and on a side note, to the person/s in charge of the hotels, i gave a call to the marriot today to make sure they got my requests and they said that no reservation popped up under my name. should i wait awhile? contact you guys? or what should my plan of action be from here?
Please and Thanks!!!
That's quite common! The best way to explain it is that Fanime Housing (or the company that operates their housing system, technically) manages the reservations based on the information provided by the hotels about how many rooms are blocked and what type they are. They keep the information, independent of the hotel, until 4/27, the cancellation deadline. After that date, they make the last minute adjustments and finalizations, and then send a sort of roster each of the participating hotels, who then manage everything from that point forward.
So it's not that the rooms or reservation do not -exist-, it's just that someone else is in charge of it for now, and the hotel won't be involved until after the cancellation date. Not bad. Just different
My suggestion for your dilemma would be to call the Fanime Housing folks and get that notated on your information with them (as they may actually have note fields), then followup in May to be sure the information transfers. That's what I'm going to do to get my low floor/near the stairs request