Good food that's BAD for you

Started by BrightHeart76, June 01, 2008, 02:38:44 PM

Kazuko

Penutbutter Mochi x: its so good and yet so bad for you

along with Suspiro Limeno

OMG that shit could give me instant diabeties its sooo sweet

Fries and Pizza

NerdyBirdAsh

Hash browns covered in white sausage gravy and 2 over medium eggs.

Also, deep fried twinkies.
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

BrightHeart76

Quote from: questionette on June 03, 2008, 06:24:47 PM
Carrying this over from the "Weird food combinations" thread...

Monte Cristo sandwichesss

Monte Cristo's are fantastic!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Taka86

I like pie

astroboy

Quote from: questionette on June 02, 2008, 06:01:07 PM
I've been wondering this for awhile - what's the most calorie-dense food in the world?
Food for thought, that is.
I'm not sure if this counts but some athletes who are into extreme sports will literally drink oil as in vegetable, corn, or olive oil. Eating butter might also do the trick!
The human body can only metabolize 6,000 calories so any excess food calories consumed will simply just get flushed through the digestive system without being absorbed. sounds kinda gross huh?

Yes it is possible to burn over 6,000 calories per day in "extreme" conditions.

Spiritsnare

Quote from: Taka86 on June 03, 2008, 09:41:44 PM
Country Fried Bacon.... link says it all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfbTO0GlONU

Wow. That looks frickin' tasty.

It's going to make its way here somehow and become the death of me, I'm sure.
epic progressive

vox

questionette

Quote from: astroboy on June 04, 2008, 01:06:52 AM
Quote from: questionette on June 02, 2008, 06:01:07 PM
I've been wondering this for awhile - what's the most calorie-dense food in the world?
Food for thought, that is.
I'm not sure if this counts but some athletes who are into extreme sports will literally drink oil as in vegetable, corn, or olive oil. Eating butter might also do the trick!
The human body can only metabolize 6,000 calories so any excess food calories consumed will simply just get flushed through the digestive system without being absorbed. sounds kinda gross huh?

Yes it is possible to burn over 6,000 calories per day in "extreme" conditions.

0_0 dude, I was a boxer and I've NEVER heard of someone doing that

If anything the oil would hinder the athlete's progress...

Usually the big guys I know (Ex. a 6'4" 280 lb GIANT MUSCLE named Yohan) eat a TON of protein and complex carbs and blablabla...but oil? hm.

Kaura117

I've never heard of the oil thing, but I do know, for a fact, that some extreme-condition hikers will eat lard along with their regular nutritional supplements. That 6k calorie count is harder to achieve than you'd think, sometimes- and if you burn at or near that level, it's in your best interest to consume that much.

But that's more "bad food that's good for you" than the other way around.

Hrm... Coffee with condensed milk and chips of caffeinated Foosh mints. Way too much sugar for you, and way way WAAAAAYYYY too much caffeine. But I like it so much... ;_; Sweet coffee with a minty aftertaste... and an incomparable burst of energy for those late-night crams.

questionette

oooh here's some food for thought, I just learned this in chemistry :D

The RDA for Vitamin C is 40-60 mg.
Emergen-C has 1000 mg of Vitamin C, Airborne has 1000 mg of Vitamin C, and when taken in recommended amounts on the package they can be toxic.

But guess how much money Vitamin companies make? ;)

Rei-Rei

Going to tops yogurt and making your own combo.
I had fudge yogurt with marshmallow and fudge topping..... A LOT of it. x_x;

XpHoBiaX

those damned oreo cakes...*drool*

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

G.I.R

XpHoBiaX

$20 on Big Red! *gets pot of water boiling*

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

G.I.R

According to the news, Tomatoes.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: G.I.R on June 10, 2008, 08:48:28 AM

I went to McDonald's yesterday.  There was a whole page letter taped to every window explaining that for our health they were not serving any sandwiches with tomatoes, cause the tomatoes may kill us.  I laughed...wondered how long until they post flyers saying for our health they will no longer serve Big Mac's. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

questionette

Quote from: G.I.R on June 05, 2008, 01:06:44 AM

OMGOMGOMG

That reminds me!
Ok so I work in a restaurante and we serve seafood.  Well this one time we got a huge shipment of crabs in, and the kitchen guys decided to let one out (not too sure if it was on purpose or accident...) and it was running around snapping its claws at everyone. Then SOMEHOW it got ahold of a knife and it was walking around waving it in everyone's faces XD It even cut one of the kitchen guys!!

Poor crab.  But it was sooo funny to watch.

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on June 10, 2008, 02:09:32 PM

I went to McDonald's yesterday.  There was a whole page letter taped to every window explaining that for our health they were not serving any sandwiches with tomatoes, cause the tomatoes may kill us.  I laughed...wondered how long until they post flyers saying for our health they will no longer serve Big Mac's. 

Woahh wait! HOLDUP!
Why are tomatoes bad for you? Does it have to do with pesticides?

:-/ I just had a caprese salad (tomatoe, mozzarella, balsamic vinagarette)
Oops. Well if you guys don't hear from me you'll know what happened

G.I.R

Wait, Mac Donalds serves something with actual tomatoes on it?

SOawesomeness

Apparently tomatoes now has Salmonella[I think] in it. :00 That's why it's bad for you.

LOL@questionette. xD
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

BrightHeart76

Quote from: G.I.R on June 10, 2008, 04:31:03 PM

Wait, Mac Donalds serves something with actual tomatoes on it?

Yep, the Big 'n Nasty Tasty is the one that comes to mind, but I think some of the chicken sandwiches have tomatoe too.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Something that I dont actually think is tasty or have I tried, but have seen on Robot Chicken:

Butter with Mayo.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.