About the An Cafe Concert...

Started by keigu, May 31, 2008, 07:44:39 AM

keigu

Nobody has said anything about how the concert went!! only about preparations and how tickets will be distributed =.='
Unfortunatley, I didn't get to participate T^T so can someone please indulge me with descriptive detail on how An Cafe was recieved by the audience, what kind of things they did to connect with the audience, autographs, and if you feel that they felt comfortable and successful with finally performing for their U.S. fans?? Oh!! and the song list ^_^ please, give me anything!!
~Thank you!! <3

mrsanticafe

We've mentioned this in the other threads about Antic Cafe actually. They only played an hour, but they got several songs within an hour. I was surprised how many new songs they did from their newest album because during the other tours they mostly performed old songs. Not that they didn't perform any of their old songs. I think they did a couple.

Miku cried during Orange Dream (I think that was played) or so it seemed and we all wanted to give him a hug! He also spit water at the audience, which made a few girls quite happy. He threw his waterbottle and I heard a guy caught it.

I was in front row while all this was happening on Takuya's side. I believe it's just like any concert they would have had in Japan. We were all so squished together. People from the back kept on trying to get to the front, but that was impossible! There was no room and I couldn't even turn side-ways!

Miku went from one side of the stage to another. The same with Kanon and Takuya. The crowd waved like crazy whenever they went to their side.

I was very proud of them, especially Yuuki and Takuya! Takuya was surprisingly sexy on stage! He made me such a Takuya fan-girl. >< I was so proud of the fans with the support they gave the two new members.

I just wished I could have enjoyed the concert more. It wasn't the music, but I was terrified of the crowd. I wore flipflops, so I was trying not to get stepped on. I had no time to change once we lined up.

I'd like to know the exact count, but I think they were almost sold out with the 3,000 tickets? I heard over 2,000 fans came.

During the autograph session not much could have been said. I'll never forget the way Teruki reacted when I told him "I love you." He was first in line to give the autograph. I made him giggle. It was cute! And he was the first guy I've ever said that to.

Jerry

also check the ENTIRE thread here:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,9659.200.html

There is also a Thank you Video on YouTube of An Cafe Thanking FanimeCon for hosting their 1ST American Concert!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

milan

@mrsanticcafe:
Do you mean Miku cried during Nanairo CRAYON de Egaku Hikari? Because I'm pretty sure they didn't play Orange Dream...And he cried? o__O I really didn't notice that. ^^; I just remember being serenaded by Yuuki when he ended the song with his solo *__*

Wow, you wore flip-flops to a rock concert? >< At least you didn't lose your shoes, like my friend did, she had flats on. XD

But yeah, you can find a lot of live reports here:
http://community.livejournal.com/an_cafe/1068809.html

mrsanticafe

My bad on naming the wrong song. >> But it looked like he was crying from my perspective. You couldn't see tears, but it was his body motion. I heard one of the fans behind me say "awwww, he needs a hug!"

Shi_Musouka

Actually, the bottle ended up landing near where I was standing, which was somewhat far from the left exit of the civic, but still within close distance of the crowd. I was at a position where I could have caught it, but I chose to avoid it because I thought it was a glass liquor bottle that Miku threw(The liquid looked colored at a distance) and I didn't want potential glass particles scratching up my pretty face T.T...

I just remember a bunch of female fans swarming in my direction and fighting over the bottle. I was kind of hoping that someone from SoS would run to the side and break it up(since we were expected to have around 6-10ish SoS staff working the bottom floor), but fortunately it didn't end up getting that bad.

I personally liked the concert because it brought a lot of people together, especially in terms of upper-division staff members that you wouldn't normally see in public because they tend to be busy behind the scenes working to make sure everyone is happy. I truthfully did not care for the band when I first came to the concert. I just wanted to see why it was that everyone was crazy for them. It looks like I got my answer though :]

DN6412

Quote from: milan on May 31, 2008, 02:07:37 PM
@mrsanticcafe:
Do you mean Miku cried during Nanairo CRAYON de Egaku Hikari? Because I'm pretty sure they didn't play Orange Dream...And he cried? o__O I really didn't notice that. ^^; I just remember being serenaded by Yuuki when he ended the song with his solo *__*

Wow, you wore flip-flops to a rock concert? >< At least you didn't lose your shoes, like my friend did, she had flats on. XD

But yeah, you can find a lot of live reports here:
http://community.livejournal.com/an_cafe/1068809.html

He didn't exactly CRY. But his eyes were watery. I wasn't really sure so I checked the big screens up top and his eyes really were watery.

Well I made quite a few friends during the concert line and in the Civic Auditorium. (: I'm glad I stayed after the concert for the next 5 minutes 'cause the came out for an encore. Too bad for the people who left during that time.

Pimpstress Rei

Miku could have been tearing up, but it's also possible that the bright lights coupled with his lack of sleep just made his eyes water. Every morning when we saw them, they looked pretty run down.

Now that their tour is over I hope those boys can get some much needed sleep!
Marie F.
Vice-Chair 2009-2011
Assistant Director of Marketing 2008
Publications Manager 2006, 2007
Con Mom forever o.O

Ariana the Rad

I didn't remember seeing Miku cry at all... :o

I did hear him scream during one of the songs, however. Ohh, it was lovely. <3

mrsanticafe

I guess I don't mean 'crying, crying' (my bad on wrong word choices, sorry) because I didn't see any tears from his eyes, but assumed he had gotten a little emotional. I just speculated that from his body motion during one of the songs because it moved the way a person would as if they were crying....and the fact that someone behind me said "awww, he needs a hug!" And I thought....is he crying or something? But couldn't really tell.

lotus_tile

i have to say, that was a really awesome concert.
i admit, i squealed when miku started talking. "herro, i am preased to be meeting you. i hope we can make a good time together!!" it was frickin adorable!
and i got to stand on the wooden platform in the front, so when everybody was jumping up and down, it felt like we were on a trampolene. TOTALLY RAD!
but, i was kinda disappointed, coz i didn't see anybody headbanging, and it looked like a lot of people in the back weren't even dancing.
i had a blast, though! and the encore was awesome, although we were shouting for what seemed like forever. but it was worth it when miku came out and said "i'm...so..HAPPY!!!"
and of course, the violin and cello player, ramen and rice, i think, were sweet. they even played phoenix wright!!
so basically, it was amazing!

mrsanticafe

Was I the only one that got kind of depressed when I got home? There were other reasons, but I was kind of sad because they came and went. Now we have to wait another year until they come...if we get even that. I am going to attempt to see them in concert when I go to Japan at the end of the summer.

milan

Ah, yes, I think many people had depression afterwards, like me.  :-\ I'm still depressed actually..I really hope to see them again soon!  :P

lotus_tile

i dunno, what made me sad was that we were in line all night long because they said that like the first 30 or so people would get an autographed ticket. turns out, noone got the tickets, so we basically just camped out for a free ticket that we could have gotten anytime. that was kind of sad.
but it was kind of an adventure, not being able to make a line until 5 in the morning, but ending up making a line kind of thing anyways and walking around. and then shouting "hurray!" when it turned 5 and pseudo-sleeping on the cold floor, coz we weren't allowed to sleep either.
but we were still the first people to get tickets that day, even though they weren't autographed.
good times, good times.
but yeah, it's sad that they're gone now, but it was a great concert and i'm glad i got to go.
and the line for autographs didn't take that long either, so i got the picture signed and it's hanging up on my wall now. W00T! :D

mrsanticafe

@ Milan -huggles- I am still depressed as well. Finals is keeping me busy at the moment, but when I am on vacation and there's not nearly as much to think about depression will return. ><

milan

Quote from: mrsanticafe on June 05, 2008, 04:32:06 PM
@ Milan -huggles- I am still depressed as well. Finals is keeping me busy at the moment, but when I am on vacation and there's not nearly as much to think about depression will return. ><

*hugs back* I feel the same way. x3 I'm pretty busy with finals now, too. But, the depression will eventually go away..I think.  ???

mrsanticafe

Am I the only one who feels like it never happened and I just dreamed about it?

Sunara Ishi

The whole con felt a little dreamlike; it flowed right past like a dream. -.-;

But I'm glad it wasn't; I'd hate to arrive on the last day like in the nightmare I had like a month prior to con.

But if was and I awoke in time for con; I now know what I'd ask An Cafe at the Q&A.
But I wonder if I'm the only gamer in the cafekkos. If I am, one question would leave me feeling kinda odd... (I would have asked them what character class they would be if they were in a rpg.)
Its bad enough that I think I showed how strange I was... I think I went "Ruu!" by accident when I cheered for something. >.>; And raising both hands in the nyappy sign is rather close to Ruuko's pose. >.>;

But my other would have been: when they were children, what they had wanted to be.

XD;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula