You think that the protesters will return next year.

Started by Mister_E, May 29, 2008, 11:53:15 PM

dj seifer

Quote from: RoverRoy009 on May 30, 2008, 08:31:44 AM
I think the best thing to do is have Fanime Jesus stand with them again and hold up a sign that says "I'm with Stupid people ->"

I don't think it gets any better than Jesus crucified on Wolfwood's cross while being stabbed by Leonidas' spear.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: dj seifer on May 30, 2008, 08:47:15 PM
Quote from: RoverRoy009 on May 30, 2008, 08:31:44 AM
I think the best thing to do is have Fanime Jesus stand with them again and hold up a sign that says "I'm with Stupid people ->"

I don't think it gets any better than Jesus crucified on Wolfwood's cross while being stabbed by Leonidas' spear.

Um...looking at this I suddenly realize that the main protester guy's shirt is spelt wrong.  It says "Hell is Real!  No warning is to strong!"

To = used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from. 

I think he meant

Too = extremely; very

My point is, when trying to protest the pagan / Godless anime fans of the West Coast...at least make sure your shirt doesn't have any glaring typo's.  It tends to distract from your message...well the typo and the fake Jesus being crucified on a cosplay cross over his shoulder.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Kandybar

You know, if they protest every year, at some point it will be not fun/interesting anymore.  :P

FinalShadows

Quote from: Kandybar on May 30, 2008, 09:28:14 PM
You know, if they protest every year, at some point it will be not fun/interesting anymore.  :P
That would also mean more anonymous cosplayers every year O_O;
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

TC X0 Lt 0X

If they come every year, the Fanime staff will have to put it in the schedule...

That would be awesome.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

the otaku god

1st off that was a funny pic hehe.
2nd yes they'll be back they always go were people are having fun. how do i know well im a wrestling fan and they always pop up. i go to a heavy metal concert and bam there they are agian. just remember they want you to get in there face and cause trouble so they can bring things down. it was said once in south park ep "how does one kill that has no life". answer you can't =(
is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? at least it is true that man has no control, even over his own destiny.

TC X0 Lt 0X

LOLZ, I have the WoW South park ep on my 360.

FTW!

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

rude32

Quote from: FinalShadows on May 30, 2008, 09:32:07 PM
That would also mean more anonymous cosplayers every year O_O;
Ain't nothing wrong with that.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Anonymous

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on May 30, 2008, 12:16:36 AM
Don't forget Annonymous. XD That's if they are around.

Anonymous is everywhere.  They cannot run.  They cannot hide.  Expect us.
-Anonymous

Gekido 87

I was thinking about this with my friends, and we just thought we would like to be staff members for Fanimecon 09'. If we did make it I would call my group the Disciplinary Comittee and cosplay as Seifer from FFVIII ;D
I'm in Despair!

Ayanami Rei First Child

Well if they come again I'm going to beat them down with the power of Logic!! If the power of Logic can't get through their thick skulls, then they're be truly hopeless. If they are hopeless, then people should call the cops on them ASAP. Teach them to be stupid and willfully ignorant >.<

K&K4ever

I hope they don't come next year, they ruined the Zelda gathering
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

G.I.R

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on May 31, 2008, 02:44:03 PM
Well if they come again I'm going to beat them down with the power of Logic!! If the power of Logic can't get through their thick skulls, then they're be truly hopeless. If they are hopeless, then people should call the cops on them ASAP. Teach them to be stupid and willfully ignorant >.<
That would almost be like talking to a brick wall.  People like those that preach with fear tactics (the "Follow Jesus or be  Damned to Hell" approach) are kind of beyond logic (or reason).

BrightHeart76

Quote from: G.I.R on June 01, 2008, 09:56:50 PM
That would almost be like talking to a brick wall.  People like those that preach with fear tactics (the "Follow Jesus or be  Damned to Hell" approach) are kind of beyond logic (or reason).

I know that a lot of people disagree, but I'm always a fan of silent opposition to things like this.  When you respond to them they stick around and keep acting like that.  Either completely ignore them (thats what I did this year) or form a line and turn your backs to them. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Kaura117

...you've kinda led a sheltered life, haven't you?

No, seriously- think back to every single argument you've ever had. Reason < Emotion. It's how politics works, it's how religion works, it's how human interaction works. While the ideal would be a prioritization of reason over emotion, it's rarely how it actually works out.

Much to my dismay.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: sykoeent on May 30, 2008, 10:55:56 AM
I hope they come next year! Then I'll dress up as Mr. Satan from DBZ and the crowd should start chanting, "SATAN! SATAN!"
heheheheheh
Then we need to get a mini table and tea so you and fanime jesus can sit at it and sip tea right in front of said protesters. X3
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Shinsengumi

Quote from: K&K4ever on June 01, 2008, 08:28:45 PM
I hope they don't come next year, they ruined the Zelda gathering

Don't worry sweetie, I'm sure they won't be back but then again, I would love to see them back just to see them get pwn by all of us and Fanime Jesus  :D ;D
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

narutofan17

If they do then will sick Jesus on them again. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Dancing Lanza

naaa it's only once an year~ so I think it would stay fresh =D

I meant convention happens every year~ it's still fun and interesting nya?  <3
http://www.cosspace.com/DancingLanza
www.myspace.com/dancingL

I GOT A WEBCAM!! Hit me up on AIM if interested =D
or MSN~

narutofan17

True that. Depending on how many cons you go to it should stay pretty fresh.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!