San Jose Obon Festival 2008

Started by RyuHayabusa, May 29, 2008, 02:30:40 AM

RyuHayabusa

Heyas people. I know Fanime is over, but in 2 months, San Jose's Japantown is doing Obon 2008 so I was wondering, who wants to go and hang out for a bit?

Start Time:   
Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 12:00am
End Time:   
Sunday, July 13, 2008 at 8:00pm
Street:   
640 North Fifth St
City/Town:   
San Jose, CA

I'll be there so it would be cool if some forum members came to it as well. Might as well have something to do since no one of us is going to AX the weekend beforehand. :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

billgoku

I'll see about showing up. Its not that far from where I live, and it'll be quite easy to get there.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

JenniMeow

It's a bit of a drive for me (I live in San Leandro which is between Hayward/Oakland for those who know), but I might show up one of the days.  Let's meet up somewhere!  I hope I don't get lost on the way there  :(
rawr?

Kazuko

I would so show up in my yukata and shit

but its tooo faaar

shortpachoo

Possible for me as long as its not on a Sunday

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Stormfalcon

Whereas for me, I'll be going on Sunday anyway (boo to working Saturdays).
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

~~Loktera~~

I'll show up for a Sunday, maybe even Saturday, should I have it off. Depends though.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

edendreams

COOL! My friends live walking distance from there! I'll have to tell them

a little art by me ^-^

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: JenniMeow on May 29, 2008, 07:41:48 PM
It's a bit of a drive for me (I live in San Leandro which is between Hayward/Oakland for those who know), but I might show up one of the days.  Let's meet up somewhere!  I hope I don't get lost on the way there  :(

I live in Hayward, so I don't mind the carpooling from here to down there, if it comes down to it. I'll probably show up both days and what not. :3

ced1106

I should do this. I live in Palo Alto, so anyone north could meet at my place, grab a bite to eat, then we'll carpool to San Jose. I can make Sunday, July 13th.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

mDuo13

Obon festival was good times last couple years. I'll probably drop in again, probably Sunday.

Kaura117

Easy access for me. I'll show up, if all goes well.

Hirotona

I imagine I should be able to manage to make it, hopefully with a friend or two in tow. I just was talking to a friend about it today and she said it was really good so I'll defientely keep it in mind.

XD as for AX I'm certainly attending that.

JenniMeow

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on May 29, 2008, 10:53:27 PM

I live in Hayward, so I don't mind the carpooling from here to down there, if it comes down to it. I'll probably show up both days and what not. :3

At least you have people in the car to help you not get lost O_O!  Once I pass the Stevensons Exit to the Westfield mall in Santa Clara, I might as well be lost in the middle of a forest XP.
rawr?

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: JenniMeow on May 30, 2008, 10:47:58 PM
Quote from: RyuHayabusa on May 29, 2008, 10:53:27 PM
[/quot

At least you have people in the car to help you not get lost O_O!  Once I pass the Stevensons Exit to the Westfield mall in Santa Clara, I might as well be lost in the middle of a forest XP.

*chuckles* ah. well, PM me if you need a ride or something. I don't mind giving you a ride and stuff :3

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

I live all the way out in Hayward, but if I can find a way to get there, I'm there.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Dan_Hibiki on May 31, 2008, 03:29:54 AM
I live all the way out in Hayward, but if I can find a way to get there, I'm there.

I live in Hayward as well. Near Mission Blvd and Industrial Pkw. Once again, If people needs rides from here to down there from this area, I don't mind giving them. :3

NerdyBirdAsh

Ooh!
I'm...99% sure I'll pop up one or both of the days.
:'D
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

EdOfNoName

I'll probably go Saturday night after the No-Name Anime meeting. Maybe arrive around 6:30, grab dinner and watch the Obon Odori at 7:45.