Did anyone notice that it took...

Started by Mister_E, May 30, 2008, 04:05:11 PM

Mister_E

Longer to get to Fanime than to leave, the car ride seemed shorter when I was driving home.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

IshokuOsero

I have to agree.
The plane ride back to Chicago was quick.
The one out to San Jose felt so long and horrendous.
But of course, it took the same amount of time each way.

FemmeFatale

Haha my friend brought this up when we were driving back. That's just freaky then.

Mister_E

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 30, 2008, 04:07:09 PM
Less angst and anticipation maybe?
Yeah it felt like that and we made 2 stops on the way home.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

crazychichi

So sad....  I was wishing the car ride wouldn't end, since my San Jose friend drove me practically back to lake tahoe.....  I miss everyone.... :(
Fanime Safety on Site 2008
Fanime Rovers 2007

Jebus

yeah, the trip back did seem eerily quick, but now im waiting for ax so the nights seem longer again

nf33

yeah it did seem faster but im thinkin that the nap i took while i was on the light rail may have had something to do with that  :P

heeroyuy135

Nah...it was longer
I took the 101 all way up to San Rafael, through SF and the Golden Gate Bridge
I came 580-80-880 on Friday

swtluck

that the lines were so bad this year, but waiting for the elevators were another story.
*Furi Kuri*

billgoku

Yeah, I think its just a feeling everyone gets. It took a while to get used to normal life too. lol
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

narutofan17

Yeah I know what you mean. I got on Caltrain and then BOOM I was in my best friend mom's car on my way home. It was funny, when we were leaving around 5, there so many people still standing outside the con. They looked like lost puppys that didn't want to go home. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Pika1979

I do understand what you mean about getting back to normal life. When we got back home every time we drove by a place we where looking for cosplayers. lol

Trumby

It actually took me longer to get home..because I had to sit at the airport for 3 hours.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

Suspicious

I passed out in the backseat during the car trip back, so yea.. the drive back went by in a flash.
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

outcast

After having so much fun at the con the car ride home seemed a lot shorter.

Hyura

Actually, that was completely true for me. xD; On the way to San Jose my flight was delayed TWO hours, but on the way home my flight was perfectly on time if not a little early. >->

DivineChaos

Quote from: Mister_E on May 30, 2008, 04:05:11 PM
Longer to get to Fanime than to leave, the car ride seemed shorter when I was driving home.

I would assume because you're mind is running on wanting to go to the con already while trying to go there, while when you are coming back from, your mind is stuck on the stuff that happened at the con, thus passing the time a lot more quickly than otherwise.

As for the plane ride, was it really the same length of time?  Wind direction must have thrown something off a little bit....  But whatever.   

Yeah, it was a shorter ride home.

Thisiskat

I was asleep on the way home, so yes must say much shorter

Poacher

I find myself disagreeing.  I did roughly 97 mph to get to fanime...Mapquest told me it should take two hours...well F___K YOU MAPQUEST!!  MY GAS PEDAL SAYS IT TAKES 58 MINUTES!!

Then leaving i held up traffic on the freeway headed homes...did 55 in the fast lane >_< i didnt wanna leave NUUUU T_T
~Butchering the art of Zen one living room at a time~