Fanimecon 09' Concert, What band would you suggest?

Started by Gekido 87, May 31, 2008, 01:03:13 PM

Yunri-Chan

BoA.

She's H U G E all over Asia, and she recently debuted in America, so I think she'd be perfect. :3 [wiki & website]

Some other bands I'd suggest... since everyone's offering Japanese bands, here are some other Asian ones that are really popular right now:

- Wonder Girls (they're debuting in USA in 09)
- DBSK
- Big Bang
- Lee Hyori

Yahh :3
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

Kazuko

Quote from: Mootelp on November 27, 2008, 03:22:09 AM
I believe Maximum the Hormone is actually a good choice, but my top two are
Moi Dix Mois
and Abingdon Boys School.
Hahah Moi Dix Mois, Let me know when Mana stops being a jerk and makes better music
They tanked after Juka left =\ but they didnt start very well to begin with. Anyway as I remember Mana just got off his ban with Sony Music so hes probally gonna be busy busting out a new CD plus hes promoting Kannon Wakeshima arround since shes the first female on his label. Plus I dont think Mana took too well with US fans when he came to AX ^^;; I heard about the crazy storys like this one girl that asked to marry him and what not, he didnt seem too happy about that.

haetae

I'd love to request COALTAR OF THE DEEPERS again... >_>;

If not, then I request TOKUSATSU!

http://www.okenkikaku.jp/okenkikaku/tokusatsu/index.html

Otsuki Kenji & NARASAKI!

Otsuki Kenji is known for doing the ending of Welcome to NHK and the opening themes for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. He RECENTLY did a song for the anime sims game, STAR MINE GIRL.

gah... *desperate for Coaltar of the Deepers*... hahaha....

GomenNasaiPro

I'd like to suggest Asian Kung Fu Generation. Because they played for intro's and endings for

Bleach
Naruto
and etc.
so yeah

Mootelp

Quote from: GomenNasaiPro on November 27, 2008, 02:24:01 PM
I'd like to suggest Asian Kung Fu Generation. Because they played for intro's and endings for

Bleach
Naruto
and etc.
so yeah
Their good.
Why

Ajikan

I doubt Asian Kung Fu Generation would come because they're kinda too big of a band for Fanime XD Although I really would love to see them come. They're my absolute favorite band. If AKG is not possible, I suggest bands such as Eastern Youth, Art School, The Back Horn, and redballoon. They're all great J Rock bands. I would of suggested ELLEGARDEN but they're broken up if I'm not mistaken?

PyronIkari

Quote from: Ajikan on December 01, 2008, 06:57:46 PM
I doubt Asian Kung Fu Generation would come because they're kinda too big of a band for Fanime XD Although I really would love to see them come. They're my absolute favorite band. If AKG is not possible, I suggest bands such as Eastern Youth, Art School, The Back Horn, and redballoon. They're all great J Rock bands. I would of suggested ELLEGARDEN but they're broken up if I'm not mistaken?

Elle is on "break". AKG is more about getting their contact and if their producers will do so. AKG isn't exactly a big band, despite what animu nerds think. Comparatively they're small compared to a lot of other bands(even Bump of Chicken is technically bigger than them now).

Knowing what I do about what's happening with AX and Otakon's guest relations... AKG would be... kinda small ^^.

But they're hardly a band that I really want to see. I see them as the same way I see Orange Range. If you release a looooooooooooooooooooooooooot of stuff... eventually you'll release something good. The inconsistency in their music and style makes me think they do it just to be popular over writing music that's good.

I think as of right now... the band I would promote the most to be a guest(that isn't already going to a different con this year that I know about)... is Bump of Chicken. 2007/2008 were huge years for them as they released a major album, and their songs were used to promote a lot of major movies released those years. So their in a slower time right now, but still doing things. They did the Tales of the Abyss OP and are nerds themselves. They're a big well-known group but they're not media whores or anything like that.

starchildrose

I would totally love to see;
the Gazette
DBSK
MUCC
UVERworld
L'arc~en~ciel

petdiekatze

I am Kitty. Hear me meow.

How do I sound like a good book? Just because I wield a pen does not mean I write myself.

wings_of_an_angel

i wanna see BoA she has recently debuted in the u.s. and she'd be perfect for musicfest she is a majorly big singer all over asia and would  she would get many people to come and watch her perform and if theres an autograph signings dont make it a requirement to get an autograph ticket when its unfair that only a limited amout of people gets to have an autograph

Kazuko

Well I would think an autograph ticket would be easier to maintain line control look what it did for an cafe sure alot of people didnt get a ticket for autograph but hey its not the end of the world. Realize that artists get tired their hands cramp after signing a certain amount of things so thats why there is usually a ticket or cap for a number of people to see an artist. Musicfest artist usually have autograph signings for like a certain hour. But sometimes they will go out of their way to get an extra hour for their fans because they love them. But its also up to their management as well since they make the deal with fanimecon for the artist to come to the US

Nanashi

Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

heartsofthedead

I have too many...h,,, but i'll name a few

UVERworld
girugamesh
Alice Nine
Nightmare (Naitomea)
Plastic Tree

Sen

Monobright

I think they would be a blast to watch live. They did a tribute song for Detroit Metal City called WARP.
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

wickedbi1ch

~ Life's easy because of its hardships....

FANIME '09!!!!!!

SatoshiS

Let's bring over something that we've NEVER brought over to Music Fest. I propose....

DEATH JAZZ

Okay, maybe there's a reason why we've never brought something like that before, but bear with me here. The band that I'm suggesting is Soil & "Pimp" Sessions , a relatively new jazz ensemble from Japan. Yeah, they did ONE anime song (for Michiko to Hatchin), but that's not why I think they'd great here. After watching many youtube videos, the energy they possess for live shows is insane, but that's not too hard to expect when one of the band member's title is "Agitator". Yeah, there's a guy who doesn't play anything and just screams. I'd feel sorry for the band who has to compete with THAT energy. I don't think they're TOO hard to get, but if we somehow get The Seatbelts too, the potential for a godly jam session. :D   

Here's a sample of them live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OonUvebQP_k&feature=related

How could you NOT want to be there?! :D

Nina Star 9

Tony

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 01, 2008, 09:52:10 PM
Knowing what I do about what's happening with AX and Otakon's guest relations... AKG would be... kinda small ^^.
Heh, tell me about it...
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

richyiko

Is it too late to put my two cents in?  I would also like to see BOA and/or Wonder Girls.  Also, Melody (but I heard that she retired or is retiring). Lastly, Hangry & Angry.  They're going to be at the Sakura-con on April 10-12, 2009.  They were just formed this year and are former members of Morning Musume (most people on this forum will probably say "No way!" or stronger language, but oh well)  They do more rock than the pop that Morning Musume does.