The con is ruining our fun!

Started by PyronIkari, May 29, 2008, 09:46:36 PM

Kazuko

Quote from: edendreams on May 29, 2008, 10:59:40 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 29, 2008, 10:57:25 PM
Quote from: edendreams on May 29, 2008, 10:56:31 PM
again i'm not bothered by hugging random people it's the whole forcefulness behind it sometimes. Lol

I do have to laugh about the sexual harassment claim XD DIDn't I get GRABBED upon introduction? Lol

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

XD HAHAHAHA
Seriously XD Jun has a way of saying hello if your a girl
she likes to grab mine many time

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Kazuko on May 29, 2008, 11:11:57 PM
again i'm not bothered by hugging random people it's the whole forcefulness behind it sometimes. Lol

I do have to laugh about the sexual harassment claim XD DIDn't I get GRABBED upon introduction? Lol

XD HAHAHAHA

But they're HUGE!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Kazuko

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 29, 2008, 11:12:42 PM

XD HAHAHAHA

But they're HUGE!
XD YES YES I KNOW and yours are Small

PyronIkari

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on May 29, 2008, 11:06:17 PM
However, there are cons out there, especially ones in the Midwest and East Coast, that actually do allow airsoft weapons on the con floor. I've seen a ton of cosplays from like ACEN that have airosft weapons, the same weapons that would be banned from the likes of Fanime and Anime Expo. I did touch briefly on this before the con, and I would like to again.

Acen also banned anything having to do with 4chan/anonymous. They also banned ALL SIGNS unless they had to do with a costume.

Otakon banned guns unless it's obviously a prop with no moving parts. This includes water guns.

If an airsoft gun is fired at the con, be fairly certain that they'll be banned.

Kaura117

Not just Jun. There were a group of girls in the Thursday prereg badge pickup line that absolutely wouldn't stop groping each other.

Every time I think I may start to have an inkling of an idea of what goes on in a girl's mind, I lose that grip. Then I remember that I'm in the same boat with most girls on that issue, and I stop trying to figure ye girls out.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Kazuko on May 29, 2008, 11:15:06 PM

XD HAHAHAHA

But they're HUGE!

WTF. I HAET YOU!

;__________;

And yo, doesn't work with all girls. If they ain't comfortable wit it, it ain't coo. Like Mikey. He grabs dude's balls, but if they ain't coo wit it... well, it becomes kind of hilarious, but for the most part NOT COO. And uh... yo, if you think about it, it's like an intimate greeting, amirite. Like sayin', "Yo. I's so coo wit chu, I can do dis an' we be coo 'bout it, a'ight." so it's all coo.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

heeroyuy135

That's what I thought about state law...

Kazuko

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 29, 2008, 11:18:19 PM
Quote from: Kazuko on May 29, 2008, 11:15:06 PM

XD HAHAHAHA

But they're HUGE!

WTF. I HAET YOU!

;__________;
You love me you know you dooooo ;3 you cant resist!!!! *fail heartsign* <3

Kaura117

Ladies, the quotespam. It makes the eyes hurt. ;_;

Tenba

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 29, 2008, 10:37:20 PMA "glomp me" sign is sollicitation.
They have always been banned by state law, not by FanimeCon.  Basically, the convention rules themselves haven't changed to be more strict in the last year or anything.  They've always been like this.  (I'd know since I dug up all the previous years' policies in order to write this year's.)

PyronIkari

Quote from: Tenba on May 29, 2008, 11:26:04 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on May 29, 2008, 10:37:20 PMA "glomp me" sign is sollicitation.
Then they have always been banned by state law, not by FanimeCon.  Basically, the convention rules themselves haven't changed to be more strict in the last year or anything.  They've always been like this.

But it wasn't enforced until now. That's the major difference.

Tenba

Quote from: PyronIkari on May 29, 2008, 11:27:07 PMBut it wasn't enforced until now. That's the major difference.
I wasn't out on the floor much.  Were they actually more enforced this year than previous years?  (I'd like to think my signs made a difference.)  ^_^;

quantbits

speaking of which.

I STILL got glomped 3 times as Hard Gay without permission.
I verbally voiced my unhappiness and they apologized and ran away...

at least there was no 200 pd fat guy picking me up in the air for 30 seconds this year.

Mister_E

It wasn't as bad for me this year, I just got a tap on the shoulder they held out their arms and I gave them like a quick 3 second hug.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Jun-Watarase

I had people glomp me, scream in my ear, and bruise me with Pok'eballs because they thought I was cosplaying as Rei Ayanami while I was cosplaying as Cirno. :|

BRUIS'D.

FanimaidCafe.com

SOawesomeness

Quote from: quantbits on May 29, 2008, 11:33:50 PM
OMG So it was you!
I was thinking it wasn't... o.0 Because you seemed so timid...
xDD
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Mister_E

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 29, 2008, 11:37:35 PM
I had people glomp me, scream in my ear, and bruise me with Pok'eballs because they thought I was cosplaying as Rei Ayanami while I was cosplaying as Cirno. :|

BRUIS'D.
Wait, what does Pok'emon have to do with EVA did they want to catch you? And didn't you sprain your ankle?
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Kazuko

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on May 29, 2008, 11:37:35 PM

BRUIS'D.

LOL for serious? pokeballs? err and Rei....how do they confuse that with Cirno D:< unless they have to be ignorant and assume that every short pale blue haired cosplay is rei

I knew it was cirno hands doown

quantbits

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 29, 2008, 11:38:49 PM
Quote from: quantbits on May 29, 2008, 11:33:50 PM
OMG So it was you!
I was thinking it wasn't... o.0 Because you seemed so timid...
xDD

if by "timid", you mean "a very nice professional photography attending to the cosplayer's needs"... sure. I'm "timid".

I like to work hard AND play hard. =P

Steve.Young

Quote from: Tenba on May 29, 2008, 11:29:12 PM
Quote from: PyronIkari on May 29, 2008, 11:27:07 PMBut it wasn't enforced until now. That's the major difference.
I wasn't out on the floor much.  Were they actually more enforced this year than previous years?  (I'd like to think my signs made a difference.)  ^_^;

Yes, our SOS staff was nearly double of what we had last year =)
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com