wanted to go to the bxw ball for the first time but An Cafe is like a once in a lifetime thing while bxw ball will always be around (even if i have to wait a whole year for it).

SOawesomeness

I'll be attending both. (:

I'm only gonna pop into An Cafe's performance for maybe 30 min max and then go change for BWB and attend it.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Enkai

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 19, 2008, 10:33:10 PM

Haha, don't be. Number 1, he has me for a partner.  XD  Number 2, he's great, but competitive ballroom isn't all like the movies or Dancing with the Stars.  That level would be considered Open competition.  Before you get there, you have to go through Bronze, Silver, and Gold standard levels.  He dances on bronze/silver levels, still a hell of a whole lot better than I'm at, but not 'everybody on the dance floor stops and stares as you sweep the floors.'  ;-)

questionette

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 19, 2008, 10:43:51 PM
I'll be attending both. (:

I'm only gonna pop into An Cafe's performance for maybe 30 min max and then go change for BWB and attend it.

Hmm...this might possibly be what I do....is it doable though...hmmmm

JTchinoy

Quote from: Enkai on May 19, 2008, 10:45:09 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on May 19, 2008, 10:33:10 PM

Haha, don't be. Number 1, he has me for a partner.  XD  Number 2, he's great, but competitive ballroom isn't all like the movies or Dancing with the Stars.  That level would be considered Open competition.  Before you get there, you have to go through Bronze, Silver, and Gold standard levels.  He dances on bronze/silver levels, still a hell of a whole lot better than I'm at, but not 'everybody on the dance floor stops and stares as you sweep the floors.'  ;-)
And I know nothing soo.... I'll let you guys have the floor =D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Dancing Lanza

not just you torture me, Fanime~

but you piss me off,  Fanime~

tho if Antic Cafe wants to play at that time, then it's not you guys' fault at all~
I know arrangement all theses things with celebrities are not to easy

but still
it's torturing me >____<
BADLY!
http://www.cosspace.com/DancingLanza
www.myspace.com/dancingL

I GOT A WEBCAM!! Hit me up on AIM if interested =D
or MSN~

jemz

Quote from: JTchinoy on May 19, 2008, 09:36:52 PM
Isn't An cafe a separate event from the normal musicfest?

Nope. The An Cafe concert is one of two concerts put on by MusicFest.

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Nina Star 9

Since I rather dislike AnCafe's music and don't really care if I miss them, but I love to dance and had a huge blast at the ball last year, there is no contest here for me.

Kandybar

Baaaallllll.  I have no strong feelings about An Cafe and don't really mind if I miss them.

Tony

Um? B&W Ball is 7-10pm and MusicFest is 8-9:30. An Cafe's set is at 8:30. I would dance for an hour or hour and a half, and waltz (ha!) over to see An Cafe.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Jerry

For those who havent noticed it. - please respect the rules/guidelines of each event.

Keep in mind that AN CAFE is a ticketed event.

Dont forget your tickets and Musicfest + Rovers/Safety is expecting possible lines and rabid screaming fangirls.

As for B&W Ball space may be limited and dress code will be enforced.

It is possible to attend both, but to change from a J-rock/mosh pit outfit to a nice Tux/formal dress (or vice versa) will be quite a feat.

We all wish we could be in two places at once, but yah only if you have time traveling powers. I'm still working on it.  :D

Make the most of your time management skills and most important be fun and be safe. Sunday is gonna be an interesting nite for all.  ;D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

OniCourseMusha

Me and my gf might check out an cafe for little while.  Then we're off to B&W ball (don't want all my ballroom dancing lesson go to waste).
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

questionette

I hope there wont be an askewed ratio of males and females...how was that last year? girls tend to want to dance more than guys so...(but then again idk how many guys are into cross dressing male jrockers ^^)