Fanimecon 09' Concert, What band would you suggest?

Started by Gekido 87, May 31, 2008, 01:03:13 PM

Nina Star 9

What? Not pushing for jazz? Aww...

I was hoping for some JiLL-Decoy association or paris match. ;D

Rie sings pop, but she really isn't active in her solo career, and her best release was 5 years ago. I would be happy with September, the band that she is with, though, if we got them out here. Probably not the type of pop that you are looking for, though.

Well, here goes, anyway, since I don't know if you could find any ifo on her on your own (since Rie is a common name and she is rather obscure): http://www.movado-rie.com or http://usmusic.co.jp/portal/artist/september/ (first is her personal webpage, second is the official webpage for September)

I love her, but I haven't been suggesting her because she would have conflicted with my Amano Tsukiko suggestion (since she does Amano's back vocals at lives and is considered by Amano fans to be part of the band).

That's all I have in the way of pop. Are you sure you don't want jazz? Even jazz-fusion? D:

By the way, you can always PM me if you want to hear samples of any of this stuff I keep suggesting. I doubt you will have an easy time finding much in the way of Rie's music.

jemz

Quote from: dealerJason on August 12, 2008, 08:24:58 AM
I am actually pushing for J-pop this year.  I feel Fanime is more of a J-pop convention than anything else.  Anyone else care to agree or disagree?

Ebner
The blamable one

:D MusicFest and I will take your opinion into consideration for bands. I know my staff is monitoring all the threads related to the bands very closely and have been working hard behind the scenes to make things possible for this upcoming Fanime.

So keep those suggestions coming!
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Nina Star 9

The more I think about it, the more I am liking the idea of JiLL-Decoy association, actually. I mean, I liked the idea of them coming before, because they are an awesome band, but I then got to thinking about how well a jazz style would be recieved by the general con population. I thought "nah, there aren't very many fans of their style at the con, I doubt they would be well recieved" until I realized that because of their fusion style, they would be highly accessible to the general con-going population. They can actually put on a really good show (never seen them in person, but from all the live clips and pictures I have seen, they seem great), and they would seriously rock the house. People would be dancing like crazy and it would be one epic concert.

I think that you guys would do well in bringing them out here. I don't know how hard it would be to negotiate with Pony Canyon and U's Music, though, and I don't know much about them personally, as in how willing they are to get together and party with fans, but they seem fun-loving enough, for sure.

I'm still dreaming a silly fangirl's dream of bringing out the perfect music guest (Amano) and somehow coaxing her out of retirement, but it seems highly unlikely. (Try anyway! She won't be writing any more music as Amano Tsukiko, but that doesn't have to mean that she won't do another show.) Maybe we can push for A LUNCH instead? Their punky, fun style would be well loved, and I know that they would be willing to party and put on a great show. They are a small litle project over at Otokura records, you should at least think about it. (Since they are a tiny side project, though, they hardly ever do anything, but would probably come out for a show- I am pretty sure that they aren't disbanded or anything, just put on hold to make room for other projects.)

...Well, I guess it is more to think about. I guess that I'm the crazy music suggestion girl. XD;;

Kazuko

Plastic Tree D: i keep asking for them, their stuff is pretty good not hardcore j-rock but its still decent.
Or Tokyo Jihen <3

PyronIkari

Tokyo Jihen... wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I wish.

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Kazuko

Quote from: PyronIkari on August 13, 2008, 10:44:30 PM
Tokyo Jihen... wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I wish.

D: I can dream cant I? Like those other kids who want gackt, hyde or some band thats on hiatus wwww

Sora

Has anyone heard of "To Destination"? They did the opening song to Yami no Matsuei. Another I would suggest is Kinya Kotani. He did Tsubasa Chronicles and Gravitation.

Also, Rie Fu, who does Life is Like a Boat from Bleach.
"Don't give me any orders."

PyronIkari

Not to point any fingers or anything, but it's a trend looking at this forum/ax/acen/otakons boards semi-regularly about music guests. I really don't like when people name off bands because "they did the op/ed for this one anime!" One song doesn't make a group. And if you like a group/artist for one song, and you want to see them for one song... then something is wrong when you're pushing to invite them as a guest.

Besides the fact that I hate Life is a Boat, most people can't even name other Rie Fu songs. Same with Yuuna for Houki Boushi. As much as I like Houki Boushi(okay not really that much but it is kinda catchy), most people don't know any other songs by Yuuna, nor realize that she's Korean and does quite a bit of Korean music over her very small amount of Japanese music. But a lot of "YUUNA SHOULD GO TO SO AND SO CON!" posts are always made.

SOawesomeness

Supe. They're from Long Beach, CA... and they're good enough to be on the local stage. (: I think I already suggested them...
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

NSC

I would LOVE to see JAM PROJECT! they went to otakon this year and i was so sad that i couldn't see them :'(. i love every song from them.

Moonbug

I always preferred the MusciFest concerts that sort of went up in degree of music style...

Like the line up of Beautiful Losers to Nami Tamaki, to Duel Jewel, to BLOOD...you know from soft rock/easy listening to J-POP, to J-ROCK, to well you get the point.  I mix of all and keeping in that tempo so people who only care for certain styles had an idea of what time to show up to watch their fave music style.

"Dream" SUGGESTIONS:

Utada Hikaru
HYDE
Miyavi
Gackt
Dir En Grey
D'spairs Ray
Moonbug; noun; a girl named Moonbug.

...well that was lame.

www.moonbugwings.com
www.facebook.com/MoonbugsMakes

Kaori

Quote from: bluayu on June 02, 2008, 12:02:16 AM
I don't know if anyone has heard about Kimeru. He's very talented and does J-Pop/Rock music and has been featured in musicals like TeniMyu and the Japanese version of Pippin! ^_^ He's also collaberated with Daisuke Asakura (TMR's music ring a bell?) and Tetsuya Komuro (Ayu anyone?)... It would be AMAZING if he could come to preform at Fanime Con next year, his crowd interactions are great, he's super cute, and he has an amazing voice!

If you don't know the greatness of Kimeru then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zn4ruW92Qg

^_^

I would LOVE to see Kime in the US. He's such a wonderful singer with great stage presense! Oh please invite him to come!!! @o@ I think I mentioned this after the 2006 con too haha. XP

I know this will never happen, but I'd love any Johnny's group to come. I doubt it'll ever happen. But if Johnny Kitagawa lets KAT-TUN or NEWS perform state side I would fly anywhere for it!

And I agree with the j-pop notion. I'm more of a poppy person than Hard rock. XP
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

Raymei

I'd like to actually seem some up-and-coming bands  :)  Something maybe all of us haven't heard "that one theme song from that anime that's the only song that anyone knows by this band and we've all heard it about a friggin'-million times"   XD  lol

I agree Flow would be cool, and Utada Hikaru is like a far-away dream  (I think you'd need a much-much bigger place if she was going to perform  lol), but yes, she would be fantastic.
I'd also love to see Shiina Ringo.  I think she just did a collab with TOKIO, so she'd be pretty fresh in people's minds too  :)

Style-wise, I can go any way.  I love rock (alternative, heavy metal, punk rock, etc) but I can also go for the poppy stuff like Ootsuka Ai or something a little different.  Onmyo-Za's a pretty cool metal band  :)

zoupzuop2

Go2 of Initial D fame has been touring a lot lately with Christine (SCP), Pamsy (SCP), Domino and Giorgia V (ABeatC/Go Go's Music) in Italy and other places in Europe, so clearly Avex is open to that much...

I know I push Eurobeat a lot, but perhaps this is an opportunity to bring them over stateside? (And, um... maybe bring more of them over? Go Go's and SCP seem like the best legal bets.)
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

iKuraudo

Actually for the concert, I thought of Gackt-san and maybe Miyavi, Glay or GazettE would be a wonderful choice.
Maybe X-Japan. Something huge, someone all of us know. Would be great.
I only liked Flow's Colors (Geass Opening 1) , Utada ehh.. nope. I just don't see her coming to a Fan-based con like Fanime.
Sorry, but An Cafe already came and I really don't want to see them back. (I'm not that much of a fan of them.) I like Visual Kei more than Oshire Kei, chances are I spelt it wrong, but yeah you know what i mean.

And Gackt-san is not 'on Haitus', actually he's doing a tour right now in Japan which has like 60 preformances right now.
I would love to See Miyavi or Glay, GazettE too. =D

(I'm a massive J-rock fan...) =D

PyronIkari

Quote from: iKuraudo on September 12, 2008, 12:16:39 AM
Actually for the concert, I thought of Gackt-san and maybe Miyavi, Glay or GazettE would be a wonderful choice.
I only liked Flow's Colors (Geass Opening 1) , Utada ehh.. nope. I just don't see her coming to a Fan-based con like Fanime.
Sorry, but An Cafe already came and I really don't want to see them back. (I'm not that much of a fan of them.) I like Visual Kei more than Oshire Kei, chances are I spelt it wrong, but yeah you know what i mean.

And Gackt-san is not 'on Haitus', actually he's doing a tour right now in Japan which has like 60 preformances right now.

... You state how you're a J-rock fan, but you only list a very narrow view of it. Visual Kei has practically been dead for a decade almost. A lot of visual-kei bands, dropped the whole visual-kei thing because they realize it's dead.

Honestly, the best band to bring to the states(not just fanime... I meant to a con in general) is Back-On. They're not huge, they did animu music, and most importantly... they're good musically.

Sorry to state this (in general) your favorite band sucks. Seriously. Most JP rock bands suck. Sure you might like them, but musically, they suck. Miyavi... yeah, he's terrible. People only like him because of how he looks. Gackt can sing, too bad he can't write or perform. Etc. etc.

I hate how... people don't listen to music for the music anymore.

crazy_lm.c_fan

I would like to request LM.C (because i love them and they are awesome!), Utada Hikaru, SID (that would be awesome!), and Arashi.

Kazuko

Quote from: iKuraudo on September 12, 2008, 12:16:39 AM

wow, Im going to have to agree with Pyron on this.
You do know visual kei dead right? its been dead for a looong time and those who were probally in visual changed their ways and not considered visual, though oshare kei came from it...its still pretty tasteless
X-Japan wwww they only got together for a touring special if Im correct
Miyavi and the gazette are horrible either their songs sound repeated or its just gobbldy goop
as for FLOW there are other songs out their than just the geass op.
Everyone knew gackt isnt on hiatus he dosent like to be in the public eye

Onmyo-za is an interesting choice to bring to fanime, not only did they do an op for basalisk but they toured in NY (correct me if Im wrong). Also Plastic Tree because I like how the group sound constantly change in each album also they did a global tour and did come to the US it was not announced massively if im right

shy-cosplayer