Cosplay Mini Golf anyone? Tuesday August 19st

Started by Reno2003, May 29, 2008, 09:39:18 AM

Reno2003

Tuesday August 19th.

Hi, I work at Golden Tee Golfland in Castro Valley, and on Tuesday this random idea just came to me. Cosplay Mini Golf! So I talked to some friends, they liked the idea, I talked to our assistant manager, he like it, then I talked to my boss.... dun dun dun! HE LIKED IT!

The only down side. Costumes CAN NOT have mask's. This if for security reasons with Golfland

So my idea was that sometime this summer (a Thursday afternoon) we could have the entire lower golf course reserved for us (got the O.K. from the boss) He said we will make it $10 a person, it would be Golf and Arcade on free play. If this goes well. I want to make it a yearly event.
Arcade has...
Initial D 4
Initial D 3
Maxi Tune 3
DDR Supernova 2
Guitarfreaks and Drummania V4 (linked)
and other random games

I would like to have food of some kind, I wanted to BBQ, but thats alot of stuff to buy so I was thinking maybe a potluck?

I want to promote this idea by making fliers. Only problem, sorta expensive. About $150-$200 for 5000 glossy fliers full color printed front and back(Help with the cost would be awesome) Golfland gave me the O.K. to use there logo and mascot. Since I cant draw, I'm asking for someone who can, to help me with the fliers and I know PhotoShop quite well. I want to use our dragon mascot cosplaying something LoL.

From what I hear, Chabot College is thinking about doing a Cosplay Picnic at Kennedy Park in San Lorenzo. Maybe they might be willing to move that event to Golfland, since it has been O.K'ed. [EDIT] I don't think they are going to be having the Cosplay Picnic... Just Kin Yobi Con at the Chabot College.

Any ideas, comments or whatever, please reply, PM, IM, e-mail or what ever.
AIM: CabooseLoL
e-mail: [email protected]

Oh and one more thing. There are allot of good places for photos xD. For example, a really big castle, or a clock tower ^.^

[UPDATE] The date will be Tuesday August 19th

Spiritsnare

That sounds pretty cool, actually...

...but it's a bit far from San Jose, at a time and place where gas prices have just hit $4+. Maybe if you could somehow communicate this with another Golfland (e.g. MGL, SVGL)...?
epic progressive

vox

Kandybar

I agree with Spirit - it sounds like fun, but I can't say I'm going to drive all the way to Castro Valley for it.

That being said, if there's enough people in that area who want to play, go for it!

zoupzuop2

Quote from: Spiritsnare on May 29, 2008, 10:20:37 AM
That sounds pretty cool, actually...

...but it's a bit far from San Jose, at a time and place where gas prices have just hit $4+. Maybe if you could somehow communicate this with another Golfland (e.g. MGL, SVGL)...?
Seconded exactly. I need an excuse to cosplay again, that won't involve me spending too much more money. ^^;
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Rainbow Ichi

there's also a GolfLand in my area, Milpitas, and its just a city beside San Jose :D
If we get approval there, I'd love to come ^__^
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

Reno2003

Well.. The other golflands aren't so nice about things like this.. It would have to be Castro Valley. Only about 35-40 minuts from San jose... So yeah, I hope people will be able to go.

Pika1979

Let me know when this is going to happen I will be willing to go! If you make it on a tuesday then I can say that two people will be able to come! If you do a pot luck thing I am willing to bring a plate of food for the event as well I will just need to know the amount of people showing. Maybe you can have an RSVP system to get rough numbers of attendance.

NerdyBirdAsh

Maybe we could find some mode of public transit.
Or we could carpool.
:]

I'm applying for a job at the Golfland in Sunnyvale.
xD
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

VictimX

I might not cosplay but I'd be down for joining this, I could maybe give some poeple a ride from San Jose?

ultramangaia

I don`t cosplay either but I`m willing to come if its on a weekend.

~~Loktera~~

You know, if we carpool in 1-2 vehicles, it might be feasible.

let's see what's going on and I'll plan around that.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

edendreams

SWEET I"M LIKE CLOSE TO THAT ONE!! XD if you do that i so want to go

a little art by me ^-^

Barnes

Does CVGL have Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Pump It UP, or F-Zero AX, by any chance?
I'm still interested either way (might cosplay). I'll get back to ya.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

RyuHayabusa

Well, I live in Hayward, so that's feasible for me. Whoever is taking BART, i can pick up at the Hayward or Castro Valley BART stations and take them there.

Carpooling is a good idea too :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Reno2003

Awesome, so like I said, it would be towards the end of summer, maybe sometime in August. I want to get the word out about it.

If anyone is willing to help me design fliers(i want to do golfland's dragon cosplaying lol) that would be awesome. I live in Castro Valley, if anyone is in that area, maybe we can get together and work on something.

I think Tuesday or Thursday could work. My boss suggested Thursday, maybe because he works that day, I don't know. Tuesday night would be cool, because I bring my LCD projector and we watch movies and play games on the side of the building lol.

Oh and any suggestions/ideas on anything, like what should happen on that night, things to do other then golf/arcade etcetera. Please let me know soon. Thank you 

Jerry

Ah, the old school days of meeting up friends at the local arcade.

makes me feel nostagic of the days of old school golfland milpitas BEFORE it had the 2nd building... (thats right once upon a time there USED to be only 1 building!) that's how old school i am.

but yah im down for ANY golfland location so long as we get advanced notice and make carpool to save on gas $$$

keep us posted please! kthanksbye.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

mDuo13

I like the idea of it. It's freakin' far, but having Golfland to ourselves with arcade on Freeplay sounds great. I guess if a lot of carpooling was involved, it might be doable and worth it.

Reno2003

So far the only thing holding up this event is getting the word out about it. I cant really plan it if nobody is gona go.

I need to get started on fliers, but I need artists lol. I only know PhotoShop. If not, I'll try my best to make them myself.

Tuesday would be a good night to do it. 5 or 6 P.M. - 10 or 11 P.M. I will have my LCD projector set up, might have IIDX, Pop'n Music, Call Of Duty 4, Halo 3, DOA4.. what ever... Movies...

And again.. Any ideas on anything that could happen that night. Please tell...

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Reno2003 on June 01, 2008, 03:24:54 PM
So far the only thing holding up this event is getting the word out about it. I cant really plan it if nobody is gona go.

I need to get started on fliers, but I need artists lol. I only know PhotoShop. If not, I'll try my best to make them myself.

Tuesday would be a good night to do it. 5 or 6 P.M. - 10 or 11 P.M. I will have my LCD projector set up, might have IIDX, Pop'n Music, Call Of Duty 4, Halo 3, DOA4.. what ever... Movies...

And again.. Any ideas on anything that could happen that night. Please tell...

If this happens in august and if it's held on a tuesday night, it'll have to be the 5th cause that's my last day of vacation and I can attend. I can also attend the tuesday or thursday the week before that too. The thing is, most of us work and we usually do the gatherings on a weekend to accomadate as many people possible that can or will come. This is just a suggetion really.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Reno2003

Well a weekend would be nice but were allready so busy on weekends that we couldent have an entire course to ourselves.