Cosplay Mini Golf anyone? Tuesday August 19st

Started by Reno2003, May 29, 2008, 09:39:18 AM

RyuHayabusa

I'll drop by after work just to say hi and hang out till the event closes. I get off work like around 9:15-9:30 p.m so i'll be there I guess.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Lactose

Quote from: mDuo13 on June 22, 2008, 12:30:17 PM
Quote from: Lactose on June 21, 2008, 11:57:55 PM
gogo triple post.

i plan on taking it into photoshop tomorrow to add some highlights and stuff, but let me know what you think. =)
That is downright impressive.

=) thank you.

@Reno: I should have the finished one mailed to you by tonight. =)
Lactose = Liz

Reno2003

Sweeeet!... By the way Lactose, were you planing on going to Cosplay Mini Golf?

Lactose

nah, i dont think i can make it. im totally broke so i probably cant afford the gas. like literally $20 in my account right now. -_-
Lactose = Liz

edendreams

a little art by me ^-^

Reno2003

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

Yeah, let's spread the word, lucky you'll have me to help you pass out flyers for this.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Reno2003 on June 22, 2008, 12:23:40 AM
They are gona cost $106 for 2,500 full color front and back 3" x 5" flyers. I don't wana pay for them by myself because that would hurt my wallet lol. But if anyone can help. I can put in in $50ish....

How much is it just for one side? I was playing around with that idea while suffering from a bout of insomnia, and turned out this (before decor):

If you want to expand on this, preferably, I'd like a picture of the place to use as a backdrop; the empty space can be filled by Putt-Putt (that's his name, right?) Charizard.
epic progressive

vox

heeroyuy135

If anyone from Sacramento is planning to go to this, please contact me ASAP

Reno2003

Quote from: Spiritsnare on June 26, 2008, 04:07:36 AM
Quote from: Reno2003 on June 22, 2008, 12:23:40 AM
They are gona cost $106 for 2,500 full color front and back 3" x 5" flyers. I don't wana pay for them by myself because that would hurt my wallet lol. But if anyone can help. I can put in in $50ish....

How much is it just for one side? I was playing around with that idea while suffering from a bout of insomnia, and turned out this (before decor):

If you want to expand on this, preferably, I'd like a picture of the place to use as a backdrop; the empty space can be filled by Putt-Putt (that's his name, right?) Charizard.

I like that.. lol its only $5 less for one sided prints. I like the text and how it stands out. I like the colors and stuff of mine though(idk i guess thats just my style). Maybe we can somehow combine the two styles? I don't think we can use that Golfland logo only because of the resolution of it. The flyers have to be sent in to the printing place at 300pixels/inch so 3.25" x 5.25" at 300pixels/inch = 3" x 5" (they trim it down to 3" x 5") The Golfland logo will look really bad if we were to use that one.

Spiritsnare

I've got it set to 3x5, 300dpi. (This particular version's smaller for showing off here, obviously.)
The Golfland logo's a placeholder because I can't find a hi-res version of it (link me!); the middle color's also a placeholder because the background is preferably a picture of the place; and for color scheme, I enjoyed your purple, but didn't like the black. I can try putting that purple in.

But if it's only $5 less for one-sided...it might be worth the extra $5 to decorate it a bit more.
epic progressive

vox

felicity869

I'm down if someone wants to carpool up there from San Jose. I'd rather not drive that far by myself.

Barnes

Quote from: felicity869 on June 26, 2008, 11:52:36 PM
I'm down if someone wants to carpool up there from San Jose. I'd rather not drive that far by myself.

I'd like to hitch a ride, but I'd like an estimate on how much you want for gas money. And I need to ask grandma if she'll let me stay the night at her place.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Reno2003

Hello everyone, sorry its been a while since I've posted any information or replays about Cosplay Mini Golf. Its sill alive and is gona happen.

Ok so the flyers. Spiritsnare, its not that I don't like your design its just that I'm paying to have them printed. So I'm gona have to go with mine. Unless ya wana go halves on it. xD.. Put in about $55? LoL, but na its ok.. This time I'm just gona go with my design, its getting kinda late and I gotta get these out there. Yesterday someone came up to my work (Castro Valley Golfland) and left flyers for Con-X-Treme. So I really gotta get on this and promote Cosplay Mini Golf.

Oh and one more thing. Sac-Anime... Anyone going to it? I would like to go, I just need a ride there lol. Car pool anyone? xD. I'll help pay for gas ^.^

RyuHayabusa

@Reno:

Sac-Anime happens the same weekend as con xtreme. I'm staying local for that con though.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Paladin Cecil

Who all here has been to this golf course and what are some of your favorite things about it? This'll be my first time coming here and it'll be cool to meet up with those who were at Raging Waters last year.

Amelia Seyruun

August 21st?  It's still early for me to say at this point, as I can't be sure if I'll be free on that day, and it's a weekday.  :(

I'll have to get back to you all on this next month.   
"Indeed! I am Seyruun's second princess Amelia! I left on a journey, driven on by my boiling blood of justice, to eliminate evil!"

shy-cosplayer

Reno2003

The date is Tuesday August 19th.

When I first posted information about it, I did say Thursday August 21st. But that date changed due to the fact that a big group already had that day booked. So I had to change it to Tuesday August 19th.

Oh and flyers are being printed. I will be picking them up Friday. So expect to see them in places like San Francisco's Japan Town, Milpitas Golfland, Sunnyvale Golfland and other places.

Mmmmm potluck ^.^

Food or Golf first? What do you think...

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

Depends on how many people show up hungry, I can wait until after golf, but if more people wanna eat first, then that's cool too.
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka