--> PC GAMING!!! <--

Started by Silent One, May 23, 2008, 04:37:23 PM

Silent One

Remember the post about that there is no pc gaming this year right? Well, right now, I'm looking for people to go against me in CS 1.6, DOD, or Melty Blood Act Cadenza Ver. B. Please look for a guy with a black HP labtop. I'm seriously looking for a challenge that will invigorate me durning the convention. Thanks! XD

AmazingKenchan

We'll have a working solution for this problem next year, as well as possibly a place to set up non-official tournaments.  I know yesterday someone wanted a Hokuto no Ken tourney, but it just never got together.  I think the option should be available if we don't think of it ourselves.
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Hey, I am under strong consideration of coming back to E-Gaming and if that happens, I'll do what I can to help them to get a PC section back.
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

AmazingKenchan

I'd personally love to see you back, I'm lost on PC gaming myself.  Everything else I think we can bring back up to snuff, give you a reason to come back.
2004-2005 Logistics Staff
2007-2009 eGaming Staff
2010-2012 Arcade Head

Silent One

Of course I will be back. I'm more than happy to help out the e-Gaming section, mostly PC though. Oh yeah, I kinda forgot your face. Can you send me a picture of you? Maybe we can meet up on AIM or something.

Reikon

I can help with the PC gaming too. I'm better with PCs than consoles anyways. I had no idea what a lot of the games you guys brought this year were.
2008-09 E-gaming staff

otakuapprentice

if pc gaming returns for next year, a few suggestions:

TF2
Left 4 Dead
Call of Duty 4
Starcraft 2
The Crossing (if it is out by then)
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Silent One

I think call of duty 4 and Starcraft 2 would probably be big hits then. The problem is that whether or not the computers can handle it. At most, I think my laptop can handle Starcraft 2. I hope you guys can provide the computers because I would like to give a go on CoD4 and Starcraft 2. Anyway, GO PC GAMING!!! XD

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Silent One on June 02, 2008, 01:50:11 PM
I think call of duty 4 and Starcraft 2 would probably be big hits then. The problem is that whether or not the computers can handle it. At most, I think my laptop can handle Starcraft 2. I hope you guys can provide the computers because I would like to give a go on CoD4 and Starcraft 2. Anyway, GO PC GAMING!!! XD
oh, i'm damn sure that even a current entry-level PC could probably run Starcraft 2, and Call of Duty 4 is already a huge(and i mean HUGE) hit among the FPS crowd. i will probably have my laptop by then to play this stuff.

Umi.Ryuuzaki

Quote from: otakuapprentice on May 31, 2008, 02:29:19 PM

TF2
Left 4 Dead
Call of Duty 4
Starcraft 2

For the moment, lets say PC Gaming comes back. Depending on the PC equipment we get, I was actually thinking the same list of games I can suggest to the E-Gaming head. My list was gonna be: CoD4, TF2, Starcraft 2 (If its out), UT3, and maybe C&C3 and/or a Battlefield Game. Being a PC Gamer myself, I know what's up =)

If there was a PC requirement, I would guess minimum dual core CPU, 2GB ram, nvidia 8xxx /ATI 2xxx or better, and WinXP or Vista. I know it sounds rather high, but it would be good to strive for 35-45 FPS with decently good looking settings.

But that's if the PC section is back... :D
Chito, aka Kaiyoko
-Formerly Umi.Ryuuzaki

FanimeCon E-Gaming
-Veteran E-Gaming staff since 2002
-Dept Head '05/06, Assist Dept Head '07, on break '08-'11, returned 2012
Gaming Hall Staffer 2013
-Yarr!

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Umi.Ryuuzaki on June 06, 2008, 12:20:44 AM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on May 31, 2008, 02:29:19 PM

TF2
Left 4 Dead
Call of Duty 4
Starcraft 2

For the moment, lets say PC Gaming comes back. Depending on the PC equipment we get, I was actually thinking the same list of games I can suggest to the E-Gaming head. My list was gonna be: CoD4, TF2, Starcraft 2 (If its out), UT3, and maybe C&C3 and/or a Battlefield Game. Being a PC Gamer myself, I know what's up =)

If there was a PC requirement, I would guess minimum dual core CPU, 2GB ram, nvidia 8xxx /ATI 2xxx or better, and WinXP or Vista. I know it sounds rather high, but it would be good to strive for 35-45 FPS with decently good looking settings.

But that's if the PC section is back... :D
Starcraft 2 should hopefully be out before the con rolls around next year, from the screenshots and footage released already.

The majority of new PC's that are currently available(even low entry-level $400-600) can run most new PC games at low settings very well(UT3 can run at friggin' ridiculously low settings, FYI), so this might not be a problem....but that is if it comes back.

NOTE: you WILL want Left 4 Dead there, trust me.

Silent One

Finally!!! I am posting again. Anyway, responding to all the posts, it would definately be cool if everyone pitches in, bring their laptops, and play hella games on it. In fact, it would be cool if we can have some LAN connection so we can all link up and fight against each other in C&C or some random fps game. Anyway, if we get a spot where we can put our PC's or something and play multiplayer games, it would be hella sick!!! Let's try to aim for that for Fanime 2K9!!! XD

JTchinoy

how about we just set up a huge byoc lan party in the corner and let all you pc gamers have at it. :P
0 liability to us on your computers and it saves us on getting equipment since it's byoc :D

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

otakuapprentice

Quote from: JTchinoy on July 01, 2008, 07:24:16 PM
how about we just set up a huge byoc lan party in the corner and let all you pc gamers have at it. :P
0 liability to us on your computers and it saves us on getting equipment since it's byoc :D
Now that idea I am starting to like; just need to upgrade to a new setup, and i will be set.

Silent One

That's seriously a good idea!!! I was actually tired of having to set up near the console gaming area. It was hella crowded!!! X(

JTchinoy

2.53 ghz wolfdale cpu
4gb ram
250 gb hd
8800gt ;)
i'm good to go if i wanted to play cod4

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

mDuo13

Silent One

lol... 250gb... I have 320gb in total... along with a lot of dvds!!!! XD

clawmaster

plz bring back pcs. i want to play me some team fortress 2

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Steve.Young

A lot of the new games are graphics and CPU heavy.

I doubt they would be able to get enough rigs that can handle it.

That being said, I have two notebooks that can probably but the whole idea of other people touching my stuff...

T9500 45nm CPU
4 gigs of ram
200gb 7200 rpm
8600 GT 512mb GPU
AGN card

and a

Xeon X3360
4 gigs of ram
960 gb 7200x3 Raid 0 Array
8800 GTX SLI
AGN card
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com