A fanime Reunion? (please help)

Started by Avriss_nyxx, May 29, 2008, 02:54:44 PM

Avriss_nyxx

Last year in 2007, My friends and I almost died waiting for 2008. Now we are about to die once again. You meet so many people but never get a chance to see them for another year. I really think that there should be a Fanime reunion. No money or anything. Just a get together. Just where a bunch of Fanime nerds get together and are able to be freaks again before we go back to the normal world again. :[ I miss everyone so much. Except for the people who told me to go away when I asked for hugs. You aren't allowed. Anywho, I just think it'd be an awesome idea. And I really hope people read this because I'm seriously considering it. And if the people who put Fanime together aren't going to have a reunion sort of thing, I think maybe all the fanime nerd's could just put something together. Help? 

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 02:54:44 PM
Last year in 2007, My friends and I almost died waiting for 2008. Now we are about to die once again. You meet so many people but never get a chance to see them for another year. I really think that there should be a Fanime reunion. No money or anything. Just a get together. Just where a bunch of Fanime nerds get together and are able to be freaks again before we go back to the normal world again. :[ I miss everyone so much. Except for the people who told me to go away when I asked for hugs. You aren't allowed. Anywho, I just think it'd be an awesome idea. And I really hope people read this because I'm seriously considering it. And if the people who put Fanime together aren't going to have a reunion sort of thing, I think maybe all the fanime nerd's could just put something together. Help? 

Well, we do, meaning the board community here do gatherings once in a while. It's not the same as Fanime, but it helps create new friendships and the like. I'm usually one of the organizers of said gatherings along with some other people. So if you want to come to this, you can, since most of us live in the bay area. :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

heeroyuy135

AnimeEmperor

I live in the bay area and I am up for anything anytime......

Kaura117

San Jose native here. Totally up for a reunion or two. It's the summer- movies are coming out. There are still such thing as arcades, and I'm completely up to getting my arse stomped in DDR. Pop a weekend, make it accessible by light rail, and I'll be there.

sykoeent

I live in Orange County!....
*Scurries away...

Kazuko

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 29, 2008, 04:15:18 PM
Quote from: RyuHayabusa on May 29, 2008, 04:04:03 PM
...since most of us live in the bay area. :3
I live in Sacramento :(
I live in tracy

this does not help us =(

Avriss_nyxx

Well, we do, meaning the board community here do gatherings once in a while. It's not the same as Fanime, but it helps create new friendships and the like. I'm usually one of the organizers of said gatherings along with some other people. So if you want to come to this, you can, since most of us live in the bay area. :3

Oh really? I've never heard of it. That's great. When is one coming up?

Avriss_nyxx

Quote from: Kaura117 on May 29, 2008, 05:15:49 PM
San Jose native here. Totally up for a reunion or two. It's the summer- movies are coming out. There are still such thing as arcades, and I'm completely up to getting my arse stomped in DDR. Pop a weekend, make it accessible by light rail, and I'll be there.

Lol awesome!! Thank you!!

Avriss_nyxx

Quote from: Kazuko on May 29, 2008, 05:51:15 PM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 29, 2008, 04:15:18 PM
...since most of us live in the bay area. :3
I live in Sacramento :(
I live in tracy

this does not help us =(

:[ I should teleport you people.

AbsolutelyCursed

I'm up for a reunion (lives in SJ)

JenniMeow

FanimeCon 2008 was my first FanimeCon and it was amazing!  I would love to have a small get together or something if anyone is up for it.  I live around the Bay Area, so yea  ;D
rawr?

Shinsengumi

It's kinda hard for me since I'm from Salinas (Monterey county), once in a great while I do go up in the bay area and some of my friends do visit me from the bay area to spend couple of days with me and my friends here in Salinas.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 06:54:07 PM

There will be a friday night hangout at http://www.yelp.com/biz/tapioca-express-milpitas since we do that every friday night. You're more than welcome to join us. It's a small reunion per say, but it's fun. we are a bunch of nice folk. :3 Most of us get there like around 8 p.m or so. I'm usually there by 10 p.m cause I get off work like 9:30 p.m. I hope to see you there :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Kaura117

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on May 30, 2008, 01:01:39 AM
Quote from: Avriss_nyxx on May 29, 2008, 06:54:07 PM

There will be a friday night hangout at http://www.yelp.com/biz/tapioca-express-milpitas since we do that every friday night. You're more than welcome to join us. It's a small reunion per say, but it's fun. we are a bunch of nice folk. :3 Most of us get there like around 8 p.m or so. I'm usually there by 10 p.m cause I get off work like 9:30 p.m. I hope to see you there :3

...aarrrgghh...

Fridays. Any weekdays. Bad for me. Real bad. ;_; Ah well, some other time.

Jerry

Keep an Eye out for the "meetings and gatherings section thread"

lots of friends and groups will random put together meet ups and gatherings

and its one of the easier ways of meeting ppl from fanime when its not fanime.

tis good times and meeting good peoples all around.

Take a look for yourself.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JohnnyAR

Yeah, a gathering with a fellow Otaku! Hope to see you at some future gatherings.

Rei-Rei

FinalShadows

What sucks with reunions is that those who want to go, but live too far, can't go unless they are willing to go that far.
I'm in Southern California, 30 minutes away from LA. It will be quite difficult D:
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

JohnnyAR