Some Staff and Volunteers Earned Their Badges

Started by ININ, May 30, 2008, 11:51:04 AM

ININ

I read the posts about staff being unfriendly and rude.  On the other hand, there are staff and volunteers who earned their badges and made Fanime a positive and friendly experience.

Is there a staff or volunteer who worked their butts off to make Fanime'08 a friendly con for everyone?  Did someone help you find a video room by walking with you?  Did someone help you find something or someone lost?  Did someone give you information for good places to eat besides McDonalds and Jack-In-The-Box?  Did a rover become friendly while waiting in the lines?  Did anyone in SOS helped when you're in trouble?  Share your stories.  Here's mine:

I saw a cosplayer I wanted to take a picture with on Friday morning.  I place my bag next to my friend.  Minutes later, I realized I wasn't holding my bag.  I searched around the area looking for the bag.  Gone.  Another friend and I went to Con-Ops.

We arrived at Con-Ops.  I described the bag.  The staff said, "That's OK."  I'm thinking it's not OK.  Seconds later, another staff had the bag and verified the bag belongs to me.  Thank you staff and thanks very much to the staff who retrieved the bag.  Fanime'08 was one of the best cons I attended.

Jerry

Quote from: ININ on May 30, 2008, 11:51:04 AM
Did a rover become friendly while waiting in the lines?  Did anyone in SOS helped when you're in trouble?  Share your stories. 

I'm actually curious to hear feedback about this one. I took pride in my work and actually announced my name.

Good or bad I'd like to hear about SPECIFIC names about staff members that you met during your Con experience. If you didnt get or hear a name then it shows a level or guest/customer service that some of us have.

I too agree that despite practically working the entire Con (minus dancing!) This was one of the best Con for me in over 10 years. Period.  ;D

Here's my list of Kudos (there WAY more but these names stuck out)
Will
Ashley
Tony
Marie
Matt S.
Julia
Antonio
Eric W.
Erin(s) (more than one!)
Derek
"Big" Mike
Mike A.
Calvin
Erick
Jenn
Alex
Karen
Courtney
"Otaku" Jesus
Kegan
Kasumi
Sydney
Ted

Just to name a few.... Thanks Ladies and Gents always a pleasure to work with you and keeping up with the "By Fans for Fans" mentality!  :) hope to see you again soon!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

SOawesomeness

There was this one volunteer working at Reg pretty much all day for the weekend, he was so freaking kickass. His name was Arthur. (: He pretty much could do everything and more a regular Reg. staff could do, it was freaking awesome. o.0

Actually, he was one of the most dedicated and helpful volunteers I'd seen that weekend.
Otherwise, the whole Reg. team that I saw did a good job. (:
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Jerry

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on May 30, 2008, 12:17:21 PM
There was this one volunteer working at Reg pretty much all day for the weekend, he was so freaking kickass. His name was Arthur. (: He pretty much could do everything and more a regular Reg. staff could do, it was freaking awesome. o.0

Actually, he was one of the most dedicated and helpful volunteers I'd seen that weekend.
Otherwise, the whole Reg. team that I saw did a good job. (:

Yes! I think Reg did do a kick ass job this year. going from a 4.5 hour wait down to 1.5 hours! that was freaking miraculous. Great Job Antonio and his team for keeping the Reg lines moving, along with us rovers/sos too!  8)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Steve.Young

I'd like to give props to the Volunteers to the Info Desk people this year, for actually having a clue to where everything was. Last year, people were like...uhm...yea that doesn't help me. This year was much better.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Shi_Musouka

This was actually my first year going beyond the staff minimum for me(by about 4-6 hours more) so I'm really happy about that.

I know I definitely got a few questions about An Cafe and On-site registrations. In general, everyone was good about handling the responses.

bahamutknightzero

I would say a big thanks to the two people (especially the girl) working the information/peacebonding near Stage Zero on Saturday/Sunday for being pretty kind to both me and my friend (the girl dressed as Vincent).

Also some thanks to the Con-Ops Staff for finding my bag on Sunday night, I nearly forgot about it after the game show and was already half way towards Jack in the Box when I realized that I forgot the bag with the stuff I bought that day.

Sunara Ishi

Jerry did! We gave him hell with all the An Cafe stuff. ~sorries~ ~hugs~
Rachel was rather cool.

Also the guy from SOS that ok'd my skateboard. I probably didn't need to go clear it but I wanted to play safe.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Erin

we had some of the best SOS staff stationed at reg at-con on friday and saturday.  notables:

jerry
steve (young)
rachel
cassie

and there are others that i can't remember, but those were the ones that took the most initiative with the crowd and helped me out the most.  thanks so much for helping us deal with the hell and the craziness that was friday and saturday <3
Erin
Fan Services Co-Second

Paul Who Ahh

Thanks to the registration staff for their hard work. Special thanks to Erin. You know why!
Also, thanks to Dennis for hosting the Texas holdem games. Next year, yeah?

Of course, appreciation to the FanimeCon staff as a whole. Good stuff!

ewu

Mucho props to SOS. you all were majorly overworked but ran an awesome operation.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Steve.Young

Quote from: ewu on May 31, 2008, 12:24:02 AM
Mucho props to SOS. you all were majorly overworked but ran an awesome operation.

You sir, seriously rock =)

It was seriously a pleasure working with you, hopefully in the future if you have an issue, hit me up!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

konmoni

It was my first year staffing as well as my first year at Fanime, and even though I didn't get to see much of the con, I can say that I had a BLAST.  Meeting new people, making life-long connections was well worth missing some events.  Go reg staff <3

I'm planning on going to AX in July (staffing at one con is enough for me), but I'm still waiting for my Fanime badge refund to help with that purchase...HMMM...wonder what's taking so long..

mrsanticafe

My friend and I wanted to hug the staff members, but we only got to hug one. ;_; So we're sending virtual hugs to you all staff members!

RoverRoy009

Quote from: mrsanticafe on May 31, 2008, 10:22:38 AM
My friend and I wanted to hug the staff members, but we only got to hug one. ;_; So we're sending virtual hugs to you all staff members!

Thanks for the e-hug. Personally it would be nice to have a Miniskirt army to help control the lines, but I suppose that would need additional recruitment... or lots of wishful thinking!  ;)
If you love An Cafe, you can learn to love other An Cafe Fans... Now LINE UP!

crazychichi

Hey everyone.... 

I wanted to thank most of the SOS staff I worked with as well, but yeah, everyone's names are mixing and coagulating in my mind. 

I was the peacebonding lady who took over almost every evening after cassie especially after I got hurt. I wanted to thank all the people who brought me weapons cause you guys rocked.  Everyone was nice and this was the best year I've had at fanime. 

Kudos to the Tech Department for the gentleman who talked to me about what they do;  Kudos to reg for being flexible and awesome....Kudos to Con-Ops....  I love you guys!

And a final kudos to the fans on friday and saturday mornings who made up the AnCafe Line @ 5-9AM.....(sorry I know these people are not staff or volunteers, but they were freaking awesome.)  You guys behaved so well and were all warm and fuzzy!
Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

Ayanami Rei First Child

I'd like to give kudos to the Registration people working at pre-reg. This year the lines went MUCH faster then last year....I would know I went through waiting in line TWICE last year, since I forgot I didn't actually pre-reg ^^;

Pimpstress Rei

Awww thanks Jerry! You were so courteous and helpful - it was much appreciated! Thank you again for opening up the reg door for me the million times I had to run back and forth through there!

I'd like to also give nods to:

(Chairs, Vice-Chair, Division Directors and Department Managers automatically included)

Val
Christin
Kestral
Chewie (SOS, not sure how to spell his name)
Bald Mike (SOS second)
Claudia
Erin
Kalen
Elena
Deborah
Josh
Charles

I'm sure I'm missing people but it's been a long few weeks. Give me a few more days of sleep and I'll be ready ^_~
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

narutofan17

I have to commend the dude runnin the E-Gaming Tournaments on Saturday. I'm sorry me and my friend kinda gave you a hard time tryin to find out when the Brawl Tournament was. When we saw how many tournaments you were controlling we gave you some slack XD. Kudos man (sorry I don't know your name)! The only problem with staff was with my friend. He had a sign on. One of the staff in the Marriott stopped him and told him to watch his self. I was like WTF? I'm not sure if he was helpin him out or threatin him.
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!