Maid Cafe 2008 Feedback

Started by Jun-Watarase, May 26, 2008, 08:15:19 PM

Tony

Unfortunately the facilities request got a little messed up at the last minute and there were additional tables added... that didn't help with the shortage of maids. Kudos to Jun, Sydney, and the maid cafe staff for making do!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Steve.Young

Maid Cafe needs more sexy bouncers IMO.

;D
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

o0Mutsu0o

Guh, i can say i was dissapointed...

V___V Maybe this is mean, or i dont know enough about it..

But the fact that i paid an arm for a piece of cake wasn't what got me...

it was the fact that...

>___< Where were the males? /sob

Something about another female leaning over to me..trying to be sexy.. ( that and the fact that they literally looked 10...) was slightly creepy... just give me my cake..and let me dust off my boots....

xD even a cute one would have done...bah, maybe i'm just mean... But me and my pals were sitting there like " UGHHH???" when i went on about it.... oh well... maybe i'm just stupid?
See Ya all next year? ;3 ~

Kazuko

I went sunday and yeah the price for a juice thing was redonculous but ANYWHO

My critique was only one maid came and talked to us at our table, shes so cute. but everyone else was either waiting near the front when there was no people or just walked arround. I felt like I was eating at a dennys but yeah the atmosphere was pretty dull in regards that no one was there XP so i felt a bit dissapointed.

Super Kudos to Jun for their traning although body language should be put in as well. One of the girls stood too stifly i wanted to relaaax but oh well.

I liked it none the less

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: o0Mutsu0o on May 28, 2008, 03:36:50 PM

it was the fact that...

Something about another female leaning over to me..trying to be sexy.. ( that and the fact that they literally looked 10...) was slightly creepy... just give me my cake..and let me dust off my boots....

xD even a cute one would have done...bah, maybe i'm just mean... But me and my pals were sitting there like " UGHHH???" when i went on about it.... oh well... maybe i'm just stupid?

Well... err, I guess you'll be disappointed when you come every year, then, because this is a... maid cafe. It isn't a butler cafe. If you want one, then make a request or ask someone capable to join staff and organize it. As for them leaning over you, trying to be sexy, somehow I think you misinterpreted it, but I'll see that nothing promiscuous ever happens with our maids within the cafe while serving their patrons next year. As for you wanting them to leave you alone, the POINT of a maid cafe is to have a girl playing the role as a maid serving you and having interactions with your customers. These are all to be expected when you're visiting a maid cafe, otherwise, something is very wrong.

Sorry you were disappointed, but if you wanted a regular cafe, maybe you should've went to Hydration.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

o0Mutsu0o

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 28, 2008, 04:23:06 PM

it was the fact that...

Well... err, I guess you'll be disappointed when you come every year, then, because this is a... maid cafe. It isn't a butler cafe. If you want one, then make a request or ask someone capable to join staff and organize it. As for them leaning over you, trying to be sexy, somehow I think you misinterpreted it, but I'll see that nothing promiscuous ever happens with our maids within the cafe while serving their patrons next year. As for you wanting them to leave you alone, the POINT of a maid cafe is to have a girl playing the role as a maid serving you and having interactions with your customers. These are all to be expected when you're visiting a maid cafe, otherwise, something is very wrong.

Sorry you were disappointed, but if you wanted a regular cafe, maybe you should've went to Hydration.

;p It wasn't sexy, nor cute though.. V_V I guess that's just how i see it. Hm, my apologies.
See Ya all next year? ;3 ~

lacus

My friends came by and they said the food are actually pretty good comparing to other places in the convention.
(and yes they are overpriced as other places too)

i brought a tuna salad sandwich after my shift (as my friends recommended) and it tastes really good with fresh lemon juice =D I was surprised!

PyronIkari

it was the fact that...

Reading this. You seem to not understand what a Maid Cafe is at all.

Kaura117

Quote from: o0Mutsu0o on May 28, 2008, 04:30:23 PM

it was the fact that...

;p It wasn't sexy, nor cute though.. V_V I guess that's just how i see it. Hm, my apologies.

You... uh... you're not too informed about what a Maid Cafe's supposed to be about, are you? They're... maids. They're supposed to make the guest feel welcomed and attended to, basically. And, uh, that's it. The libido isn't the focus.

Mister_E

I enjoyed my time there, the food wasn't crazy expensive the service was kind and helpful.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Kaura117

it was the fact that...

Actually, on the note of butler cafes, have there been any demand for any? It might just be me, but I've seen what appears to be a greater parity in gender representation at anime cons- and my initial suspicion is that there has been requests for a butler cafe for the ladyfolks.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Kaura117 on May 28, 2008, 09:26:24 PM

it was the fact that...

Actually, on the note of butler cafes, have there been any demand for any? It might just be me, but I've seen what appears to be a greater parity in gender representation at anime cons- and my initial suspicion is that there has been requests for a butler cafe for the ladyfolks.

There has been a demand on a butler cafe, but at the moment, it'd be too difficult to run one properly as it's more complicated to do so than a maid cafe. Maid cafes already have a pretty intricate culture to them, but with butler cafes, it is very important to find adequate people to work in them, rather than just having them undergo rigorous training.

Though, if it is possible for us to do so, I'll discuss with Pyron what his opinion of how it should be done in terms of training, but at the moment, the circumstances don't grant the possibility of one happening any time soon. Maybe a spin-off cafe with guys, but not specifically a butler cafe persay.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kaura117

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 28, 2008, 09:38:18 PM
Quote from: Kaura117 on May 28, 2008, 09:26:24 PM

it was the fact that...

There has been a demand on a butler cafe, but at the moment, it'd be too difficult to run one properly as it's more complicated to do so than a maid cafe. Maid cafes already have a pretty intricate culture to them, but with butler cafes, it is very important to find adequate people to work in them, rather than just having them undergo rigorous training.

Though, if it is possible for us to do so, I'll discuss with Pyron what his opinion of how it should be done in terms of training, but at the moment, the circumstances don't grant the possibility of one happening any time soon. Maybe a spin-off cafe with guys, but not specifically a butler cafe persay.

Ah-hah. I figured as much. Thanks for answerin'.

swtluck

hello,

i'm one of the maids from the maid cafe. this was my first year to participate for the maid cafe. it was awkward at first, but i got used to it quickly. and i have to say i throughly enjoyed it especially interacting with other con-goers. it nice to meet and social with other con-goers that way.

i also heard it was super busy on saturday after i left around 2:30ish to 5... i'm truly sorry to hear that. due to that we were short handed. the girls were so happy  to see me when i came back onto shift to help.

i'm will be volunteering next time for the maid cafe. and i know there will be more improvements. and hopefully there weren't  be a major drops of volunteers the next time  around.

see you guys the next fanime.... and hopefully i will be your maid or something. and i will bring my paper stars... i'll make a stars for you out of paper. lol if i remember to bring them.
*Furi Kuri*

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: swtluck on May 28, 2008, 10:24:26 PM
hello,

i'm one of the maids from the maid cafe. this was my first year to participate for the maid cafe. it was awkward at first, but i got used to it quickly. and i have to say i throughly enjoyed it especially interacting with other con-goers. it nice to meet and social with other con-goers that way.

i also heard it was super busy on saturday after i left around 2:30ish to 5... i'm truly sorry to hear that. due to that we were short handed. the girls were so happy  to see me when i came back onto shift to help.

i'm will be volunteering next time for the maid cafe. and i know there will be more improvements. and hopefully there weren't  be a major drops of volunteers the next time  around.

see you guys the next fanime.... and hopefully i will be your maid or something. and i will bring my paper stars... i'll make a stars for you out of paper. lol if i remember to bring them.

Hello! I'm glad to hear that you had fun being a maid, this year. Hope you will have an even better time in the next. Expect to work a little harder, though! A lot of things were done at the last minute, but this will change this year. Thanks for all your hard work so far in helping our little cafe become a huge success.

FanimaidCafe.com

thelifeoftehparty

Hi hi! Another maid here~ (the one with the strip of pink hair, if anyone recalls). Anyway, this was my first year as a maid as well, and i had super fun. :D
Sorry i changed shifts on Sunday, i didn't even wake up until 11, and i got there at 12. Dx 

But anyways, i could tell that a lot of the patrons (or mine, at least) don't really know what a maid cafe is like... because none of them really wanted to talk with me or anything. ;__; It kind of made me feel unloved. 3: However most of my patrons were really nice though.... one group requested i teach them the Soulja boy and Hare Hare Yukai... and another wanted me to tell them jokes... Ahaha. But i'm looking forward to working again next year! 8Db

And i loved that Alice in Wonderland cosplay group as well. =w= I was happy i got to mix their tea. Teehee~!

*rei*

hello! another maid checkin in!

This year was my first year volunteering as a maid at the cafe. It was a great experience for me to have been able to meet other con goers through the cafe.

Quote from: thelifeoftehparty on May 29, 2008, 02:40:07 AM
But anyways, i could tell that a lot of the patrons (or mine, at least) don't really know what a maid cafe is like... because none of them really wanted to talk with me or anything.

I agree with thelifeoftehparty that I feel most of our patrons didnt know what to expect from a maid cafe. All of my patrons were very nice and I had enjoyed talking with them. I had a party of two who were from the press that didnt know anything about maid cafes, they had me explain the concept to them. From then on I really enjoyed interacting with them as they did with me. I was asked to make a paper crane for them (after finding out we lacked pencils or pens to draw with). In return one of the patrons made a paper plane for me. It was an enjoyable experience!

I am looking forward to helping again next year for longer hours. If I had known we had a shortage early in the morning I would have been available to help, but alas my shift started at 2pm. Till next year!  :)
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

swtluck

*rei*- hon,  did you get the email with the pics i send ya?  (b'_'b)

*Furi Kuri*

RoverRoy009

After speaking with our Maid Managers: Kegan and Courtney - yes improvments and new suggests are always good.

Line Control was not an issue compared to Reg lines or An Cafe.

We DO have to improve the orders/food placement. Kegan made up a good idea with service numbers (like a fast food restaurant) with receipt to make sure everyone got their items correctly and promptly. Kudo's to Kegan.

Yes. we were drastically understaffed this year. With the larger space it seemed like we didnt have enough maids and pockets of guest didnt get the attention they were looking for, but at least had a nice quiet place to enjoy their expensive meals.

Male servants/Maids have been joked or mentioned before, but again we didnt get any request from volunteers and we did have 1 butler but he didnt have an "servant training" to what would go along with the 'maid cafe' feel. Maybe Jun could look into it and if possible we'll add it to the event next year. Kudos to ZoupZoup.

Other than that overall a vast improvement, but due to the location and lack of staff it felt smaller and pleasantly "cozy" but we'll throw out more ideas in the efforts of making this a worthwhile event/cafe.

As for me, I'm also sorry for leaving early, but battling a line of 1500+ was quite a feat. I'll try to actually work LESS next year.
If you love An Cafe, you can learn to love other An Cafe Fans... Now LINE UP!

Sen

This was my first time at the Maid Cafe. Francesca was the maid for my party (because I asked her to  ;D). She did an excellent job and even lifted my friend's origami curse so that he can now fold origami. We later decorated our centerpiece with our folded pieces.

I definitely had a relaxing and fun time there. I felt refreshed before going back to my duties at con. I loved how we could leave whenever we wanted to since it wasn't too busy. I'm also trying to find the group picture that we took, but I can't remember who's camera it is on. Antonio, the head of reg, was there on a forced break and he thoroughly enjoyed it.  I think it's a lot more fun to have a large group of people with you.

The food left much to be desired, but that is not your fault. As a side note: I've seen the food prices for maid cafes in Tokyo and they're actually comparable. Weird.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07