Cosplay Mini Golf anyone? Tuesday August 19st

Started by Reno2003, May 29, 2008, 09:39:18 AM

Ari

Quote from: Reno2003 on May 29, 2008, 02:54:09 PM
Well.. The other golflands aren't so nice about things like this.. It would have to be Castro Valley. Only about 35-40 minuts from San jose... So yeah, I hope people will be able to go.

That's like a 2 hours ride for me... :'(

heeroyuy135

That's actually closer to me (Sacramento) than San Jose...give me a date and I'll think of it

short_storiesgl

Zomg richie how did you throw this together?

Dance Staff Second

Reno2003

LoL well it sorta went like this...

Once upon a Tuesday morning, I was doing my weekly job of mowing Golflands lawn, when all of a sudden this idea popped in my head, Cosplay Mini Golf. I was liek "ZOMG, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!" So I told my friend about it, he liked the idea. Later that day, I talked to our assistant manager, he liked the idea, told me "Go tell Bob (my boss)". So the next day, I did. Not having any idea as to what he might think about this crazy idea. To my surprise, he liked it. Told me "lets see... You can have the lower course reserved for you guys, we can put the arcade on free play and lets see.. Charge $10 a person and lets make it a Thursday night." I was like "AWESOME! But what about if we do it Tuesday?" Bob said "Thats fine"... So I go home, make a account on the fanime forums and post about it.

The End.

Yeah... lol, I was bored... o.O

short_storiesgl

Quote from: Reno2003 on June 16, 2008, 11:24:08 PM
LoL well it sorta went like this...

Once upon a Tuesday morning, I was doing my weekly job of mowing Golflands lawn, when all of a sudden this idea popped in my head, Cosplay Mini Golf. I was liek "ZOMG, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!" So I told my friend about it, he liked the idea. Later that day, I talked to our assistant manager, he liked the idea, told me "Go tell Bob (my boss)". So the next day, I did. Not having any idea as to what he might think about this crazy idea. To my surprise, he liked it. Told me "lets see... You can have the lower course reserved for you guys, we can put the arcade on free play and lets see.. Charge $10 a person and lets make it a Thursday night." I was like "AWESOME! But what about if we do it Tuesday?" Bob said "Thats fine"... So I go home, make a account on the fanime forums and post about it.

The End.

Yeah... lol, I was bored... o.O
god damn yo richie
Dance Staff Second

Paladin Cecil

I really like this idea. I haven't played miniature golf in a long time and it'd be great to be able to meet up with Fanime members again. If we schedule this, let's see if we can make it sometime after July 18th, since I'll be able to attend it after that date.

shy-cosplayer

I'm totally in for this!

Reno2003

Sorry for taking so long to give a date. But here it is. Thursday August 21st... I really hope that can work for alot of you.

shy-cosplayer

Crap, I start school that day.... Maybe I could go after. What time does it start?

Barnes

Quote from: Reno2003 on June 19, 2008, 11:40:06 PM
Sorry for taking so long to give a date. But here it is. Thursday August 21st... I really hope that can work for alot of you.

That will work for me. Gotta call grandma and tell her.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Reno2003

Ok so the potluck thing. I don't know how many people will be going to this event, so i cant really tell you how much food to bring.

Anyways...
5pm - Arrive, everyone try get here around that time, drop off food and stuff

5:45pm - Golf

When we get done with golf - Food.
-Or if any of you think food then golf would be better, let me know-

After that^ - The rest of the night, Arcade, Photos, Possibly video games/a movie on the side of golflands wall with my Projector xD.

so 5pm - 11pm

Reno2003

First of all.. I'm sorry for double posting.
Second, please don't hate me, but.... The date has changed.

THE DATE IS NOW TUESDAY AUGUST 19th.

Pika1979

well if noting happens then myself and my bf will be there! :) I will see about what I can bring, should be deviled eggs :)

Lactose

ill design a dragon for you if you'll tell me what you want it to cosplay as.

preferably a character with a sword, as the reference im using is swinging a golf club.
or, i could just leave it a golf club. =P
Lactose = Liz

Lactose

nevermind, i just had the best idea.

the mascot is cosplaying as charizard. =)
Lactose = Liz

Lactose

gogo triple post.

i plan on taking it into photoshop tomorrow to add some highlights and stuff, but let me know what you think. =)
Lactose = Liz

Reno2003

OMG YOU ARE MY HERO! I will use this and it will be awesome. These are the flyers I made so far(before i seen this awesome Charizard Putt design and before I updated the date)
Oh, I'm guessing you got that dragon image off of www.golfland.com... It needs to be really high resolution. The image is 3" x 5" at 300 pixels/inch. The dragon I used was really high resolution because I got the original high resolution images from my boss.

Front:

Back:

They are gona cost $106 for 2,500 full color front and back 3" x 5" flyers. I don't wana pay for them by myself because that would hurt my wallet lol. But if anyone can help. I can put in in $50ish....

Lactose

what's your email? ill send it to you as a pdf. =)
or i can send it to you tomorrow after i add some highlights/lowlights and stuff. itll look a little more "real."

as if a charizard could look real. but still.
Lactose = Liz

Reno2003

my email is [email protected]

And again, that is awesome. I don't know why I didn't think of Charizard for our dragon lol.

mDuo13

Quote from: Lactose on June 21, 2008, 11:57:55 PM
gogo triple post.

i plan on taking it into photoshop tomorrow to add some highlights and stuff, but let me know what you think. =)
That is downright impressive.