Maid Cafe 2008 Feedback

Started by Jun-Watarase, May 26, 2008, 08:15:19 PM

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: swtluck on June 08, 2008, 10:58:42 PM
Quote from: lacus on June 08, 2008, 12:52:38 PM
I just saw this vid online..akihabara maid cafe

I think maybe we could show it during the next maid cafe training or promotion.
So the maids have some idea about how it is like in akihabara ^__________^

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cfrl_cosplaycafe_travel

I have some maid cafe pictures too..im going to post theme later..

yes, maid in akihabara. it about six episode long and its about  a woman named Saki, an ex-bar girl, tries to find a job to hide from a group of yakuza. She ends up getting a job at a Maid cafe called Meido no miyage (Maid's gift). She is the third maid to be joining the cafe. She was homeless and starts living in a 24-hour internet cafe.

i have it watched it all; very cute, a little odd at time, but its worth watching to see how it is at a maid cafe. i have it on my portable hard drive. i'll show it to you guys next time when we have are meeting next year if you guys didn't watch yet. ^^

No offense, but why are you referring to Maid in Akihabara? The video that she posted isn't.

But yeah, while that series was relatively entertaining, I find it to be poor material to be using when teaching a maid's duties. It does describe them well, but they can be interpreted in many ways-- and that isn't the safest way to be teaching a working procedure. It could be shown for entertainment, but not for information.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

PyronIkari

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on June 09, 2008, 01:49:09 AM

yes, maid in akihabara. it about six episode long and its about  a woman named Saki, an ex-bar girl, tries to find a job to hide from a group of yakuza. She ends up getting a job at a Maid cafe called Meido no miyage (Maid's gift). She is the third maid to be joining the cafe. She was homeless and starts living in a 24-hour internet cafe.

i have it watched it all; very cute, a little odd at time, but its worth watching to see how it is at a maid cafe. i have it on my portable hard drive. i'll show it to you guys next time when we have are meeting next year if you guys didn't watch yet. ^^

No offense, but why are you referring to Maid in Akihabara? The video that she posted isn't.

But yeah, while that series was relatively entertaining, I find it to be poor material to be using when teaching a maid's duties. It does describe them well, but they can be interpreted in many ways-- and that isn't the safest way to be teaching a working procedure. It could be shown for entertainment, but not for information.

One of the good things about Maid in Akihabara, is that it differentiates the idea of a "hostess" and a "maid". It shows that a maid although is supposed to be sexually appealing, they aren't supposed to act or be seen as sexual. Compared to a hostess who is basically using sexual appeal as the whole reason she's serving.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 09, 2008, 02:22:06 AM

One of the good things about Maid in Akihabara, is that it differentiates the idea of a "hostess" and a "maid". It shows that a maid although is supposed to be sexually appealing, they aren't supposed to act or be seen as sexual. Compared to a hostess who is basically using sexual appeal as the whole reason she's serving.

I've already had that in mind from the beginning of this project, but to those who are very new to the idea of maid cafes in general, I'm afraid of using material like this because of how widely they can be misinterpreted and judged differently from differences in interests and culture. It's hard for me to say this on the public forum, but while our volunteers are very willing to give the cafe their all, their interests may not be of that of moe/akiba-kei, find this sort of material intimidating and scare them off. Ha. Ha.

Yes, it does make the distinct differences between maid cafes and hostess bars... but I do refer to the differences in my lesson and stress how important the differences are. No need to even show Maid in Akihabara.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

swtluck

its a misunderstand. at first i thought she was talking about maid in akihabara. but i actually looked into the link after i posted the message.

*Furi Kuri*

swtluck

*Furi Kuri*

lacus

Quote from: swtluck on June 09, 2008, 05:04:25 PM
so sorry.

its okay dont worry about it!
[maid in akihabara] is the most famous video clips about maid cafe anyway.
i just finished the series...its really funny. although some of the parts are kinda ridiculous that make me sweat and laugh lol
and I like the ending too~~ =D

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: swtluck on June 09, 2008, 05:04:25 PM
so sorry.

Nah, nothing to be sorry about at all. It's good to see our volunteers doing their best to be helpful. I WILL show videos at next year's training, though. I intended to, this year, but we didn't have the equipment to do so. I might bring my laptop, most likely... if I can't get my hands on a TV set to connect to.

FanimaidCafe.com

yoshi

Hi all. I think that the maid cafe should actually be in a more enclosed area, such as a panel room. The reason for this is so that the environment can be better controlled. You could put stuff up on the walls, set up special lighting, and create a more exclusive environment. That's what the maid cafe needs most. Having the maid cafe (as in the last two years) in an open area just does not help create the right environment. No maid cafes in Japan are out in the open.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: yoshi on September 20, 2008, 12:47:19 AM
Hi all. I think that the maid cafe should actually be in a more enclosed area, such as a panel room. The reason for this is so that the environment can be better controlled. You could put stuff up on the walls, set up special lighting, and create a more exclusive environment. That's what the maid cafe needs most. Having the maid cafe (as in the last two years) in an open area just does not help create the right environment. No maid cafes in Japan are out in the open.

Thank you for the suggestion.

However, while I am fully aware of how a standard maid cafe's environment should be, some things are out of our control. Space assigned is dependent on the convention's circumstances, but perhaps we will try to suggest occupying a panel room the following year. The reason for the large space this year was due to the fact that the previous year had trafficking issues, and the obvious improvement was to expand the available space. I'm not entirely sure how space is managed, as I was not the organizer for this or the previous year.

I am also aware of how a maid cafe's decor should ideally be, however the organization that we work with to provide the space for us does not allow anything to be on the walls, and electrical equipment would also be beyond our control. I can't say that I'm satisfied with the conditions, myself, and I also do agree that they are inadequate-- however, I do believe FanimeCon is doing whatever they can to improve what they are able to control. The maid cafe is a very new project in FanimeCon, so I do not expect to be able to acquire every single detail as desired. We are taking the necessarily steps to gain the ability to portray an authentic maid cafe as closely as possible, I assure you. Sorry if the conditions aren't up to par as of yet, but as this project develops, I'm sure improvements will be made in the future to be up to standards.

- Maid trainer, Jun

FanimaidCafe.com

Meirin

I know this would offend many people, but my brother and his friends didn't think most of the girls were cute/pretty enough. Of course trying to expect Fanime's maid cafe to be on the level of one of Japan's is a bit foolish and I don't think we're in a position to pick and choose since they're all volunteers.

But yeah, just something to put out there. I'm sure there are a lot of guys like him that attend. (lol socialite azns) ;l
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Meirin on November 23, 2008, 12:18:38 PM
I know this would offend many people, but my brother and his friends didn't think most of the girls were cute/pretty enough. Of course trying to expect Fanime's maid cafe to be on the level of one of Japan's is a bit foolish and I don't think we're in a position to pick and choose since they're all volunteers.

But yeah, just something to put out there. I'm sure there are a lot of guys like him that attend. (lol socialite azns) ;l

I'll send you a PM.

FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

Quote from: Meirin on November 23, 2008, 12:18:38 PM

One of my friends said that too actually, weeeiird
vivian baby you should be a maid ;3

Meirin

lolol I'll sign up when I'm 18, so I don't need no parental signature. D;
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

Kazuko

Quote from: Meirin on November 23, 2008, 06:16:27 PM
Want me to be the guardian again X) ww it worked last time babyyyy

Jun-Watarase

Actually, I'm going to try to look into this year and see if it's actually necessary to get parental signatures for those over 16. I personally don't feel it's necessary to have forms if you're at a somewhat responsible age and already allowed to attend Fanime. If it isn't required, I'll announce so.

Quote from: Kazuko on November 23, 2008, 06:17:52 PM
Want me to be the guardian again X) ww it worked last time babyyyy

Kazuko, I don't feel it is very wise to admit to lying or planning lie to FanimeCon staff on their public forum.

FanimaidCafe.com

mowse

Quote from: thelifeoftehparty on May 29, 2008, 02:40:07 AM

And i loved that Alice in Wonderland cosplay group as well. =w= I was happy i got to mix their tea. Teehee~!

I was the Door Mouse of that group and I know this is like a million years late but you and the other maids were fantastic and we all loved you guys to death. Thanks for putting up with our shenanigans and we definitely intend to show up this coming Fanime. See you there. :)

I have a plan! Quick! Give me you pants!

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: mowse on February 22, 2009, 11:47:37 PM
Quote from: thelifeoftehparty on May 29, 2008, 02:40:07 AM

And i loved that Alice in Wonderland cosplay group as well. =w= I was happy i got to mix their tea. Teehee~!

I was the Door Mouse of that group and I know this is like a million years late but you and the other maids were fantastic and we all loved you guys to death. Thanks for putting up with our shenanigans and we definitely intend to show up this coming Fanime. See you there. :)

Thank you for your support! You will be glad to hear that we will be adding new features to our cafe, this coming Fanime. Be sure to check it out! We'll be glad to have you.

FanimaidCafe.com

PrincessCake

I plan on signing up for the maid cafe for 2010. I wanted to do it this year, but thing is I live all the way in Sacramento and I didn't have a very apporiate maid outfit. What would you suggest?
Cosplays for Fanime 2009
- Sei from Burst Angel
- Sailor Mars
- Yoruichi from Bleach
- Lolita
- Team Magma Grunt from Pokemon Hoenn Season
- Rave/Dance Outfit

TheMaKaKi

Hey Princess Cake,

I live in the Davis area, near Sacramento. If you need a ride to Fanime, we can probably work something out! However for the tryouts on March 28th, I cannot help with offering rides :(. If you can get to Amtrak and get to San Jose, then we can work something out so we can get to Fanime Tryouts. Good luck!

-Asura

Quote from: PrincessCake on April 27, 2009, 02:24:28 PM
I plan on signing up for the maid cafe for 2010. I wanted to do it this year, but thing is I live all the way in Sacramento and I didn't have a very apporiate maid outfit. What would you suggest?
donnaATfanime.com
speeddatingATfanime.com

2016, 2015, 2014: Speed Dating Head
2013: Speed Dating Co-Head
2012 : Speed Dating Second
2002 'till Present : Fan Attendee <33