Masquerade Contestants and Winners

Started by angeljibrille, May 25, 2008, 06:13:48 PM

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: hellangel on May 29, 2008, 03:48:36 PM
Quote from: bahamutknightzero on May 29, 2008, 02:40:56 PMBTW, I was part of group 20 aka the poor unfortunate Zoro that had some trouble getting both swords drawn out. Its odd that I was able to do it perfectly before the skit and afterwards when I was leaving Kareoke.

I made this loud, very distressed squeek when I saw those precious swords flying...^^;;

o~o;;;;;; I feel somewhat guilty about that. To think "Oh no, Sharon is going to KILL me if she runs into me again" was going through my mind at one point. But I still love the swords, they were soooooo cool to use and handle.

Gatsby

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on May 29, 2008, 03:40:44 PM
Whoops, was confused by all the quotes in here.

Either way, thank you Darth. Its pretty rare to see people like skits of the "not as popular" groups.

Ehhh I think anyone who is willing to go on stage deserves some recognition ya kknow?

Oathkeeper

I agree there should be some sort of a people's choice award...but in that case...how do you figure out who wins? Paper ballotts? Volume of screams?? XP

I was the Sora in the Candy Mountain Cosplay "Im too Sexy" skit. Hope you guys enjoyed it! We had a blast!!!
fanime 2009
Kaname Kuran
...teh smexiest you'll ever see. ;)

Kouri Neko

Quote from: Oathkeeper on May 30, 2008, 12:10:21 AM
I agree there should be some sort of a people's choice award...but in that case...how do you figure out who wins? Paper ballotts? Volume of screams?? XP

I was the Sora in the Candy Mountain Cosplay "Im too Sexy" skit. Hope you guys enjoyed it! We had a blast!!!

Paper ballots put into a box..  There are a list of all the contestants on a ballot.  People vote on one and its put into a box as the people leave.  The winner is announced at closing ceremonies. 

--that's what I think should happen. 
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Oathkeeper

mmm....but only accept ballots from people who are leaving after the last skit...

because otherwise you'll have people getting voted for...and then the audience leaving halfway through (like what happened this year). That was awfully disheartening for our group, who was the last to perform. We only have 1/3 the audience that was there to begin with. :(
fanime 2009
Kaname Kuran
...teh smexiest you'll ever see. ;)

Kouri Neko

yeah.. valid point.  collecting at the end.  It will give people the incentive to stay the entire masquerade. 
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

hellangel

Quote from: Oathkeeper on May 30, 2008, 12:10:21 AMI was the Sora in the Candy Mountain Cosplay "Im too Sexy" skit. Hope you guys enjoyed it! We had a blast!!!

As manager of OH!smeCK, I would like to tell you that

OUR GROUP F'ING LOVES YOUR GROUP ZOMG !!!

And, yeah, I agree with an earlier comment~ kudos to everyone who went on stage!

bahamutknightzero: I'm not going to kill you. You paid for them, so you can do whatever with them, lol! (although the use of my real name here is a little strange ^^;;)
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

bahamutknightzero

Oathkeeper: Who DOESN'T love your group? *The rest of my group were sitting near you last year and chatted with your group, they enjoy both your skits*

Hellangel: Well you did get me a little paranoid there when you said you made that squeek, so I had no idea how to take that. BTW, loved the skit this year and was worth waiting for (even if I had to try guessing and be nowhere near as close ^^)

Enkai

Quote from: Oathkeeper on May 30, 2008, 12:10:21 AM

From the Baccano! skit...I know several of us loved your skit too!  (can't speak for all of us; only the ones who I could see sitting next to me)  XDDD  I'm not even a yaoi fan, and I found it quite amusing.  Uberprops for getting such a great response as the last skit; you helped to round things up nicely.  You did a great job both this year and last.  :-)

Props to everyone who had the courage to go onstage; especially the ones who went on later when the crowd was much less forgiving.

As for audience choice ballots....especially since Fanime tries to keep their judging times short, I think that might be too much trouble.  Even if you only counted the ones who stayed to the end, I think it would take far longer than 20 minutes to count that many ballots with that many entries.  Maybe if they set up some scantron system or something; but I think a lot of us don't want to be reminded of THAT part of school at a convention.  ^^;  If there was a quick way to do it, I'd be all for it; however, I understand why they don't.

hellangel

Quote from: bahamutknightzero on May 30, 2008, 09:21:55 PMHellangel: Well you did get me a little paranoid there when you said you made that squeek, so I had no idea how to take that. BTW, loved the skit this year and was worth waiting for (even if I had to try guessing and be nowhere near as close ^^)

XD my group members thought my response was hilarious

thanks! (try...guessing...what?)

I agree with Enkai about the audience ballot thing. Also, ahahaha THRILLER XD wonderfully synchronized!
Upcoming events:

Mister_E

Great Job everyone, see you on the stage next year, I might need a partner for 2009, a Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, a small part but much needed, or any other Female Anime character.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Ko-tan

You guys need to give the walk-ons some recognition too...They're soo brave to walk on stage all by themselves,and sometimes they don't have a choice to be in a cosplay group or not.Just thought I throw that in :)

hellangel

true. they were so pretty!

*passes cookies*
Upcoming events:

hellangel

btw, anyone have any idea of what day Masq will be next year, maybe? ?_?
Upcoming events:

bahamutknightzero

That is actually a good question. Will we know of a set day for Masq at next year's Fanime?

Gatsby

I'm not sure if I'm going to work with PafuPafu Productions again next year or do something with the friends I'm going with. Either way, I know I'll have a blast and definitely want to do another skit. :)

heeroyuy135

I'd like to know where it would be first before the date.
I'm hoping for the Performing Arts Center (2007) across the street instead of the Civic Center (2008)

Gatsby

I've only performed in the civic center, what makes the Performing Arts Center better?

Mister_E

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on December 02, 2008, 10:24:30 PM
I'm hoping for the Performing Arts Center (2007) across the street instead of the Civic Center (2008)
I like it better, because it's RIGHT THERE.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

jemz

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on December 02, 2008, 10:24:30 PM

As of right now, Masquerade will be at the Civic Center. The CPA is currently booked for that weekend in 2009.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って