Calling All Cosplayers_FanimeCon 2009 (Updated: 01/27/09)

Started by MidnightRosebud, May 29, 2008, 01:18:32 AM

Who's Side Will You Be On?

Gals
23 (44.2%)
Guys
20 (38.5%)
Undecided
6 (11.5%)
Not Playing...V.V...
3 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

MidnightRosebud

Update as of 27th of January, 2009 : Collection Station location for the Start/Finish has been found, and thanks to BSaphire this game has been officially recognized as a Cosplay Event! \^o^/

Catch the Barrel-Catch that Prize

This new version of "Catch the Barrel" is open to all and anyone who cosplays, but your object-to-find depends on your character's gender not yours.
You can be an original character or one from any manga/anime, but you must be dressed in cosplay!

Date: Saturday, May 23rd, 2009
Time: 12 Noon - 4pm

If Your Character is a Gal  :-*
Your object to find: Pink Rectangular Box with Black Straps (actually a rectangular bag, but will be called "Box" to avoid confusion) [Dimensions: 11" by 8" & 3" deep]

Rules:

1)   When you see someone holding the Box, Challenge that person to one game of rock/paper/scissors. Winner keeps the Box until they lose a Challenge.

2)   If you lose a Challenge, you must wait ten minutes until you may Challenge again.

3)   If you win a Challenge write your cosplay and badge number somewhere on the outside of the Box. Every win that follows---put a tally mark next to your name.
      ex: 00510---Yadomaru Lisa  III

4)   The person who hand delivers the Box to us (your proctors) at the Cosplay Gathering's Table (First Floor of the Convention Center) at 4:00pm sharp will win the special delivery prize.

If Your Character is a Guy  8)
Your Object to Find: Green Sportsbag with Blue Straps [Dimensions: 13" in length & 6" in diameter]

Rules:

1)   When you see someone holding the Bag, Challenge that person to one game of rock/paper/scissors. Winner keeps the Bag until they lose a Challenge.

2)   If you lose a Challenge, you must wait ten minutes until you may Challenge again.

3)   If you win a Challenge write your cosplay and badge name somewhere on the outside of the Bag. Every win that follows---put a tally mark next to your name.
      ex: 00214---Uchiha Itachi  III

4)   The person who hand delivers the Bag to us (your proctors) at the Cosplay Gathering's Table (First Floor of the Convention Center) at 4:00pm sharp will win the special delivery prize.

In addition to getting your own target (if you wish to participate), it's time to prove once and for all whom is better, Gals or Guys :o         

Rules:

1)           If you see a member of the opposing team carrying their target you may Challenge for it.

2)           DO NOT take it from your own side, you are working as a team on this one.

3)           If you win the Challenge put a tally mark under "Opposing Team Captures." DO NOT put your name.

4)           If you see a member of the opposite team carrying your prize, Challenge them to get it back and defend your side's honor!

At EndGame:
The Team with the most captures shall prove who reigns at FanimeCon 2009!  ;)

NOTE: You must carry the Box or Bag so that it and its sign are visible at all times. You may NOT conceal or disguise the Box or Bag in any way. EXCEPT the last hour of the game, save for altering its shape in any way, so that you can sneak it right up to us (your proctors). The first person to get the Box or Bag within line-of-sight of us (the proctors) wins the special delivery prize. You may not challenge for either after that. The person with the most tallies wins the game.

FAIR WARNING: Fanime may be taking pictures during this Cosplay Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed. Also, the Gathering's table ask that you do not leave any personal items at their table(s) while playing this game. Please leave your things in your hotel room, in another safe location, or keep them on you. Neither they, nor us, will be responsible for lost or missing items.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: DO NOT wrestle, play-fight, chase each other or cause a disturbance in the convention. DO NOT Challenge other players inside showings, panels or other events. KEEP THE BOX and BAG IN THE HALLS: if you want to attend a showing or panel or leave the convention for awhile, give the Box or Bag to another player before you do. If you have trouble getting rid of either item, or don't want to keep it, drop it off at the Collection Station (Cosplay Gathering's Table, located on the First Floor of the Convention Center). DO NOT OPEN THE BOX or BAG! DO NOT CHEAT!! DO NOT take the Box or Bag away and hide it. DO NOT pass it back and forth among a small team of friends without letting anyone else have a turn.

I believe that just about covers it all, so until May, be safe, have fun, and we hope to see you on Saturday dodging cosplayers and/or searching for the Box and/or Bag.
(-^____^-) (V)    ~Your Proctors
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

hellangel

Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

heeroyuy135

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: hellangel on May 29, 2008, 01:51:27 AM
this is sorta amazing o__o
It was fun last year, with Naruto vs Bleach, but we felt it was too limited. Too many friends had to stand aside and just watch, so we are trying to include most everyone. Cosplays are a must however! ^__^
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 29, 2008, 01:53:01 AM
I smell potental epicness.

Ooooh. I really hope so. We're getting excited for it already. >.<

Cosplay 2010

fanime_lo-ve

awe~ another year to plan prizes. I can feel the glowing energy of youth already. d(*o*)b YOSH!
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

JiiiWiz

I am definately joining this event! XD Seems really interesting ^.^
"Please don't.."

anime2yasha

Omgosh, this sounds kinda confusing, but also fun! x3 I think you can count me in for this one next year! <3

Chibblz

SOUNDS AWESOME! xD

I wanna play next year. =D

billgoku

Sounds awesome, I'll play when 09 comes around. Piccolo will be amused. xD
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

MidnightRosebud

-ecstatic- I'm glad you guys (and gals) want to play! We're going to work hard to make it run smoothly!!

@ anime2yasha
What are you confused about? I will gladly explain to clear up confusion. =^__^=

Cosplay 2010

anime2yasha

Okay, so.. say I'm a female anime character. I spot a female holding a make-up box, I'm NOT allowed to challenge her.. correct? I'm only allowed to challenge.. guys holding make-up boxes and sports bags? And uhm.. Rule 3? Maybe it's just the way it's worded, but I don't really understand. XD Wait.. there's two sets of rules..? e_e; Okay.. still confused..

fanime_lo-ve

woot! seems like this will be a bigger turn out then 2008. We all do our best to make sure things run as smooth as possible. =3
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

I'm down for it, count me in, YAHOO!
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

MidnightRosebud

@ anime2yasha

I re-wrote the Rules of the Game so that they are more clear. If you are still confused. Please let me know, I want to be sure that this game is easy for everyone to understand beyond a shadow of a doubt! >.<

Cosplay 2010

anime2yasha

Oh la la, I understand! Je comprende! x3 Thank you for making the rules more clear. (Even if I didn't understand, I would've played anyways. xD) Thank you, MidnightRosebud! Expect to see me playing at Fanime '09. ;3

ToshiX

"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Kiyohime

Sounds awesome!!  I'll totally join in. X]

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: anime2yasha on May 30, 2008, 05:51:29 PM
Oh la la, I understand! Je comprende! x3 Thank you for making the rules more clear. (Even if I didn't understand, I would've played anyways. xD) Thank you, MidnightRosebud! Expect to see me playing at Fanime '09. ;3
\^o^/ Yay! I'm glad!

@ ToshiX
We're discussing it, but most likely it will be on Saturday again and for the same length of time. It seemed to work out really well because people could come and go as they pleased. Or forget about it until their target ran by.  ;)

@Kiyohime

Sweet! We look forward to seeing you there!  :)

Cosplay 2010

fanime_lo-ve

yea! even more people joining. =) I'm happy!
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus