Fanimecon 09' Concert, What band would you suggest?

Started by Gekido 87, May 31, 2008, 01:03:13 PM

arkmay

Hey SatoshiS  thanks! It really was a blast for us all. We did just do a new album for major label in Japan, and our hoping to tour there this year! (That would be so amazing!)

wings_of_an_angel

i wanna see BoA the k-pop/j-pop singer
she's currently living in l.a. and promoting her u.s. album
she sang my favorite inuyasha song

ELDEMONIO

I would skip work and go see them and Rock out with my Death Note in one hand, and my Death Note keychain in the other. ;D

It's probably impossible for the guys in charge to book them but that would be my dream to see them at least once.
Once that happenes, this former gang member turned anime fan can finally be at peace with my past.

PyronIkari

Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on January 30, 2009, 05:50:28 PM
I would skip work and go see them and Rock out with my Death Note in one hand, and my Death Note keychain in the other. ;D

It's probably impossible for the guys in charge to book them but that would be my dream to see them at least once.
Once that happenes, this former gang member turned anime fan can finally be at peace with my past.

It's not really impossible to book them. It's not like they're some huge group or anything, they're pretty small realistically.

Though it's sad that you'd bring your "Death Note" and keychain like that. You act as if those are the only songs they've done. I feel sorry for bands that are "only popular because they did an anime op". Because it's proof of their failure.

GomenNasaiPro

well I don't even know if this bands is possible to book but I would like to suggest: Asian Kung Fu Generation, Home made Kazoku and Burning Tree Project

ELDEMONIO

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 30, 2009, 07:47:00 PM
Quote from: DarkShinigamiX3 on January 30, 2009, 05:50:28 PM

It's not really impossible to book them. It's not like they're some huge group or anything, they're pretty small realistically.

Though it's sad that you'd bring your "Death Note" and keychain like that. You act as if those are the only songs they've done. I feel sorry for bands that are "only popular because they did an anime op". Because it's proof of their failure.

Well, those 2 songs did get me to like Japanese music. But I also like their other songs like Koi No Mega Lover and Rolling1000toon.
I like most of their songs so watching them would be a dream for me. And the skinny dude's voice is awsome.

chifunii

I'd be the happiest person on the face of the planet.

alice nine.
the GazettE
miyavi
Kagrra,
SuG

(Well, and Kra and SCREW, but I don't know them that well)...

They're all welcome in my book. I'd kill to see any of them. D:
Nightmare isn't half bad either. Yomi = <3 His voice is amazing for such a tiny guy. xDDD

There are others as well, but these are my top favorites~
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Kyra_Maverick

I would really like to see either Utada Hikaru or BoA. Both are releasing US albums in March, so it would be great advertising for them.

zoupzuop2

Go2, or Fastway and Ace of Initial D.
They've been doing gigs in Italy, alongside Domino (Parapara Paradise, "Mickey Mouse March", along with countless others) and Giorgia V (famous Italian cosplayer and Eurobeat singer). Perhaps Avex would be willing to extend their reach to places in which their iTunes albums could stand the boost in popularity, in a venue that is more than willing to accept them?
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

keita886

I would like to see AAA XDDD
Please please invite them~~~~!!! :D

petit ningyou

Some of these are probably impossible but... these would definitely be awesome musical guests:

II Mix Delta, ALI PROJECT, Aural Vampire, Ayabie, Boom Boom Satellites, DJ SiSeN, DuelJewel, Haruko Momoi, mothercoat, T.M.Revolution, Tommy february6, Vidoll, Yuki Kajiura...

God91125

Nina Star 9

I just discovered another orange pekoe live video on Youtube today... I think I would die of happiness if they came to Fanime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0dlcDQeRQE
You can't say that you wouldn't love to be there.

Some other videos of theirs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7HVIeQuwxw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToVXOb1Ss0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TEHTEuTCkw (My favourite of theirs... I wish I could find a live video of it, since they are mo much better live *___*)

...But I'd take JiLL-Decoy association or paris match instead. ;P

bluechokobo

Quote from: wings_of_an_angel on January 28, 2009, 10:55:26 PM
i wanna see BoA the k-pop/j-pop singer
she's currently living in l.a. and promoting her u.s. album
she sang my favorite inuyasha song

Ok I'm going to go a little crazy with this idea I vote the Wonder Girls.  They are trying to break into the US and doing some shows on the East/West coast so it is a possibility

My other wishes is Pay Money for My Pain and Glory Hill

About the Boa comment  she is going to be a guest performer at Kollaboration in L.A. http://www.kollaboration.org/Tickets/Los-Angeles/Khype-Tickets.html  My guess is she may do one or two songs and that's it. So if  you really love BoA and live in the area there is your chance to see her up close.

KuroNek0

This may be impossible since they've gone major recently, but I would die if D were to come T ~T
Uhm...Versailles would be my second suggestion...

But I don't mind being introduced to new bands at Fanime either.  :)

Lexy

AAA (トリプル・エー)
Maximum the Hormone

(Yes, please!) :D
Let's Play Channel
PSN: Lexy-

ayaminamino

I wanna see Gazette!!!~~~~~ If not, I would prefer Alice Nine... Give me at least one visual kei band plz~
~Aya~>.<!!!

chifunii

Well. Miyavi is welcome in my book. If loves his fans and has great energy. But id rather see a9, SuG, or the gazette

chifunii

Sorry. If = he. My cell doesnt like typing out what i really mean

michimichu

AHHHH. There are so many musicians I would love to see but I'm sure it's pretty much impossible for the ones I'm thinking of:
Miyavi, SuG, the GazettE, LM.c, Kagrra, Gackt, HYDE or An Cafe. Pretty sure An Cafe won't be back here though. Give us jrock musicians again, please !!

BoA and Utada Hikaru, too. Oh and maybe Kokusyoku Sumire. 8D Yeahh.