Started by the otaku god, May 26, 2008, 08:48:37 PM

abcbadcat

What about just stupid mindless fun?

Like YouTube Poop?

I loved watching YuGiOh the abridged series

are you gonna be showing that again?

the otaku god

Hi everybody,
Keep posting opinions and ideas I'm reading them, I'm hearing your complaints. This year is going to be another blast with better results. Were still trying press out the wrinkles from last con, fixing the hiccups from the mini macs.
With that said great ready for an awesome screenings with some big surprises. Also to thoughts who say we just show the same boring stuff or no new screenings. What room are you in????? We are and still the standered in con business for video programming showing you anime that has either never been screened or soon to be shown on a TV near you. One of these days I'll post all our screening we have had all threw our con since the foothill days. 
So keep posting I'm reading everything concerning anime video programming. I love you all my fellow otaku.
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

heeroyuy135

LordKefka

Tokyo Marble Chocolate - A very nice Production I.G. film
Lucky Star OVA - Oh come on... how can this NOT be shown =P
Majokko Tsukune-chan - Yeah... nuff said.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

motorex259

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: abcbadcat on October 27, 2008, 01:18:02 PM
What about just stupid mindless fun?

Like YouTube Poop?

I loved watching YuGiOh the abridged series

are you gonna be showing that again?

There is also Berserk TBS as well, that we should show for 2009, esp since theotakugod loves
Berserk!

http://www.youtube.com/user/hbi2k

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on October 28, 2008, 11:15:37 PM
I would love to see some Hi-Def anime :)

me too only problem with that is that you would need a high def tv screen and player... which means alot of setup and money. i mean, whose going to leave their plasma screentv and high def player in a video room where anything can happen? (thats over 2000 dollars worth of stuff)

are there any anime in high def cept maybe teeknoket or that one movie...can't spell
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on November 25, 2008, 12:49:32 PM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on October 28, 2008, 11:15:37 PM
I would love to see some Hi-Def anime :)

me too only problem with that is that you would need a high def tv screen and player... which means alot of setup and money. i mean, whose going to leave their plasma screentv and high def player in a video room where anything can happen? (thats over 2000 dollars worth of stuff)

are there any anime in high def cept maybe teeknoket or that one movie...can't spell

There are HD projectors that can be rented... and yeah there are HD anime out there.

the otaku god

i just want to say happy thanksgiving to all of you! and yes we are looking at getting hd stuff but as you know 1 its new tech. and 2 its cost a lot of money. cross your fingers! love you all.
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

Ryumon Hozukimaru

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Otaku God and to everybody else. I really liked seeing movies like Sukiyaki Western Django.I would like to see maybe a strange clip show of weird japanese movies late at night. A lot of Takashi Miike's movies would really work. That would be interesting.

I think that a newer, better abridge series needs to be shown. Team FourStar's DBZ abridge on youtube is (in my opinion) better than Yugioh abridged. It also has almost all of the best abridgers working on it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFourStar?ob=1
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Gin Rummy

Avairrianna

I'd like to see The idiot's of Gary's Mod 1 and 2 in one of the video room ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

zemric

2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

lyricaldanichan

That is Sony property, tho it might not be possible to show it. Hopefully we can pull some strings and get permission to. That would be awesome to see on the bigger rooms/projectors.

Quote from: zemric on December 12, 2008, 11:56:22 PM
RESIDENT EVIL DEGRADATION!!!

questionette

I would like to see more anime about fashion shows and hot models please. :D

the otaku god

Happy new year everyone. its now 2009 and that means 5 months away from another epic year for video programming. im am listening to your ideas and trying to squeez them in to this year awsome schedule. i hear you guys would love to see vgm (video game movies) and i am down after last years big hit with cowboy bebop vgm from andrew. i am down with the idea but it should be limited to 2 hrs max. also im looking to screen something i saw at another con called i think " dead fantascy tales" or something close to that. if someone knows the real name of it and were i can get copys of them that would be awsome.

also you will see some info is up on line but not all you still have:
AMV'S that should have been in the AnimeMusicVideos.org top 100 videos
-FanimeCon Short Film Showcase-

then ..........

Late Night

-Anime Anarchy-

The Best of the Angry Video Game Nerd

-Hentai Nights- 18 and older only id required

-Midnight Madness-

and of course anime titles, discriptions, links, pics and now trailers!

with all this said we are looking in to hd projectors too (more info when later), new room set up (all video rooms in the convention center) better computer set up,  and of course anime that you have not nor ever see out side fanimecon (unless it gets picked up). i can't wait for this con to come!

Kyra_Maverick

The biggest problem I had with the video rooms was with the volunteers either falling asleep or leaving the room. My best example was the showing of the Animal Crossing Movie. I really enjoyed the movie, but it was broken down in 4 different files, so every 15 minutes or so the subtitles would cut out and have to be turned on again. Not a problem except the volunteer running the projection had left. It was up to a fellow fan who had come to watch the movie to turn the subtitles back on.

lyricaldanichan

[facepalm]

We ran into a lot of technical difficulties because of the 10million formats used
for subs. We have found a good solution and it will be streamlined so things like
this do not happen.

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on January 02, 2009, 11:17:18 PM
The biggest problem I had with the video rooms was with the volunteers either falling asleep or leaving the room. My best example was the showing of the Animal Crossing Movie. I really enjoyed the movie, but it was broken down in 4 different files, so every 15 minutes or so the subtitles would cut out and have to be turned on again. Not a problem except the volunteer running the projection had left. It was up to a fellow fan who had come to watch the movie to turn the subtitles back on.

jrebeccalong

Quote from: rude32 on September 06, 2008, 11:45:34 PM
moar redeath viewings please.

PLEASE have redeath! It's not fanime without.

Also, I can't say show Toradora fast enough.

Dorimon

Line-cutting (a chronic problem >:(), clean rest rooms (dear lord please :'(), more food stands inside (like Lollicup  ;)) & better air conditioning (to prevent our futotta brothers & sisters of the con from fainting due to heat stroke ::))...

sushicow

We should so show Astro Fighter Sunred :D
Awesome and short :D
Arroyo High School Anime Club Officer:
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07