Soul Eater Gathering 2009

Started by fanime_lo-ve, May 29, 2008, 09:18:38 AM

Are you planning to cosplay for Fanime 09?

yes.
58 (89.2%)
No.
0 (0%)
perhaps??
7 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Hirotona

I'd much prefer Saturday yes ^^;; Sorry but Sunday is already getting very stacked with cosplay gathering obligations and I'd prefer to keep it to two a day. Plus I have at least one independent cosplay photo shoot I am sort of committed to so that is going to have to factor in sometime as well.

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on July 13, 2008, 12:44:39 AM
Quote from: Hirotona on July 07, 2008, 04:38:20 PM
Any chance of getting this moved to another day besides Sunday still? ^^;;

Is Sunday not working ffor you. Would Saturday be better for you and everyone else?
Well, I hear that the Naruto and Bleach gatherings switch off every year. Bleach was Saturday this last year. So next year Naruto will be on a Saturday and Bleach on Sunday, correct? So I am all for a Saturday gathering with Soul Eater. I do not think I would like to juggle the Bleach and Soul Eater Gathering on the same day. I'm with Hirotona on this one. =D

Also, is anyone going to the Tea/Mini Con in Santa Clara on August 2nd?
Info here: http://okagesamadepro.weebly.com/
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Hirotona

Oh wow XD Bleach will be on Sunday eh? Well so much for doing that one to... since I already have D.Gray and the general Shonen Jump meet that day, though I might just skip the SJ one if I am feeling overwhelmed or just don't have an orginial cosplay to bring to it. I could always just keep Cross but I'd rather represent a series I doubt anyone else would cosplay from, such as Tegami Bachi or Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro for that. Or.... well XD I have alot of cosplay plans I need to iron out I suppose : P

And.. hmmm I might? I'll ask a few friends in the area if they'd be interested in going/see if I can get a carpool to their or back.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on July 13, 2008, 11:35:27 AM
Also, is anyone going to the Tea/Mini Con in Santa Clara on August 2nd?
Info here: http://okagesamadepro.weebly.com/

OMG!
Glens shop (Anime 101) is going to be the Vendor!?!
I might go...

That reminds me, Anime 101's anime club is next week...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Druix

Hehe, I see Jangular is already listed! Well, just a heads-up, I'll be there with him, as Tsubaki  ;D We'll probably have others with us, I'll get back to you on that.

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

Hirotona

Mmmm excellent more Soul Eater cosplayers C:

Druix

Lots more Soul Eater cosplayrs, actually...^^;; Most if not all of Okage-Sama De~ Productions will be there....and there are 13 of us XD

2010 Cosplays:
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Cain (Starfighter)

Hirotona

Yeesh really? X3 This gathering is going to be pretty large it seems like. I really hope to see some of the cosplayers I saw at AX show for this as well, there were so many well done characters from this series. I was incredibly impressed, and for me to get impressed over alot of cosplay tends to take alot x3

This should out to be a very good gathering.

Druix

Yeah, I hope we all finish by then...hehe ^^;;

And for what it's worth, we're the ones putting on the mini-con mentioned a few posts back ^-^ hope to see some of you there~! <3!

2010 Cosplays:
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Cain (Starfighter)

Hirotona

Oh right I asked my friend about that and she said she couldn't but really wanted to ^^;;

I'll still try and make it but I can't make any promises ><

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Druix on July 14, 2008, 12:11:07 AM
Lots more Soul Eater cosplayrs, actually...^^;; Most if not all of Okage-Sama De~ Productions will be there....and there are 13 of us XD
-freaks out-
Really?! All if not Most of Okage-Sama-de are going to be in the Soul Eater gathering!? O.O
Excuse me while I go do a celebatory dance....XD

This gathering is turning out to be awesome! >.< And it's still 2008! ^o^
Whoa...lack of sleep can really make one snap, yes? O.o;
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Druix on July 13, 2008, 11:44:33 PM
Hehe, I see Jangular is already listed! Well, just a heads-up, I'll be there with him, as Tsubaki  ;D We'll probably have others with us, I'll get back to you on that.

Okay I'll put you in. = )

@ EVERYONE- The Gathering will be moved to Saturday by Popular Demand. As for the Time? It will posted either at the end of this year or next year.
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on July 17, 2008, 06:19:25 PM
Quote from: Druix on July 14, 2008, 12:11:07 AM
-freaks out-
Really?! All if not Most of Okage-Sama-de are going to be in the Soul Eater gathering!? O.O
Excuse me while I go do a celebatory dance....XD

This gathering is turning out to be awesome! >.< And it's still 2008! ^o^
Whoa...lack of sleep can really make one snap, yes? O.o;

I know huh! this is gonna get exciting. There still o much to do. I feel like it's right around the corner. =3 Yet I still need a lot of time to work on a couple of things.
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: fanime_lo-ve on July 22, 2008, 08:05:35 AM
I know huh! this is gonna get exciting. There still o much to do. I feel like it's right around the corner. =3 Yet I still need a lot of time to work on a couple of things.

-Gah- Don't remind me! I still have to work on my Medusa cosplay. I was imagining doing it all from scratch last night, which wouldn't be too hard. But the material would get expensive. T^T

Cosplay 2010

Hirotona

Well.. if there is one thing we have is lots of time to work on them and make sure they turn out very nicely. I'm confident we'll get them all done in time.

fanime_lo-ve

um yea... >3> I wish I had some of that. ("confidence") *pulls out hair* I'm in the process of panicing already. XD
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

Hirotona

I'll be panicking if I only have a few months left and still little to no progress >>;; But I seriously doubt that will happen.

XD more worried about what my friend (Chrona) also wants to cosplay. Since this is her first con I kind of promised I'd have one same series cosplay with her a day and I already have four or so cosplay obligations? Which would be this one, Gintama, D.Gray, and RO so far.

fanime_lo-ve

Quote from: Hirotona on July 23, 2008, 01:51:37 PM
I'll be panicking if I only have a few months left and still little to no progress >>;; But I seriously doubt that will happen.

XD more worried about what my friend (Chrona) also wants to cosplay. Since this is her first con I kind of promised I'd have one same series cosplay with her a day and I already have four or so cosplay obligations? Which would be this one, Gintama, D.Gray, and RO so far.

lol yea. Well tall your friend not to worry. They'll be in good company  once they join our group. = ) I'm also excited about meeting you.
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus

Hirotona

Yeah x3;; it should very fun.  And I don't think she's paticularlly worried; it's more so me and possible ever growing cosplay obligations. At the very least she and I share a similar interest in manga series so I don't have to worry about her picking out something I dislike (plus she full well understands the kind of character I enjoy cosplaying). I really do look forward to treating her and other friends to their first Fanime or a generally fun Fanime if they have already been here. She's very excited though I can tell you that. She's really looking forward to this gathering C:

I'll have to finish hashing out con/cosplay plans once she gets back from her long vacation in August.

MidnightRosebud

@ Hirotona
We just took a lot of our friends to FanimeCon for their very first time ever last year! >.< I think there were...six?...of them who had never gone before. It was crazy, and it was fun, and we were already planning cosplays for next year before we had even arrived at Fanime! XD
And then we started to do the same thing as you, and coming up with more cosplay ideas then there were days. xP

Cosplay 2010