Fanimecon 09' Concert, What band would you suggest?

Started by Gekido 87, May 31, 2008, 01:03:13 PM

Kobun

WTH, why not....  Second for Keichi Tsuchiya....   He can play a song with the engine note of a NSX-R or with those weird musical tires that Advan released.
Member Of SNM Productions

Saving the land of Hyrule since 1987!!

A Tale of Swords and Souls, Eternally Retold!

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

belldandyamz

I agree the concert should not be at the sametime as the Black and white dance.

As far as who should sing at the concert, I still think Ramen and Rice should open and then Yoko Ishida should be the main event.

Ishida has sung the theme songs for various series, including Sailor Moon R, Ah! My Goddess, and Shakugan no Shana, as well as the songs on the Para Para Max cd's.
more info here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=7316

Oh my other suggestion... if Yoko Ishida is not available is:Orange Range
Besides there long history of being a wonderful band in japan with many many hits.
their songs have apeared in: Bleach (TV), Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (TV), Naruto (TV), and Densha Otoko (live-action movie).
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=17933

slifertheskydragon

KNOTLAMP

... please...

They sing quite a few Engrish songs~ I felt bad when i couldn't understand the lyrics that ancafe (despite their music being AWESOME) was singing last year...

Levistus

Maximum the hormone would be amazing...

however Flow and the Pillows would be just as good.

BumbleB

Another vote for Maximum the Hormone.   :D
Death Note 4ever.
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

Touya no Miko

There is one band that comes across my mind.

Radwimps. The lead singer is very fluent in English, they even have some songs in english as well. Not sure how well known they are, or if obtaining them is even possible.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

sushicow

Fantastic Plastic Machine? Yes? ;) *thumbs up*?
Arroyo High School Anime Club Officer:
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

Eri Kagami

I recommend Far East Movement. They're stateside, but I'm not quite sure where in the states are they located.

And in my dreams, I recommend Fantastic Plastic Machine and Pizzicato Five.

raltga

I haven't been really seriously following Japanese popular music for a while now (5+ years?), so my suggestion are not only probably not relevant in terms of current trends (it also is  really close to the event now so how would this matter anyway?).  I will post my sort of "dream" line up:

Yellow Magic Orchestra (I would pay over $100 for this event alone)
Pizzicato 5
The Brilliant Green
The Pillows
Cornelius
SION
Blankey Jet City (might have spelling wrong)
Bump of Chicken
Yokko Kano
Buffalo Daughter

I know a lot of these fall under the "yeah, right." category, but wow fanime would become so damn epic if any one of them would come play it.  As far as past music fests go having Swinging Popsicles was by far my favorite fanime music-fest experience, bar-none.

otaku_duckie

I totally Second the brilliant green!!!! I would love for them to be at Fanime, plus they're a brand new band so they would probably agree to it sense they need more media attention!!
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

PyronIkari

Quote from: otaku_duckie on April 17, 2009, 04:45:11 PM
I totally Second the brilliant green!!!! I would love for them to be at Fanime, plus they're a brand new band so they would probably agree to it sense they need more media attention!!

HJHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHA HAH AHAH AHAH AH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

The Brilliant Green is new?

The Brilliant Green just got back together a year and a half ago, they formed a looooooooooong time ago. Tomoko is the lead singer. She went single(which officially killed The Brilliant Green) and became Tommy February. Then Tommy Heavenly. Then they got back together.

Man... I remember loving "There Will Be Love..." back in like... 96. It was sorta old by then too.

otaku_duckie

Quote from: PyronIkari on April 17, 2009, 08:45:48 PM
Quote from: otaku_duckie on April 17, 2009, 04:45:11 PM

HJHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHA HAH AHAH AHAH AH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

The Brilliant Green is new?

The Brilliant Green just got back together a year and a half ago, they formed a looooooooooong time ago. Tomoko is the lead singer. She went single(which officially killed The Brilliant Green) and became Tommy February. Then Tommy Heavenly. Then they got back together.

Man... I remember loving "There Will Be Love..." back in like... 96. It was sorta old by then too.

oh I didn't know that. I've listened to Tommy Heavenly before and never knew she was from brilliant green!!! Yay The more you know!! thanks for the info
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

raltga

yeah i had no idea they broke up or reformed, shows how long it's been since i've followed japanese pop music lol

Fresh V

Oh my god, I'd seriously have a fangasm if The Brilliant Green came! I've been like obsessed with them ever since I found out about them after hearing Ash Like Snow in Gundam 00. They're so awesome! Tomoko's solo projects are great too. Well, I only like a few songs from tommyfebruary, but I love most of tommyheavenly's songs.
QuoteMan... I remember loving "There Will Be Love..." back in like... 96. It was sorta old by then too.
Actually they formed in 1997. They went on hiatus in 2002 when Tomoko went and did her solo projects, and they made a comeback a couple years ago. However, it's been a long time since their last single, Ash Like Snow. I hope they're not on hiatus again. I want a new album. =/

But anyway, Tomoko Kawase coming to Fanime would be the best thing ever. There's probably less than a 1% chance of it happening, but hey, I can dream, right?

Meirin

Quote from: raltga on April 17, 2009, 02:03:56 AM
Pizzicato 5

They probably warrant their own venues, nevermind Fanime. :'D I'd totally hit that, mang.

bless4 is cool. They're practically American.
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

PyronIkari

Quote from: Meirin on April 26, 2009, 10:44:18 PM
Quote from: raltga on April 17, 2009, 02:03:56 AM
Pizzicato 5

They probably warrant their own venues, nevermind Fanime. :'D I'd totally hit that, mang.

bless4 is cool. They're practically American.

Practically? They ARE American. They're from Arizona IIRC. Impossible to get though. Disney owns them. Disney +animu in the US don't really mix.

deonchan

I don't know if anyone has thrown this name out here (and I'm sure she'd be impossible to get but)  think Miliyah Kato would be a great artist to get.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

kollunz

You know what I suggest? I suggest that we're told who's playing, so we can stop suggesting! Just a suggestion..
doot

tenton

Quote from: kollunz on April 29, 2009, 06:40:27 PM
You know what I suggest? I suggest that we're told who's playing, so we can stop suggesting! Just a suggestion..

You mean besides the already announced Music-Fest participants?  ;D