What was the most unfair thing at the con?

Started by Mister_E, May 29, 2008, 02:19:31 PM

Nyxyin

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 30, 2008, 10:05:29 AMP.S. Don't hate on the people who enforce the rules, hate on the people who make them!!!
No, hate on the people who force rules to be made.  If people were just well-behaved and didn't abuse things in the first place, rules wouldn't be necessary.

Kaura117

Quote from: Nyxyin on May 30, 2008, 10:28:42 AM
Quote from: Steve.Young on May 30, 2008, 10:05:29 AMP.S. Don't hate on the people who enforce the rules, hate on the people who make them!!!
No, hate on the people who force rules to be made.  If people were just well-behaved and didn't abuse things in the first place, rules wouldn't be necessary.

"If men were angels, there would be no government."

Of course, one of the good things about FanimeCon is that the rules therein are a bit saner and less silly than other cons. A ban on Anonymous? No guns allowed- even empty, untriggered props? Everybody else can be crazy rules lawyers- we prefer our SAN checks.

Reno2003

The most unfair thing at con... I think that would be the fact that they moved the DOAX gathering and I didn't know about it, so I wasn't able to go. sad face :'(

Jelly Soup

Quote from: Kaura117 on May 29, 2008, 04:08:00 PMBelieve me- the guys are not looking at your feet.

Oh, you'd be surprised......

Jerry

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 30, 2008, 10:05:29 AM
P.S. Don't hate on the people who enforce the rules, hate on the people who make them!!!

Well, the rules are there for a reason. No matter HOW MANY TIMES we post rules or officially announce them via person and boards, people still forget or just try to pretend to ignore the said rules.

the whole barefoot thing: basically we're not responsible if u suffer some foot related injury or get some sorta infection, get gan-green and lose ur foot. Hence we need everyone to wear shoes. Technically if it was "at your own risk" people would still find ways of blaming sue-ing Fanime and that would mean we'd possibly go bye bye.

As for corection-ness of information, sometimes information changes TOTALLY last minute, info desk info desk including our own staff was saying that Q&A and Autograph was one in the same. Even the ticket for the Autograph was WRONG, stuff changed last minute and of course it sometimes out of our hands and you just have to roll with it.

So long as you had fun and no one person (remember names people!) that if they give you guff and whether they were another atendee or a staff member... We'll have words with them.

right Steve?  8)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

If staff was rude to you, I'd take then into a dark alley and beat them down for you.

Cause they aren't suppose to be rude or jerks. Sometimes, I've had bad days but I generally don't take it out on the con-goers.

SOS staff should have been trained better, if they were the ones rude/abusive. *Gets out baseball bat*

Oh and true story for everything Jerry said. We had a lot of last minute changes due to the nature that is huge amounts of people and not breaking fire codes and stuff.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Shi_Musouka

You think people would have figured out by now that shoes are mandatory in all public places after seeing "No Shoes No Shirt No Service" signs everywhere.

If cosplay is the issue with no shoes(ex. L from Death Note), there's always clear-colored flip-flops. I suppose maybe preparing more comfortable footwear in advance may help >>. I know I definitely will do it for 2009 if I end up going. I ended up getting shoes around a size smaller than what I usually wore >>. My feet ended up dying 45 minutes after walking around the concourse T.T...

While staff in general are frequently advised against being jerks, they are also running on low sleep, lots of stress, and a lack of patience due to rude attendees throughout the day so they may be a bit edgy at times. But if a staff member does end up giving you trouble, you can always take down their badge number for ConOps and let them know what is going on.

Jerry

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on May 30, 2008, 01:02:35 PMWhile staff in general are frequently advised against being jerks, they are also running on low sleep, lots of stress, and a lack of patience due to rude attendees throughout the day so they may be a bit edgy at times. But if a staff member does end up giving you trouble, you can always take down their badge number for ConOps and let them know what is going on.

Excellent Point! We as SoS/Rovers have the right to jot down Atendee badge information just like EVERYONE is allowed to ask for a staff badge number or Name!

Remember names/ Badge numbers! or the person didnt exsist!  :o

mekalai

Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 30, 2008, 08:58:59 AM
Quote from: mekalai on May 29, 2008, 10:33:41 PM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 07:03:04 PM
Quote from: mekalai on May 29, 2008, 05:29:38 PM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 03:31:16 PM
Quote from: mekalai on May 29, 2008, 03:21:59 PM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 03:14:11 PM
Quote from: mekalai on May 29, 2008, 03:07:36 PM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 03:05:15 PM
No free hug signs...  :'(

I concur.

Well, that and also the fact that we aren't allowed to rave barefoot. I think that if you want to dance barefoot, you do it at your own risk. They shouldn't force you to put on shoes, especially when shoes actually cause some people more pain! My shoes SUCK, basically. They're pretty, they're flats, but they are poorly designed, and no matter what I do, they give me blisters, even though they fit perfectly.

I was actually going to say that too. I had to dance in huge boots. I couldn't really move my feet. Ugh so lame.

Clearly we are brain-twins.

Lol. Yes, we are.

x3 My feet DID get really heavy to the point I couldn't move them, eventually. Just thought I'd add that. XD

lol that's lame. Yeah me and my friends were dancing even after the rave was over. We had a hobo rave every night.

xD Yeah, I don't really have a lot of stamina. I lasted a little over 24 hours with constant action basically, but that doesn't mean I was -really- conscious. xD At some point my eyes just kinda unfocused and I just... wiggled. o_o I'm overweight, and generally dehydrated (stoopid forgetfulness..), so I'm amazed that I was able to dance in the first place. xD I mean, lemme put it this way: I am so forgetful, that people have to tell me to drink some water, even if I'm about to pass out from dehydration. o_o

...I feel a little like Mutsumi Otohime now...

Haha. i had to drink A LOT of water. I almost died too lol. They need a pool in there. haha.

HUZZAH, CHLORINE POISONING?
:: poke ::

shy-cosplayer

Avriss_nyxx

Quote from: mekalai on May 30, 2008, 02:26:06 PM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 30, 2008, 08:58:59 AM
Quote from: mekalai on May 29, 2008, 10:33:41 PM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 07:03:04 PM
Quote from: mekalai on May 29, 2008, 05:29:38 PM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 03:31:16 PM
Quote from: mekalai on May 29, 2008, 03:21:59 PM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 03:14:11 PM
Quote from: mekalai on May 29, 2008, 03:07:36 PM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 03:05:15 PM
No free hug signs...  :'(

I concur.

Well, that and also the fact that we aren't allowed to rave barefoot. I think that if you want to dance barefoot, you do it at your own risk. They shouldn't force you to put on shoes, especially when shoes actually cause some people more pain! My shoes SUCK, basically. They're pretty, they're flats, but they are poorly designed, and no matter what I do, they give me blisters, even though they fit perfectly.

I was actually going to say that too. I had to dance in huge boots. I couldn't really move my feet. Ugh so lame.

Clearly we are brain-twins.

Lol. Yes, we are.

x3 My feet DID get really heavy to the point I couldn't move them, eventually. Just thought I'd add that. XD

lol that's lame. Yeah me and my friends were dancing even after the rave was over. We had a hobo rave every night.

xD Yeah, I don't really have a lot of stamina. I lasted a little over 24 hours with constant action basically, but that doesn't mean I was -really- conscious. xD At some point my eyes just kinda unfocused and I just... wiggled. o_o I'm overweight, and generally dehydrated (stoopid forgetfulness..), so I'm amazed that I was able to dance in the first place. xD I mean, lemme put it this way: I am so forgetful, that people have to tell me to drink some water, even if I'm about to pass out from dehydration. o_o

...I feel a little like Mutsumi Otohime now...

Haha. i had to drink A LOT of water. I almost died too lol. They need a pool in there. haha.

HUZZAH, CHLORINE POISONING?

lol!!

narutofan17

Quote from: K&K4ever on May 29, 2008, 09:31:24 PM
What?
Don't even worry about it. This must be the first I've heard of the rule because I had one and nothin happened to me.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Thisiskat

no one knew the anime I was cosplaying from  :(   Then again it's a school girl's outfit from a shoujo-ai anime....

heeroyuy135

I thought it was unfair to allow toy guns that look like airsoft weapons on con grounds, but ban actual airsoft weapons

Truten

Ok, so I'm walking by the HUGE LINE for the An Cafe concert with a bunch of friends and I want to get the crowd worked up for the concert right? So I do what comes naturally, which is being awesome, and I run from one side of the line to the other saying, "Are you guys excited??!!!" which everyone is totally digging cause I'm just you know...awesome. As I'm going this guy in a Full Metal Alchemist Outfit stops me and says,"Stop, what are you doing?" I mean seriously.... I guess he isn't that quick on his toes to be able to figure out what I'm doing. Now I did not say anything mean I just told him what I was doing and he put his hand on my chest and applied a little force and said," Ok, I want you to stop!" It was totally not needed because I actually listen to the staff members when they tell me to do something. The way he handled it was totally inappropriate and it totally ruined my fun as well as the people having fun with me doing what I do best....which again is being totally awesome. I found it kind of unfair.

Mister_E

Quote from: Truten on June 04, 2008, 04:45:58 AM
Ok, so I'm walking by the HUGE LINE for the An Cafe concert with a bunch of friends and I want to get the crowd worked up for the concert right? So I do what comes naturally, which is being awesome, and I run from one side of the line to the other saying, "Are you guys excited??!!!" which everyone is totally digging cause I'm just you know...awesome. As I'm going this guy in a Full Metal Alchemist Outfit stops me and says,"Stop, what are you doing?" I mean seriously.... I guess he isn't that quick on his toes to be able to figure out what I'm doing. Now I did not say anything mean I just told him what I was doing and he put his hand on my chest and applied a little force and said," Ok, I want you to stop!" It was totally not needed because I actually listen to the staff members when they tell me to do something. The way he handled it was totally inappropriate and it totally ruined my fun as well as the people having fun with me doing what I do best....which again is being totally awesome. I found it kind of unfair.
Staff Member in a FMA outfit...OH you met Jerry, nice guy. The reason he had to stop you was because the last thing that a staff member needs it a overly worked up crowd that could lead to other kinds of crap after a long day of staffing and whatnot.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Truten

I met him after that while he was leading people into the An Cafe Q&A which was really fun. He did seem like a nice guy, I'm just not used to people using force...but hey it's all good. It's probably cause I'm uber drained right now that I didn't think if the whole crowd thing but yea...good point. ROFL!!

The FMA didn't even look like him when I saw him later...kinda funny really. Oh well, I'm sorry Jerry!! *penguin hug*

Nyxyin

Quote from: Thisiskat on June 04, 2008, 12:35:42 AMit's a school girl's outfit from a shoujo-ai anime....
Was it from Maria-sama ga Miteru?

Nyxyin

Quote from: Truten on June 04, 2008, 04:45:58 AMhe put his hand on my chest and applied a little force
Unless the situation called for it, touching people you don't know (or who don't know you) without permission is not cool.  If it were a minor girl being touched, that could be grounds for a sexual harassment lawsuit, and treating boys differently from girls is a gender discrimination problem.  I'd recommend that the SOS/Rovers staff be trained on not casually touching people.

Jerry

Quote from: Truten on June 04, 2008, 05:06:52 AM
I met him after that while he was leading people into the An Cafe Q&A which was really fun. He did seem like a nice guy, I'm just not used to people using force...but hey it's all good. It's probably cause I'm uber drained right now that I didn't think if the whole crowd thing but yea...good point. ROFL!!

The FMA didn't even look like him when I saw him later...kinda funny really. Oh well, I'm sorry Jerry!! *penguin hug*

Yup. that was me. Sorry about that. I honestly dont remember the whole situation but I apologize if I 'forced' any un-intentional contact. The only thing I could think of if  you were running towards my direction I could have made contact to avoid you running/crashing into me or the line. General Safety conerns and stuff. :P
If you want to help with staff and controlling monsterous lines, then think about joining staff next year. Kudos for peeping up the crowd, but running up and down still needs to be safe rather than sorry.

Again my bad, Since I was the only person taking care of the line (things got a bit crazy at times), and i was probably stressed and drained by the last day of the Q&A An Cafe life.

"Oh THATS who An Cafe is...?" *stares at poster* O_O