So's I (won't) be moving to Sunnyvale....

Started by XpHoBiaX, May 30, 2008, 05:09:14 PM

XpHoBiaX

I will most likely be moving BACK to Sunnyvale in the few weeks comming. Meaning I am giving up my apprenticeship to come out here. I will most likely be down around the 7th of June, Job hunting. There's no way I can live where I am at now. That, and it's a rather lonely, depressing place.

It's been roughly 6-7 years since I had lived there, and would like to be able to hang out with some peeps while I am around. ;) I will be around for possibly two weeks or so, depending on if I get hired anywhere. If not, I will be traveling back and forth until I do get a job down/around that area.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

ced1106

Well, here're some local anime groups to start you off:

* No Name Anime, Santa Clara. http://nnanime.com/
* Foothill Anime, Los Altos. http://foothill.anime.net/
* CA-West, Campbell. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CA-West/
* Tsunami Anime, San Jose. http://studiokyuu.com/tsunami/

If you're up for meeting people outside of anime, Meetup.com is a great social site. I'm on a Santa Clara walking group, myself.

No Name is on June 14th. Bring your resume and I can help critique it.

PM me if you have any questions!

Cedric.
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

EdOfNoName

Please join us at No-Name Anime (http://www.nnanime.com) on Sat the 6/14 if you can. During our "Break" is usually a good time to  chat with people. This is often about 2:20pm to 3:00pm, but the exact time will depend on our to-be-decided published scheduled and exactly when the last anime show before break ends.

XpHoBiaX

Thanks guys! ^.^
I will look into those links. Things may work out for me to come and visit. Gotta check the calender and stuff. I'll let you all know for sure when I am comming down.

2010 cosplay...?

otakuapprentice

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

XpHoBiaX

Hori Crap. Otaku just had a joygasm. @_@

2010 cosplay...?

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

otakuapprentice

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on June 01, 2008, 12:14:02 AM
Quote from: rude32 on June 01, 2008, 02:27:53 AM
He usually does.
@rude32: i don't recall, but have we met before(since you seem to know that i usually have joygasms)?

and once again, i repeat(with emphasis):

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

Kazuko

uuughh its all in my hair! I LIKE MY HAIR D:<

oh man pho D: you are farther buuut i miss you

rude32

Quote from: otakuapprentice on June 01, 2008, 11:55:10 PM
He usually does.
@rude32: i don't recall, but have we met before(since you seem to know that i usually have joygasms)?

We met for a brief second. You were playing your DS while I was talking to Ryu on Saturday night.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

edendreams

AWW I was hoping to meet you at fanime but i don't think i ever saw you... :( I'm always travelling around that area so I'd love to stop by and say hi

a little art by me ^-^

otakuapprentice

Quote from: rude32 on June 02, 2008, 06:02:14 AM
Quote from: otakuapprentice on June 01, 2008, 11:55:10 PM
He usually does.

We met for a brief second. You were playing your DS while I was talking to Ryu on Saturday night.
wait.......*thinks back to Saturday of fanime*...........................................................................................
........................................................................................
...........oh yea, i 'member now.

Quote from: Kazuko on June 02, 2008, 12:53:26 AM
uuughh its all in my hair! I LIKE MY HAIR D:<

oh man pho D: you are farther buuut i miss you
dont worry; it washes out easy, lol.

XpHoBiaX

Yeah for any of you actualy wondering where the F I live currently...The address SAYS Ione, Ca....but I am closer to the border of Calaveras.

I am still hoping I can move down sometime...but the idea seems to be moot. Unless I like, live in a motel. @.@

2010 cosplay...?

NerdyBirdAsh

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on June 02, 2008, 08:05:05 PM
Yeah for any of you actualy wondering where the F I live currently...The address SAYS Ione, Ca....but I am closer to the border of Calaveras.

I am still hoping I can move down sometime...but the idea seems to be moot. Unless I like, live in a motel. @.@

That's freaking weird.
o:

I see your thread title and I chuckle thinking "What a coincidence! I live in Sunnyvale!"
Now I  see where you live currently and I'm like wtfhax. I lived in Ione from 2000-2002.

Small world.

Anyway, word to the wise, once you get yourself settled here again...
Go to Chipotle on El Camino next to the Borders and have a burrito.
Do eet.
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

XpHoBiaX

Dude I will so do eeeet! lol
And like maybe we can all have a welcome home gathering...since technically I am comming back to the place I used to call home. (yeah it's a few houses down the street, but that is still where I grew up!)

2010 cosplay...?

NerdyBirdAsh

Awesomesauce.
Whereabouts in  Sunnyvale?

I'm off of Remington/Fair Oaks myself.

XpHoBiaX

Hopefully I will be living on Lori Avenue.
I may not be able to get to visit as soon as I thought, my pet rat needs medical attention...and well, he comes first. He's my only friend and companion out here. He means a lot to me. So I need to take care of him first.

2010 cosplay...?

NerdyBirdAsh

Understandable.
I hope all ends well.

One of my kittens died 2 days ago, and it happened to be my favourite, so I can certainly sympathize.

XpHoBiaX

Yeah I was crying all day yesterday, and then a few friends called me up and made me feel better. They're gonna try and help me pay for his doctor visit. I gotta see if the vet will lump it all together in one bill, instead of consultation+watever else he needs done.

I can't risk cutting off the dead part of his tail while he is still weak from nearly starving to death. His immunity is low and if he gets an infection from me doing that, it would surely kill him. And I couldn't live with that. So, the best thing to do is get him to a vet, have him/her do it safely and give him antibiotics.

Also, he may need other things, as he is pretty much all bones right now. It's aweful.
When I come down to visit, I will be taking him to a shelter a friend of mine knows about that is family owned. He will have to stay there, as I currently am not financially able to even take care of myself. The good thing is that he will be well taken care of, and I can get him back when everything is alright.
Some people may find this very stupid, and I am going through alot for a 'stupid rat', but this pet of mine is like my child. I want my baby to get better, and be in a safe place until I can get situated. It's not right to make him suffer too.

2010 cosplay...?

ced1106

*hugs* to your pet rat. (and you too, of course)

If we're all legal, there's always Murphy's Street in Sunnyvale. I can bring Apples to Apples or other party games for no good reason. Uh... What else is there to do in Sunnyvale? There *is* free music at a coffee cafe in Mountain View...

aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.