OK, I lied... one more update:LIST OF BADGES FOR THURSDAYhttp://www.anime-online.com/fanime-swapmeet/thursday.php
This list tells you if I will have your badge or not. Enjoy <3SELLER FORM
All sellers need to fill this out! Thanks http://anime-online.com/fanime-swapmeet/2011SwapMeetForm.pdfSWAP MEET SPACE MAP
As you can see, we were able to squeeze in 124 spaces, so some of you waiting list people are in luck. The rest of the room will be filled with Gaming stuff, so it's not empty like it looks on the map
We did make sure to put a "gap" between those two front rows this year, there will be a 10ft space, so people can walk down the middle of the "aisle".
OK, and with this, I am officially going *computer e-mail phone silent*. I've got a lot of stuff to do pre-convention!
I'm not sure where we are going to put the lines yet, but you can see the door you are going to be going into with this map. By 5pm on Thursday we will have it set up, which is why no one should get in line before 5pm!
See you all there!BADGE INFORMATION UPDATED***** NEW INFORMATION *****
To answer a few of common questions:
1. If you are the Group Leader: yes, I will have your *entire* group's badges.
2. You only need to have *one* badge to be able to sell and that badge needs to be the main person on the Swap Meet List. I don't need whomever your second person is to have a badge (though it is suggested), but they do need to check in at the Swap Meet desk with us if they are going to be selling in your space - they will get a hand stamp if they do not have a badge.
3. Panel people: apparently you received a card from the head of Panels that allows you to pick up a badge on Friday only. That's the card I need you to bring when you check in. If you don't know what I'm talking about: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to find out about your Panel Card or if you even qualify for one.
4. I *cannot* pull anyone else's badges but the people who were on the list
. Please don't ask me to do so, no matter what your special circumstance is. This was a *huge* favor done on our behalf by Registration. We may change the way it works next year, since this was so last minute, but if we want to make Registration willing to do this in the future... we need to make it an easy process for them. They agreed to pull the Swap Meet Reg & Waitlist badges for Thursday only, and they are pulling the exact names plus the associated group members if that person is a group leader. Everyone else will need to wait in the normal registration line. Thank you for understanding.**********************************************
Badges are REQUIRED for all sellers on both Thursday and Friday. We strongly suggest pre-registering for the convention if you plan to participate
.Now the good news! Thursday evening sellers AND waiting list participants will be able to get their badges when they check in for Swap Meet at the Swap Meet Registration Desk in Exhibit Hall 3!!!!This is only for Thursday sellers
. Please note: we will only have FanimeCon Badges on Thursday for those individuals we have as the primary contact
on the Swap Meet Registration List
and who pre-registered.
You DO NOT need to wait in the FanimeCon Registration line, you will be able to wait in the Swap Meet Registration line instead and get your badge when you check in for Swap Meet. Again, this is *only* for Thursday and *only* for those who pre-registered. However, if you registerd as a Group, we will not have your badge unless you are the Group Leader
. If you have a Panel Discount and won't get your badge until Friday, please bring your Panel Card
to us instead of a badge. We will NOT be selling new badges
, this is only for pre-registration. Everyone else will need to take care of getting their own badges in the normal FanimeCon Registration line.If you no longer want to participate in Swap Meet and don't want us pulling your badge, please e-mail me now to cancel! email@example.com.
If you don't show up for Swap Meet, we will return all remaining badges back to FanimeCon Registration @ 9:00pm and you will need to wait in the normal FanimeCon Registration line the next day to get your badge.
Hopefully this news makes happy campers for all involved.
Thanks for your patience, and thanks to Registration for the extra effort involved to make this happen.REGISTRATION CLOSED -- FINAL LIST HERERULES POSTED!Registration has been moved to open on March 15!
This is due to server upgrades, etc. Please see exact time and other information below. Thank you for your patience.
1. Registration should open on March 15 @ 11:59pm
. The link will be posted in this thread and on the web site. However, I have a toddler and if an emergency comes up, this date may get pushed back a couple of weeks. Check this thread for info.
2. The Rules are here! Know them, etc.
3. Rules are *RADICALLY* different this year due to a bunch of people doing inappropriate and in some cases illegal things last year. We had to put the big stompy foot down and we are changing the guidelines. Be prepared to read the rules thoroughly and understand them, because we are going to boot people this year for breaking the rules and the rules will be strictly enforced.
4. Swap Meet will be held from 8pm - 1am on Thursday May 26 and Friday May 27.
5. All registration (even waiting list!) is pre-registration Online. If you do not pre-register, you *will not* get in. Period. So plan on registering online once it opens.
6. If you plan to participate GET THERE EARLY to get your badge. We are *NOT* letting you in without a badge this year. Your badge will be marked with a participation sticker for each day. You must have *ALL* your items ready-to-go when you check in at the Swap Meet desk. There are no in-and-out privileges (with boxes - you can send someone out for food that's ok); you must have everything with you period (no going to your car, hotel room, dealer's room, etc.).
7. You will also need your signed contract, and a Government-issued Photo ID showing you are over 18.
8. DO NOT plan on lining up before 5:00pm
We will be *dispersing* the line if you get there before 5:00pm.
9. When you register *online*, you will get a number for each day (example: 19). We will have "Southwest Style" grouping areas in the line outside (1-20, 21-40, 41-60, etc.). If you are #19, you would get into group 1-20. You will be served according to your number. So, #1 is first, then #2, etc. There will be signs posted outside of Exhibit Hall 3 with your Last Name and your Registration number, in case you forgot what it is.
10. Waiting list people will be served according to where they are in the waiting list line (not based on a number). So, first-come first-served. Waiting List line will also start at 5:00pm, do not line up before that.
The full list of Rules & Guidelines is coming, but this should answer basic questions.
Feel free to ask more questions in this thread, but I won't be answering much until after the Rules are posted because most of the answers will be in that document.
Swap Meet (and Masquerade) Head