Hilton Hotel Questions and Answers

Started by HILTONSTAFF, May 21, 2008, 09:57:06 AM

HILTONSTAFF

The whole Hotel will be renovated... so All the rooms will be redone.

HILTON STAFF
Travel should take you places

FanFicGuru

Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 27, 2008, 01:45:20 AM
Sorry about that...

come next Fanime (in 2009) our newly renovated rooms will all have flat panel LCD TV's with outlets so you can bring your gaming consoles and enjoy... See you in Fanime 09

HILTON STAFF

Score! Maybe I will stay at the hilton again next year...
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

Once the hotel has been renovated, will there still be a smoking floor? I love your hotel, but I admit the main draw for me is the smoking rooms. It's the only hotel in the area that allows it, and I would be quite upset if we lost that.

HILTONSTAFF

Regarding the Smoking Floor, we don't know yet.  It's 50/50 right now
Travel should take you places

AbsolutelyCursed

Moonblossom

Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 28, 2008, 09:59:09 PM

Oh god, please don't remove it. I really like your hotel, and I'm sure the renovations will be gorgeous, but San Jose needs at least one hotel that still allows people to smoke if they so choose, rather than treating smokers like second-class citizens, which your competition does already. It's a terrible business practice. Smokers have money too. :/ The argument that it disturbs other guests is kind of asinine, because so do moronic parties in the elevators, people who hog the hot tub, people who run up and down the halls at 4 am, people who run the showers in the middle of the night, and the convention has more than enough of those. But god forbid someone wants to relax with a cigarette at the end of the day...

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Moonblossom on May 29, 2008, 06:44:52 AM
Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 28, 2008, 09:59:09 PM

Oh god, please don't remove it. I really like your hotel, and I'm sure the renovations will be gorgeous, but San Jose needs at least one hotel that still allows people to smoke if they so choose, rather than treating smokers like second-class citizens, which your competition does already. It's a terrible business practice. Smokers have money too. :/ The argument that it disturbs other guests is kind of asinine, because so do moronic parties in the elevators, people who hog the hot tub, people who run up and down the halls at 4 am, people who run the showers in the middle of the night, and the convention has more than enough of those. But god forbid someone wants to relax with a cigarette at the end of the day...

All due respect, but parties in elevators, hogging hot tubs and running up and down hallways doesn't kill people.

Second-hand smoke does. Granted you just want to relax with a single cigarette at the end of the day or whatever, and that's totally cool...but the chain smokers, etc who basically flood their entire rooms and hallways with smoke make it worse for everyone.

Anyways, we'll see how the Hilton renovates their building next year.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

Please provide sources where it's definitive that second-hand smoke has been directly responsible for the death of someone. You'll be quite surprised when you can't find any. :/

Also, I'm not even the one who smokes.

Last year I had to deal with people drinking some ridiculous watermelon cocktail IN AN ELEVATOR that caused my throat to swell up. I could have died in there, I had to take an injection for it. How is that not more harmful than exposing yourself to three days of dispersed cigarette smoke?

Tony

Let's not get into this here, as it's highly off-topic... ^^; Thanks.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

abcbadcat

Quote from: Moonblossom on May 29, 2008, 06:44:52 AM
people who run the showers in the middle of the night

Hey, I need to shower off after I rave my face off at 4am.

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: MPLe on May 27, 2008, 10:05:19 AM
Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 27, 2008, 01:45:20 AM
Sorry about that...

come next Fanime (in 2009) our newly renovated rooms will all have flat panel LCD TV's with outlets so you can bring your gaming consoles and enjoy... See you in Fanime 09

HILTON STAFF
Is there a list of rooms that will be renovated or possibly a way to request one of the said rooms when making a reservation? :)

I am wondering that too, but does this mean the hotel rooms cost will go up ?

Squeeky_Moonkin

[/quote]
Is there a list of rooms that will be renovated or possibly a way to request one of the said rooms when making a reservation? :)
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would also like to know the answers to those 2 questions and if its known, when will renovations take place?

Kender

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on June 01, 2008, 07:53:08 PM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on May 29, 2008, 02:32:11 PM
Quote from: MPLe on May 27, 2008, 10:05:19 AM

I would also like to know the answers to those 2 questions and if its known, when will renovations take place?

The first question was already answered on May 27, 2008, 02:00:34 PM with this:

Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 27, 2008, 02:00:34 PM
The whole Hotel will be renovated... so All the rooms will be redone.

HILTON STAFF

The other questions have yet to be answered though :3
"We don't stop playing because we grow old.  We grow old because we stop playing."

BrightHeart76

I don't think they're monitoring this thread anymore.  The first post said they would monitor the thread for the 2 days leading up to fanime.  You can always e-mail the hotel if you have questions.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

wickedbi1ch

Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 21, 2008, 09:57:06 AM
Hello,

I will be monitoring the forums these 2 days before the Convention and will try to answer any questions or concerns regarding The Hilton in San Jose.

Please post your questions and/or concerns...

Thank you for choosing the Hilton San Jose and we look forward to servicing your needs during Fanime!!!
HILTON STAFF

Because we're spending most of our time and money on the convention, we're actually going to be bringing in dry and preserved foods that can be stored at room temperature, would that be a problem? And also are there water boilers or anything that could be a water boiler? Are there refrigerators in every room?

My only concern is that my friends and I won't be able to eat the food we bring.
~ Life's easy because of its hardships....

FANIME '09!!!!!!

BunofGovt

Quote from: wickedbi1ch on December 05, 2008, 08:29:05 PM
Quote from: HILTONSTAFF on May 21, 2008, 09:57:06 AM
Hello,

I will be monitoring the forums these 2 days before the Convention and will try to answer any questions or concerns regarding The Hilton in San Jose.

Please post your questions and/or concerns...

Thank you for choosing the Hilton San Jose and we look forward to servicing your needs during Fanime!!!
HILTON STAFF

Because we're spending most of our time and money on the convention, we're actually going to be bringing in dry and preserved foods that can be stored at room temperature, would that be a problem? And also are there water boilers or anything that could be a water boiler? Are there refrigerators in every room?

My only concern is that my friends and I won't be able to eat the food we bring.

I think as long as the food is in a container and not spread about on the desk/table area it should be okay.  We brought cups of noodles in the box and a grocery cooler cart for our other food and kept all of it in the corner under the telephone table.  We also brought a hot water pot to plug in.  Bought it at Ranch 99, something like 2.5 liters.  If you have a coffee maker in your room, you could try heating the water in that.

We also brought extra plastic bags to put our trash in, since the trash cans in the rooms aren't that big.  Just to help keep things a little neater.

I think you have to ask for a fridge and if there's one available, you may get it.  I don't remember if the rooms at the Hilton come with refridgerators.  That would be a nice addition to the renovations, though.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

wickedbi1ch

I think as long as the food is in a container and not spread about on the desk/table area it should be okay.  We brought cups of noodles in the box and a grocery cooler cart for our other food and kept all of it in the corner under the telephone table.  We also brought a hot water pot to plug in.  Bought it at Ranch 99, something like 2.5 liters.  If you have a coffee maker in your room, you could try heating the water in that.

We also brought extra plastic bags to put our trash in, since the trash cans in the rooms aren't that big.  Just to help keep things a little neater.

I think you have to ask for a fridge and if there's one available, you may get it.  I don't remember if the rooms at the Hilton come with refridgerators.  That would be a nice addition to the renovations, though.
[/quote]

you were able to get a water boiler in there? that's great! we were planning that we just weren't sure if there would be any problem with that or not. Thanks!
~ Life's easy because of its hardships....

FANIME '09!!!!!!

Moonblossom

Before the reno, all the rooms at the Hilton had fridges, and coffee makers that can also be used just to heat water. If you fill one up and run it without coffee in it, you get water hot enough to make noodles and things.

Not sure about now though, and I don't think the hilton staff member is still checking this thread?

Steve.Young

We can poke the Hilton staff to come back and check =D
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

sysadmin

I'm going to lock this thread for now.  After the hotel room pricing has been announced to the fans, I think only then will it be meaningful to ask these questions.

Patience is awesome.