What was the most unfair thing at the con?

Started by Mister_E, May 29, 2008, 02:19:31 PM

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: Pimpstress Rei on June 24, 2008, 07:54:36 PM
Quote from: Shi_Musouka on June 24, 2008, 03:29:30 PM
Quote from: Pimpstress Rei on June 16, 2008, 07:18:32 PM
Your information is incorrect. Only certain staff were allowed to be near An Cafe, period. Not even all of MusicFest staff were allowed to have dinner with them. It was not an open staff event.

Lemme try and guess what happened. There was a non-refundable catered meal ordered, and because Fanime staff does not believe in the concept of "wasting food", Tony casually called up some good FanimeCon staffer friends, families, etc. to share the food(or love as the French call it. lol), but there wasn't enough food left to make it an open staff event, so it was more of a causal but private dining experience holy nirvana thing between yourselves and your pals.

(You don't have to answer that if you'd rather not btw. I'll understand)

Your hypothesis is also incorrect. Please do not infer that we were trying to exclude staff just because. The band had to eat so certain staff were asked to join them as guides, but also as guards in case anything untoward happened. Again, Tony didn't pick these people willy nilly. He specifically asked certain staff to accompany the band for their safety.

Whoops. Very sorry about that. Just thought I would take a stab at it :[

Ahh, guards, I totally forgot about those @__@!!!

Pimpstress Rei

Quote from: Shi_Musouka on June 24, 2008, 07:58:37 PM
Your information is incorrect. Only certain staff were allowed to be near An Cafe, period. Not even all of MusicFest staff were allowed to have dinner with them. It was not an open staff event.

Lemme try and guess what happened. There was a non-refundable catered meal ordered, and because Fanime staff does not believe in the concept of "wasting food", Tony casually called up some good FanimeCon staffer friends, families, etc. to share the food(or love as the French call it. lol), but there wasn't enough food left to make it an open staff event, so it was more of a causal but private dining experience holy nirvana thing between yourselves and your pals.

Your hypothesis is also incorrect. Please do not infer that we were trying to exclude staff just because. The band had to eat so certain staff were asked to join them as guides, but also as guards in case anything untoward happened. Again, Tony didn't pick these people willy nilly. He specifically asked certain staff to accompany the band for their safety.

No worries. But let's not feed the rumor mills, eh?

And as SoS staff, I'm sure you heard the guard requests for them all weekend. So you know that they really needed the supervision from over excited fans.
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: Pimpstress Rei on June 24, 2008, 08:15:57 PM
Quote from: Shi_Musouka on June 24, 2008, 07:58:37 PM

No worries. But let's not feed the rumor mills, eh?

And as SoS staff, I'm sure you heard the guard requests for them all weekend. So you know that they really needed the supervision from over excited fans.
Hahah, true. It was worth the effort though. lol

Now to keep the thread clear from my unwanted spam presence... *vanish*

On the subject, the most unfair thing at the con to me was probably the whole capacity limits, which kept people from enjoying the more popular things such as the dance and B&W Ball. I know it's out of staff's control, but I think it impacts the con experience in a negative light for most of us who don't want to wait 2 hours to attend something. It's important to remember that not everyone who goes to Fanime likes anime because there are non-anime stuff to be programmed(ex. MF, dances, gaming, etc.) and it ruins the experience for those that may have only registered just for one event. Just like how a lot of people this year registered only to see An Cafe, I know a good amount of people who only register just to attend the rave or the gaming room events. It's just something to take into consideration, especially since late night programming can be sparse at times.

It's not a suggestion, but a personal rant btw.

justkitteh

I would have to say Fanime staff violating my rights, assaulting me, and then causing me to suffer around $2,000 in combined damages and theft. And now totally ignoring me, telling me oh, we're discussing it for a freaking month.

Tony

Quote from: justkitteh on June 25, 2008, 07:41:06 PM
I would have to say Fanime staff violating my rights, assaulting me, and then causing me to suffer around $2,000 in combined damages and theft. And now totally ignoring me, telling me oh, we're discussing it for a freaking month.
Sorry. Consulting lawyers can take time and be expensive.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Steve.Young

Quote from: justkitteh on June 25, 2008, 07:41:06 PM

You know I remember reading your original thread and seeing you post that a police officer was there. If you had stuff stolen...uhm...Police officer?
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Jerry

believe me, when trying to resolve legal and even business issues... it takes time and LOTS of patience.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation justkitteh but I do hope your situation gets resolved... eventually.

I still have an issurance issue from like a car accident OVER 7 years ago and im still dealing with it. Sometimes life really sticks it to you when it was never anyone's fault to begin with.

Again good luck with that. seriously.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Neko Eclair

Quote from: Lcanti on May 29, 2008, 02:57:14 PM
getting kicked out of an cafe cause I had a digital camera MY BATTERIES WERE DEAD TOO >_<
Same here. They were all, "Put it in your hotel room or car". Problem is, my friends and I are 13 and our parents are in another city, and we don't have a hotel room. I pulled off my shoes and ran around in socks until I found someone to hold our cameras. By then, my feet were bleeding.
WITH MY DYING WILL!!!

Death_Note_Matt

Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 03:05:15 PM
No free hug signs...  :'(
I agree and there was no Glompers there this year all because of some ass**** ¬___¬
Another Player has Entered the Game

Stormfalcon

Quote from: Death_Note_Matt on July 23, 2008, 03:10:41 AM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 03:05:15 PM
No free hug signs...  :'(
I agree and there was no Glompers there this year all because of some ass**** ¬___¬

Conversely, a number of us had a better time at the con this year than past years because of the lack of glompers and signs.  However, that's a debate that's been had time and time again and led to a number of thread closures because they've gotten so heated.  Let it rest already.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

Jerry

To Quote  G.I. JOE -

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

We now know that its important to ALWAYS have a back up plan and read materials completely.

When something says " NO ____ Allowed " just dont have the said item to avoid any issues.

Also Most people nowadays dislike un wanted touching. We cant police everyone, but come on... common sense people. oh right... we're dealing with fanboys and girls...

Things change last minute, some times their not fair... heck sometimes it doesnt even make sense. Things arent always in your control.

Deal with it and try to make the most of it. :P

That or find another Convention that suits ya better.  :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Erin

Quote from: Jerry on July 23, 2008, 08:57:09 AM
To Quote  G.I. JOE -

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

We now know that its important to ALWAYS have a back up plan and read materials completely.

When something says " NO ____ Allowed " just dont have the said item to avoid any issues.

Also Most people nowadays dislike un wanted touching. We cant police everyone, but come on... common sense people. oh right... we're dealing with fanboys and girls...

Things change last minute, some times their not fair... heck sometimes it doesnt even make sense. Things arent always in your control.

Deal with it and try to make the most of it. :P

That or find another Convention that suits ya better.  :)

Well said.  I find those signs and the people that look at them kind of creepy, ESPECIALLY when they are eyeing people that they want hugs/glomps from.  I don't know how people don't find that unsettling.
Erin
Fan Services Co-Second