Soul Eater Gathering 2009

Started by fanime_lo-ve, May 29, 2008, 09:18:38 AM

Are you planning to cosplay for Fanime 09?

yes.
58 (89.2%)
No.
0 (0%)
perhaps??
7 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Hirotona

Oh haha I want to do this. Me and my friend planned on cosplaying Soul Eater anyway, it's one of our favorite mangas.

I'd be Stein and she'd be doing Chrona : D

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Hirotona on May 30, 2008, 05:06:43 PM
Oh haha I want to do this. Me and my friend planned on cosplaying Soul Eater anyway, it's one of our favorite mangas.

I'd be Stein and she'd be doing Chrona : D

Omgosh! Dr.Stein?! Really? XDD
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Hirotona

Haha defientely ; 3 It's one of the cosplays I most look forward to doing.

So far it's my only sure cosplay actually. But it's important that such an awesome character is cosplayed very well and I try and bring the highest quality to the cosplays I do (which I admit is not many since so far due to lack of funds for cosplays and wigs and general pickiness).

I'm very thrilled to see a Soul Eater cosplay meet being planned though and more then happy to particpate in such.

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Hirotona on May 30, 2008, 08:06:40 PM
Haha defientely ; 3 It's one of the cosplays I most look forward to doing.

So far it's my only sure cosplay actually. But it's important that such an awesome character is cosplayed very well and I try and bring the highest quality to the cosplays I do (which I admit is not many since so far due to lack of funds for cosplays and wigs and general pickiness).

I'm very thrilled to see a Soul Eater cosplay meet being planned though and more then happy to particpate in such.

m'kay, I'l put you guys down. I can't wait too see ^w^
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

Hirotona

Thanks for putting this together > O < I can't wait to see everyone's cosplay myself.

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Hirotona on May 31, 2008, 09:15:38 AM
Thanks for putting this together > O < I can't wait to see everyone's cosplay myself.

It's no problem; I love Soul Eater.
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on May 31, 2008, 04:55:57 PM
Quote from: Hirotona on May 31, 2008, 09:15:38 AM

It's no problem; I love Soul Eater.
Soul Eater is so much fun! \^o^/
And the plot thickens!! ^.-
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010

Hirotona

I can't wait for the next chapter to come out * O *;;

I'm trying to get a bunch of friends to come to Fanime; I'll see if perhaps more of them would be willing to cosplay more characters from Soul Eater as well : )

I put off reading it for awhile since I at the time my friend (the one cosplaying Chrona) suggested to be back late last year I was really busy and hence lacked the time to read it. But it had been weighing on my mind since then and have been reading since mid April. It easily gained favor as one of my favorite manga series.

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Hirotona on May 31, 2008, 06:49:01 PM
I can't wait for the next chapter to come out * O *;;

I'm trying to get a bunch of friends to come to Fanime; I'll see if perhaps more of them would be willing to cosplay more characters from Soul Eater as well : )

I put off reading it for awhile since I at the time my friend (the one cosplaying Chrona) suggested to be back late last year I was really busy and hence lacked the time to read it. But it had been weighing on my mind since then and have been reading since mid April. It easily gained favor as one of my favorite manga series.

That would be really awesome if your friends would cosplay all together like that. Thats what I want t do too. =3

MidnightRosebud-
Did you finally catch up with me in the manga????   I wanna talk to you about it. = D
[/size]
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

MidnightRosebud

@ fanime_lo-ve

I'm on Chapter 37! Only ten more to go!

Cosplay 2010

Hirotona

I was just talking to another friend about it yesterday. She actually hadn't read or watched it yet but I'm sure she will when she has the time.

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on June 01, 2008, 10:15:54 AM
@ fanime_lo-ve

Awesome. The you can get started on Vampire Knight....it's really interesting now. Espcially since the story is progressing in such a fast pase.

Hirotona- ^w^ well I hope the read more about it.
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

questionette

lalala...hey guys, cosplaying maka here, I was wondering if you guys could help me out

I pretty much know what I'm going to do for maka's costume, EXCEPT the shoes -_-

(pictured here)

Anyone have a suggestion?

Sunara Ishi

I'm on ch.47 >.>; Waiting for more...

hmm... I saw an image where someone sewed white belt straps to black boots.
They looked pretty neat. I kinda want to make her shoes and jacket just for normal wear. XD;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on June 01, 2008, 08:11:17 PM

They looked pretty neat. I kinda want to make her shoes and jacket just for normal wear. XD;

I agree with you. The shoes can be the hardest part when it comes to cosplaying. I've seen some people sew the bottom part themselves in order for it to lookjust like the shoe, but it's actually a slipper their putting over the show.

I'm sorry if this seems rather confusing. However, I did see someone try this out for a Kingdom Hearts cosplay. They whore normal shoes, but made like a cover to over the shoes, and then just zipped them up. It was pretty awesome.
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

error00004

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on June 01, 2008, 10:26:09 PM

I agree with you. The shoes can be the hardest part when it comes to cosplaying. I've seen some people sew the bottom part themselves in order for it to lookjust like the shoe, but it's actually a slipper their putting over the show.

I'm sorry if this seems rather confusing. However, I did see someone try this out for a Kingdom Hearts cosplay. They whore normal shoes, but made like a cover to over the shoes, and then just zipped them up. It was pretty awesome.

yeah those are shoe covers...I was going to make some for Halloween Sora but I didn't have time.
But for that I think it would be a great idea. other then that unless you want to make some boots you can wear all the time then you can sew em on..it's pretty tough though
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: error00004 on June 01, 2008, 10:31:00 PM

yeah those are shoe covers...I was going to make some for Halloween Sora but I didn't have time.
But for that I think it would be a great idea. other then that unless you want to make some boots you can wear all the time then you can sew em on..it's pretty tough though

Lucky for me the cosplays I've been in have been pretty easy when it comes to shoes. =3 And this time  I'll be a nurse, so their shoes are pretty regular. YAY for meh!~
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

error00004

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on June 01, 2008, 10:54:59 PM
Quote from: error00004 on June 01, 2008, 10:31:00 PM

Lucky for me the cosplays I've been in have been pretty easy when it comes to shoes. =3 And this time  I'll be a nurse, so their shoes are pretty regular. YAY for meh!~
lucky...
now that I think about my cosplays... D;
I have to make diffrent boots for Robo-Ky
o-o"
and I didn't actually pay attention to what Soul Eater wears.
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on June 01, 2008, 07:01:15 PM
Quote from: MidnightRosebud on June 01, 2008, 10:15:54 AM
@ fanime_lo-ve

Hon, I've been reading Vampire Knight since before you knew about it. xP

And I am officially caught-up on Soul Eater!
(Did you know Soul's last name is Evan's ?)

Awesome. The you can get started on Vampire Knight....it's really interesting now. Espcially since the story is progressing in such a fast pase.

Hirotona- ^w^ well I hope the read more about it.

Cosplay 2010

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Jangular on May 30, 2008, 01:17:06 PM
I'm fairly certain I will be Black Star, so you can mark me down for it :D yay I look forward to this

....Are you the Shunsui from the Bleach gathering?

Cosplay 2010