Fanimecon Report 2008

Started by LordKefka, May 28, 2008, 10:13:48 PM

LordKefka

Well, I hope you all had as much as I did this year. Anyways, read at your own leisure. I hope to see more people next year!

http://www.animesou.com/?p=877

ps. Some of the panels I didn't mention but I'll say it here and now, good job. Failure or not, hit or miss, next year will be even better.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jun-Watarase

Great review, but it seems a bit lacking. There was a lot more to offer this year, but next year, maybe a more in-depth observation would be better. From what I've read, it seems a bit general and about the amount of the con the average wanderer would see. Nonetheless, it's been a wonderful year and I'm hoping the other attendees have noticed all the great changes as well. Thanks for writing a good review for the maid cafe, this year. I actually had games out for the maids to use, but didn't have enough time to teach and go over all the rules. Simple games were done, like jankenpon and charades. Next year, we'll be bringing more things to offer, so expect an awesome Fanime 2009.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 28, 2008, 10:27:48 PM
Great review, but it seems a bit lacking. There was a lot more to offer this year, but next year, maybe a more in-depth observation would be better. From what I've read, it seems a bit general and about the amount of the con the average wanderer would see. Nonetheless, it's been a wonderful year and I'm hoping the other attendees have noticed all the great changes as well. Thanks for writing a good review for the maid cafe, this year. I actually had games out for the maids to use, but didn't have enough time to teach and go over all the rules. Simple games were done, like jankenpon and charades. Next year, we'll be bringing more things to offer, so expect an awesome Fanime 2009.

Thanks. And yeah I know and I apologize as I had intended to get some interviews with some of the guests of honor and participate in some of the events myself. I will for sure take an more in-depth coverage next year. Again, great job everyone. I hope this will motivate more people to attend had they not received the chance to do so already.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: LordKefka on May 28, 2008, 10:33:23 PM

Yeah I know and I apologize as I had intended to get some interviews with some of the guests of honor and participate in some of the events myself. I will for sure take an more in-depth coverage next year. Again, great job everyone. I hope this will motivate more people to attend had they not received the chance to do so already.

Actually, Fanime had increased over 20% in terms of pre-registering attendees this year, and many more that had registered at the door. Due to the success of this year's Fanime, I expect it'll be even better the next year. We were able to get both Antique Cafe and over 40 guests from Gainax, many of which involved in project Gurren Lagann, attracted many new attendees from all over the country, Japan, and more. o/

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 28, 2008, 10:35:42 PM

Yeah I know and I apologize as I had intended to get some interviews with some of the guests of honor and participate in some of the events myself. I will for sure take an more in-depth coverage next year. Again, great job everyone. I hope this will motivate more people to attend had they not received the chance to do so already.

Actually, Fanime had increased over 20% in terms of pre-registering attendees this year, and many more that had registered at the door. Due to the success of this year's Fanime, I expect it'll be even better the next year. We were able to get both Antique Cafe and over 40 guests from Gainax, many of which involved in project Gurren Lagann, attracted many new attendees from all over the country, Japan, and more. o/

Yeah that's for sure.Wikipedia had it at 12,000 attendee, but I had asked one of the people at reg and was told it was around 10,400 last year and 12,000+ or around that this year. This was indeed too awesome of a Fanime. But yeah on a side note, definitely take up that little gaming idea for the maid cafe next year =P.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: LordKefka on May 28, 2008, 10:39:10 PM

Yeah that's for sure.Wikipedia had it at 12,000 attendee, but I had asked one of the people at reg and was told it was around 10,400 last year and 12,000+ or around that this year. This was indeed too awesome of a Fanime. But yeah, definitely take up that gaming idea for the maid cafe next year =P

We did have games, but there will be a larger variety next year. What was available this year was...

Jenga
Magnetic Fishing
Cup balancing
Daruma Otoshi
Origami
Personal Sketches
Jan-ken-pon

... but a lot of it ended up being unavailable, because of the lack of time to train maids to use them. We'll definitely work on this next year, to create an even more fun and personal experience for our patrons. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to post on the feedback thread. I'll be happy to use your ideas to improve the maid cafe. =)

FanimaidCafe.com

LordKefka

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 28, 2008, 10:41:46 PM
Quote from: LordKefka on May 28, 2008, 10:39:10 PM

Yeah that's for sure.Wikipedia had it at 12,000 attendee, but I had asked one of the people at reg and was told it was around 10,400 last year and 12,000+ or around that this year. This was indeed too awesome of a Fanime. But yeah, definitely take up that gaming idea for the maid cafe next year =P

We did have games, but there will be a larger variety next year. What was available this year was...

Jenga
Magnetic Fishing
Cup balancing
Daruma Otoshi
Origami
Personal Sketches
Jan-ken-pon

... but a lot of it ended up being unavailable, because of the lack of time to train maids to use them. We'll definitely work on this next year, to create an even more fun and personal experience for our patrons. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to post on the feedback thread. I'll be happy to use your ideas to improve the maid cafe. =)

Hah, will do. Maybe I'll think about it a bit before posting some random crap =D
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor