Soul Eater Gathering 2009

Started by fanime_lo-ve, May 29, 2008, 09:18:38 AM

Are you planning to cosplay for Fanime 09?

yes.
58 (89.2%)
No.
0 (0%)
perhaps??
7 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

MidnightRosebud

@ Hirotana

As soon as the "disturbance" popped up and set off the alarms. I knew it could only be one person.  ;D

@iNSOMNiAC

I must confess that I saw the first three episodes before reading the manga, so I did not have a chance to imagine their voices for myself first. But I rather like Soul's voice all the same. ^_^

@ ToshiX

Yes! Absolutely! You should definitely read the manga!
Black*Star is a crack-up, and Kidd is so neat. I wish the poor kid would get some therapy though. His OCD is kind of dehabliatating.  :'(
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

ToshiX

@Midnight
i am seriously going too ><
on the 4th episode right now so I'll finish the 11th episode today
and I don't think I can wait to find out whats going to happen in the anime

and Death The Kid is freaking AWESOME
so funny so into symmetry it is always funny
his pistol are perfect symmetry and the girls are different ><
"Why are the size of your breasts different"
ROFL

So if I do decide on cosplaying a Soul Eater
I'm thinking about going as Death The Kid XP
Or Soul Cause he is that awesome and he turn into a freaking scythe
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

iNSOMNiAC

@Midnight: Ah yeah, I guess that would make a difference in opinion then. xD  I got used to his voice after the first episode, but I remember he first spoke, I was like, "Woah woah wait wait wait... What?" He sounds so much older than I imagined he would. xD

I'm still deciding if I want to cosplay Maka, or possibly Death the Kidd... I've got a petite build, so I tend to cosplay kids a lot. I only wish I could cosplay Stein... Sigh.

ToshiX

@Isnomniac
I say go with what you feel
cosplay whoever you want is what I always say ^ ^
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

MidnightRosebud

@ ToshiX

Soul is awesome. I wish to know more about him though, there's still so much to learn. Honestly, we know more about Black*Star than Soul. ;.;

Kidd would be fun too! XD Hmmm...I want to know who his mother is. I think that would be something. Maka's mother too now that I think about it. I mean, all we know about her is her name....>.>...

@ iNSOMNiAC

It's alright. I've done that with other manga's turned anime, such as Vampire Knight and others. You kind of have to sit there for a moment and let your brain adjust.  :P

I really really really want someone to cosplay as Dr. Stein! He's one of my favorite character's! >.<
And I agree with ToshiX, go with who you feel the most comfortable, and you know you'll have a good time with! ^_^
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010

Hirotona

XD;; Black Star's fights are the most interesting I find... yet he's the most irriating character I feel ^^;; I can't wait for the next chapter * D*

Death the Kidd and Stein are my favorite characters C:

And XD I was cosplaying as Stein remember? With my friend who's doing Chrona : )

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Hirotona on June 17, 2008, 04:53:58 PM
XD;; Black Star's fights are the most interesting I find... yet he's the most irriating character I feel ^^;; I can't wait for the next chapter * D*

Death the Kidd and Stein are my favorite characters C:

And XD I was cosplaying as Stein remember? With my friend who's doing Chrona : )

so many thing to do so little time.
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

ToshiX

AHHH
half way through
on chapt 20 ><

well it seems I found a liking to Kid XPPP
so If i do try something I want to do
Death The Kid (Death Cannon)
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: ToshiX on June 17, 2008, 11:17:55 PM
AHHH
half way through
on chapt 20 ><

well it seems I found a liking to Kid XPPP
so If i do try something I want to do
Death The Kid (Death Cannon)

>3> your almost there..just 28 chapters to go. XD

-sighs- I wanna learn more about Soul and Maka too; espcially soul-kun. >;3 
The good news in the Manga is that the artist is posting new chapters really quickly. I just hope this on turn into another very long Naruto anime or manga. /= )
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

Hirotona

Without the quality of Naruto at the same time though : ( (in other words a long but good series not a long but condulated series of dubious quality).

Not espically fond of old Naruto if you might be able to tell ^^;

I personally don't think Soul Eater should be that long either though >__<;; It should be as long as it has to be, which I assume won't be more then 200 chapters (considering each chapter is about 30-40 pages in length at least).

Jerry

This series has been alot of fun.
Heh. Symetry for the win.

Depending if i could find someone to comission I may end up cosplaying as a character from this series with a 'small' group of friends i happen to know pretty well i think :P

should be plenty of time to have him work on it until fanime 09
:)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Hirotona on June 18, 2008, 06:53:44 AM
Without the quality of Naruto at the same time though : ( (in other words a long but good series not a long but condulated series of dubious quality).

Not espically fond of old Naruto if you might be able to tell ^^;

I personally don't think Soul Eater should be that long either though >__<;; It should be as long as it has to be, which I assume won't be more then 200 chapters (considering each chapter is about 30-40 pages in length at least).

@ Hirotona- I could understand where your coming frm. I just don't like how they sometimes drag out the series. Makes me not wanna watch it any more . =(

@ Jerry- Well I hope you're able to come to the gathering...and you still have a lot of time to work on your costumes.
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

Hirotona

Well I certainly don't want them to drag it out either :3 But it's hard to put a good ending spot for this series at the moment and I don't see any decent way for them to end the series at this certain story arc.

D: In my case what usually turns me off a series is an onslaught of unreasonable fans/over exposure.

MidnightRosebud

@ Hirotona

I knew that! I swear! ^_^
...>.>.....^.^;;....

But more than one Stein-sensei? -sparkles in eyes-
Maybe I should go as Medusa...that would make everything soo much more fun. XP
-snickers-
-evil grin-

Cosplay 2010

Hirotona

Haha well as long as the person also does an accurate job of it?

Haha yeah we need a Medusa : D

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Hirotona on June 18, 2008, 05:56:54 PM
Haha well as long as the person also does an accurate job of it?

Haha yeah we need a Medusa : D

Absolutely yes! >.<

Hrrmmm....-ponders- Yes. I believe I have made my decision [finally...for now].
Alrighty Fanime_lo-ve! Put me down as Medusa!!
This is going to be soo much FUN!!! >>.<<
-goes to see if there is anything in closet to start cosplay off with-

Cosplay 2010

Hirotona

Awesome : D

Haha I gotta have the costume made, find a wig and then try and see what I'm going to do for the bolt and the stitches. I had a friend who cosplayed Kakuza (a Naruto character) with similar stitches and she did a really good job on it so I might ask her to help me with that.

Ah.. out of curiousity have any of you ever read a translation that said Chrona was a male? Apparently a friend I was talking to said she had x__x;; And it was really confusing her (and I cause of all the references to Chrona as Medusa's daughter and all that).

MidnightRosebud

For the screw...try foam and attach it to your head? Maybe? Possibly? I don't know?

Ummm...O.O;;...as far as I knew Chrona was a girl. I mean...pink hair, a dress...not that always means anything in anime/manga, but stereotypically....Also, when Maka delves into Chrona's soul during the "chaos" isn't Chrona wearing a little girl's dress? And Medusa has always referred to Chrona as her daughter in everything I've read. But I suppose I could be wrong....

Cosplay 2010

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on June 18, 2008, 09:20:43 PM
For the screw...try foam and attach it to your head? Maybe? Possibly? I don't know?

Ummm...O.O;;...as far as I knew Chrona was a girl. I mean...pink hair, a dress...not that always means anything in anime/manga, but stereotypically....Also, when Maka delves into Chrona's soul during the "chaos" isn't Chrona wearing a little girl's dress? And Medusa has always referred to Chrona as her daughter in everything I've read. But I suppose I could be wrong....

(*_*)/ ie ie captain! You're Medusa!

I can't wait to see the out come in this all.
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

Rainbow+Jello

Well i'm planning to do Soul.
So please put me as a maybe.

I still need to watch the anime.
And all the other animes that are getting
popular.

i'ev been into
ROD:Read Or Die.
Dx