Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2009!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 26, 2008, 08:21:42 PM

Tabbychan

I would love if Svetlana Chmakova, the writer for dramacon, could come to FanimeCon <3

PyronIkari

Quote from: Tabbychan on December 05, 2008, 05:41:17 PM
I would love if Svetlana Chmakova, the writer for dramacon, could come to FanimeCon <3

Hahahahahhaa...

so she can meet me, and I can piss her off and make her leave again? (reference story to what happened at the Megatokyo forums where she joined because someone was talking about her comic, and I pointed out how utterly unrealistic and bias'ed her story was. How sexist it is, and showed how she knows nothing of the culture she's writing about.)

Haruka

Would there be any chance of getting Naoko Takeuchi as a GOH for Fanime?  How likely is that?
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

FanFicGuru

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 05, 2008, 09:09:59 PM
Quote from: Tabbychan on December 05, 2008, 05:41:17 PM

Hahahahahhaa...

so she can meet me, and I can piss her off and make her leave again? (reference story to what happened at the Megatokyo forums where she joined because someone was talking about her comic, and I pointed out how utterly unrealistic and bias'ed her story was. How sexist it is, and showed how she knows nothing of the culture she's writing about.)

I suppose I'll have to check this "Dramacon" out now...
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

paragyaru

I think it'd be lovely to have Baby The Stars Shine Bright come (or if Novala Takemoto came as well). Considering Viz's connection to them as well as the fact that they're based in San Francisco, it'd be good promotion^_~

As for mangaka, I'd really like to meet Kazuya Minekura. I know she's busy with Wild Adapter again, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right? haha.

For an anime related guest, I'm requesting Michael Arias (Tekkon Kinkreet film adaptation).

For music, Capsule would be awesome, but I suppose they're a "dream list" request...I also think Se7en would be good (yes, I know he's Korean). Even though he's working on his US debut, it doesn't look like his management has been promoting him much, so I think it'd be a good idea to have him at Fanime. It'd also be nice if Karma Shenjing could come back. The last time I saw them was at JrockCon, as I was somehow uninformed about the concert last year T___T

Kazuko

Quote from: paragyaru on December 11, 2008, 06:39:34 PM
I think it'd be lovely to have Baby The Stars Shine Bright come (or if Novala Takemoto came as well). Considering Viz's connection to them as well as the fact that they're based in San Francisco, it'd be good promotion^_~
ehh I wouldnt say novala Takemoto (or should I say TOKEmoto) will be doing a US debut again sometime soon after his release from prison for having/using marijuana, since then Baby has pulled every collab they did with him saying "we had nothing to do with this lol" so hes trying to rebuild his reputation again.

I would love for baby to come to Fanimecon since they are opening either this winter or spring in SF where that super awesome Jpop center depending if they get a full staff and that store manager ready. They along Angelic Pretty's Maki and Asuka have been very welcomed to the US and in the So-cal Part of the reason we should totaly have them up in Norcal as well. MaruiOne would be amazing even if they were just a dealer they have been a good dealer to j-fashions

as for Se7en his debut has been pretty small, my friend met him last year at a verizon event in the bay area like some asian artist there isnt alot of big promo/hype so its basically you have to look at the offical website

paragyaru

ehh I wouldnt say novala Takemoto (or should I say TOKEmoto) will be doing a US debut again sometime soon after his release from prison for having/using marijuana, since then Baby has pulled every collab they did with him saying "we had nothing to do with this lol" so hes trying to rebuild his reputation again.

Yeah, I heard about that when it happened, but about a month ago I was flipping through a Gothic Lolita Bible, and saw a BTTSB ad with him in it. I don't remember whether or not it was an English or Japanese version, but I'm pretty sure it was recent, so it got my hopes up, hehe. If it was recent like I thought it was, then it was probably just a reprint in an English version from one of the original/older bibles. I guess there's always waiting until after he's served his prison sentence, haha.

As for Se7en, I heard about the single release party this weekend, so hopefully it won't be so low key anymore, because his management & label seems reluctant to make it official yet...They recently shot the "Girls" video with Lil' Kim, so maybe by the end of the month they'll give us some actual dates for the single >__<  I don't know how well BoA's thing in the US is going to pan out, but it at least looks like SM has a better idea than YG of how to market here ;__;

Kazuko

Quote from: paragyaru on December 12, 2008, 12:47:50 AM

Yeah, I heard about that when it happened, but about a month ago I was flipping through a Gothic Lolita Bible, and saw a BTTSB ad with him in it. I don't remember whether or not it was an English or Japanese version, but I'm pretty sure it was recent, so it got my hopes up, hehe. If it was recent like I thought it was, then it was probably just a reprint in an English version from one of the original/older bibles. I guess there's always waiting until after he's served his prison sentence, haha.

As for Se7en, I heard about the single release party this weekend, so hopefully it won't be so low key anymore, because his management & label seems reluctant to make it official yet...They recently shot the "Girls" video with Lil' Kim, so maybe by the end of the month they'll give us some actual dates for the single >__<  I don't know how well BoA's thing in the US is going to pan out, but it at least looks like SM has a better idea than YG of how to market here ;__;

Actually alot of the english version of the lolita bibles have some of the older stuff in it. So yeah Novala is out of jail but he is still writing and such for the lolita bibles in japan its just not so huge like it used to be, I still love how he wrote shimotsuma story and I hope he gets more of his books translated sometime soon.

Haha Se7en shot a video with lil' Kim? I have to see that but it would be nice to see Rain here since he did a few lives here in the US and did a colab with Omarion I think *O* especially being an inspiration the guy has a protoge in the works. He has been in movies like Speed Racer, You got served and Im a cyborg but thats okay. He has done bomb ass collabs with Diddy and Jojo as well. Hes rising to fame in the US and I probally would die seeing him live x) hes like my top favorite Korean Artist

BoA is a bit of a common name to anime fans because her song every heart was on Inuyasha, I like how shes tri lingual so having her would be a fun time though Im guessing lines and such will be like AN Cafe's =3=

Nina Star 9

I also vote to bring out loli brands! >:O

I wouldn't want BoA out. She's too big. Fanimecon last year seemed more like AnCafecon. The mass amounts of fangirls and the huge crowds and lines and the obession over them all weekend was just too much. I'm glad that Fanime can get someone like that out, but I really don't like it. I prefer smaller guests.

That said, I still wouldn't mind JiLL-Decoy association or paris match as a musical guest. ;P Guitar Vader (and hopefuly they can actually come to the con this time!) would also be good.

slifertheskydragon

I vote for Dan Green.(yami yugi and a lot of other things) I have the company contact info...

that or guys who worked on the boondocks/avatar

Dragon Ninja

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

sushicow

Music:
FreeTEMPO?
I-Dep?
Makai?
Studio Apartment?
Daishi Dance?
Jazztronik?
YMCK?
Arroyo High School Anime Club Officer:
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

kona_kona

Wendee Lee
i need her for Haruhi and Konata ;D

is Lolita-Kisama still gonna be there?

petit ningyou

Hodge Bodge

100% glomp friendly, Bring on the pain!  :X

obliviousedward

In a perfect world: Scott McNeil. <3  (And, wishingly, some of the other voice actors from Gundam Wing.)

...But this is only my personal daydream. XD
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Kaiami

I also vote for Baby the Stars Shine Bright. And Angelic Pretty's Maki and Asuka!  ;D

I really want to meet Mori Chack (the Gloomy Bear guy)!
And w-inds too

blkriku

I and many other people who I talked to would love to see Steven Blum, FLOW, and Eiichiro Oda, espicially Eiichiro Oda

Meirin

For music, Capsule would be awesome, but I suppose they're a "dream list" request.

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
GUEST DJs omg I'd have a fit.

Perfume, too. Even if that's also unrealistic. <___<
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

sushicow

Quote from: Meirin on January 06, 2009, 10:17:46 PM
For music, Capsule would be awesome, but I suppose they're a "dream list" request.

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
GUEST DJs omg I'd have a fit.

Perfume, too. Even if that's also unrealistic. <___<
I second those ideas ;D
Arroyo High School Anime Club Officer:
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08