You think that the protesters will return next year.

Started by Mister_E, May 29, 2008, 11:53:15 PM

darkse1d

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Mod edit: bleeped

zoupzuop2

I love how they assumed that there were no Christians attending Fanime. (NEWSFLASH, protesters! Anime is a MEDIUM, NOT A GENRE.)

It'd be fun to see them back, haha. I also like to imagine the 'real' Jesus is looking down at it, facepalming like crazy.

Darkse1d, I doubt anyone took the protesters seriously, so no "fanning the flames" there.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Gatsby

Quote from: darkse1d on January 30, 2009, 10:04:38 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

For the most part the con goers had a good time rustling the feathers of the protesters. I know I had fun when I began the chanting "Bring out Jesus!" I agree with zoupzuop, I doubt the protesters left an impact outside of us laughing at them. No harm was done to anyone or the con.

I don't care one way or another if they come back.

PS: Darkse1d, I'm not sure if you read the general forum rules or not, but the boards are supposed to remain at a general PG-13 level. So it would be nice if you modified your post and censored out the cussing.

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mister_E

I still kick myself not getting there sooner I got there 30 minutes before they left and from what I gathered they where there sooner.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

otakuapprentice

I cordially invite them to come back, because they are so funny.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Steve.Young

I almost want them to step on convention property where I get the opportunity to throw them off of it =)
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Yukari Kaiba

lol I'd love to see them come back - my friends and I want to come up to them in our Trinity Blood cosplay and tell them the Pope doesn't approve of what they're doing XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 02, 2009, 11:02:27 AM
lol I'd love to see them come back - my friends and I want to come up to them in our Trinity Blood cosplay and tell them the Pope doesn't approve of what they're doing XD
Full of win.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Gatsby

If they do come back I think I'll wear my Darth Nihilus costume and start preaching the Sith Code. :P

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Darth_Diclonius on February 02, 2009, 09:53:20 PM
If they do come back I think I'll wear my Darth Nihilus costume and start preaching the Sith Code. :P
Also win.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

BrightHeart76

Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

dibbly

Do you think they  would be mad if they were sprayed with holy water in water guns? if it was really blessed?
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: dibbly on February 11, 2009, 11:38:18 PM
Do you think they  would be mad if they were sprayed with holy water in water guns? if it was really blessed?
Probably.
But that would not be a good idea at all, no matter how fun it would be.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Ayanami Rei First Child

I was annoyed that they left before I could debate with the bastards. I mean I believe in God, but I believe that their message was based upon HATE...NOT Love like how Jesus did it. I wanted to attack their stupid narrow minds with The Bible. That's usually one of the best ways to destroy these idiots, is to go "Well according to these parts in your Holy Scripture you're WRONG and BAD! Now go away and don't come back until you learn your religion better" >=)

destranacion

Quote from: Ayanami Rei First Child on February 19, 2009, 12:07:44 AM
I was annoyed that they left before I could debate with the bastards. I mean I believe in God, but I believe that their message was based upon HATE...NOT Love like how Jesus did it. I wanted to attack their stupid narrow minds with The Bible. That's usually one of the best ways to destroy these idiots, is to go "Well according to these parts in your Holy Scripture you're WRONG and BAD! Now go away and don't come back until you learn your religion better" >=)
i did that. they just got exasperated for a minute and started yelling again. no reasoning with those types.it is better just to go make the best of them being there and show what a farce it really is.
pika ball player!

official jesus of fanime con!

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

RadioactiveKitty

i dont like them. last year i got yelled at by one coz i am a crosplayer. i go as a maid, and they are all "YOUR GAY" im like "NO SH** HAVE A COOKIE" i really dont like them. this year if there ARE protesters i WILL say something to them and it will NOT be nice, it will be something like "HEY THANKS FOR STEALING PEGANISM!" NO OFFENCE TO YOU COOL CHRISTIANS OUT THERE! but yeah i am wiccan. so XP

SukebeStudios

If the protesters show up, let's organize the largest Rick-Roll, something to put into the Guinness Record book. I'm bringing my V costume anyways.