So... time for this topic. What are your religious beliefs?

Started by Gatsby, June 01, 2008, 11:06:09 PM

Gatsby

Not meant to be a debate or anything just curious what everyone believes.

Me? I personally don't believe in god but I think there are paranormal activities out there that science can't explain.

SOawesomeness

I believe in God but not necessarily the religion if Christianity (or any of it's denominations, really). There are a lot of things I disagree with... I also find a lot of things really contradictory. :0
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Steve.Young

I believe in myself. Agnostic. Show me some damn hard proof, or get out of the f'ing kitchen.

Scientology scare me. Images of Tom Cruise haunt my dreams.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Gatsby

Scientology scares the living hell out of me. That's why I am going to the June 14th protest in S.J.

Chun

Agnostic, but I think my way of living follows a more atheist path; don't rely on a miracle or chase some old saying, live as you want to live, as no one will magically assist you.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

JTchinoy

agnostic, but i believe in a god.

also, god's not good nor evil.  good and evil are perceptions of only the human mind and a sign of imperfection.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Barnes

Non religious. I just happen to believe that evolution (Charles Darwin) makes sense to me.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Kazuko

Im a christian and yes go LOL it up prepare the harpoons and the man eating sting ray...

But really Not all christians are bad, I know a few who are like totaly against rules and pro choice ect...I am pro choice and all for the whole gay sex marriage thing.

You gotta take in the fact that alot of these "bible pushers" have the whole scare tactic thrown into them so they spread the word and try to force others into the religion and being ignorant to alot of things...like in the south =\

JTchinoy

Quote from: Barnes on June 02, 2008, 12:08:22 AM
Non religious. I just happen to believe that evolution (Charles Darwin) makes sense to me.
how about social darwinism?

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

JohnnyAR

I believe that all religions are just different ways of worshiping the same god, its just like why he created people with different skin colors. I came up with this thing about how most of the single-god religions came. If you put a lot of thought into it, you might think of a way how everything fits together.

XpHoBiaX

I have a sprirtual belief in God. Blind Faith I guess. Of course, I don't think miracles can happen out of the blue, and having your whole faith and lifestyle revolve around what others tell you to do isn't gonna get you anywhere either. I just believe in what I have experienced and what I have learned.

I do believe, if one thing exists(god or gods)...so will another thing exist(ghosts,spirits, demons, etc).

I am also partial to cultural myths and folklore. @.@ (aka, superstitions about spirits, faries, demons etc)

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

~~Loktera~~

I'm a Pastafarian. I worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster. His noodly goodness loves all his children, especially the shorter ones, as they have been touched by his al dente tendrils, thus resulting in their lesser height. They truly are the blessed ones. But the truly high pinnacle of Unintelligent Design and the high holy figures in the beliefs of us Pastafarians is that Pirates are his chosen people.

Another reason why Pirates are better than Ninjas.

His High Noodle, Loves his pirates.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

rubymoonIII

I am a buhhdist so i belive in (some) of the teachings of the dalai lama and  i  dont fear hell nor heaven i fear sadness and spiritual loss(a,e breaking someon to the point where they dont care anymore)  i celebrate the simplethings in life and am happy with what little or alot i haz (right now its currently a little DX) i dont eat pork < tottally random i kno
because according to my religion pig meat is very unclean to eat ( tha and  pig meat has aton of txins in it espcially in america)
tha and i was scarred for life when  i saw a pig get slaughterd in the streets <tha was in mexico
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

Kazuko

depending on the sect of buhhdism I talk to some who listen to the dalai llama but not follow the practices. the whole four noble truths to the cessation of suffering. I have reserched and dabbled in a bit of buhhidsm myself, they are not meat eaters due to the slaughter of animals being cruel. So Its just not eating Pork its not eating any meat, So ruby can you please type a bit cleaer because I cannot even understand what you are saying

rubymoonIII

Quote from: Kazuko on June 03, 2008, 12:46:39 PM
depending on the sect of buhhdism I talk to some who listen to the dalai llama but not follow the practices. the whole four noble truths to the cessation of suffering. I have reserched and dabbled in a bit of buhhidsm myself, they are not meat eaters due to the slaughter of animals being cruel. So Its just not eating Pork its not eating any meat, So ruby can you please type a bit cleaer because I cannot even understand what you are saying

i'm not a perfect buhddist i still eat chicken, cow fish  but pig is onlymeat i dont eat because of the reasoni wrote above XD sorry i wasnt clear i guess the stoopid com erased what i wrotesomehow i follow some of the teachings of the dalai llama not all.
just like not everyone follows the bible like its the law  ( witht he exception of a few people)
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

questionette

Ahhh, religion is such a big topic...too much to discuss...anyways

I don't make religion a part of my life.  AT ALL.  Whatever people want to believe is cool with me as long as they keep it to themselves.  But once they get to the point where they think they need to take it upon themselves to convert other people...that's when things get hairy.  Also I'm reeeallyyy liberal (i'm pretty sure a lot of anime fans are) so Gay marriage? Who cares? Let people love who they want to.  Love doesn't discriminate. 

I'm also heavily into the sciences, so like, my opinion is that religion is just a coping mechanism so people can more easily deal with their problems and have something else to blame (for good and bad).  But hey, that's why I keep my mind open, because maybe I AM wrong and there really IS something out there.  Who really knows?

rubymoonIII

Quote from: JohnnyAR on June 02, 2008, 12:28:26 PM
I believe that all religions are just different ways of worshiping the same god, its just like why he created people with different skin colors. I came up with this thing about how most of the single-god religions came. If you put a lot of thought into it, you might think of a way how everything fits together.
i can see that bieng true it makes sense i mean we have diffrent words for love and freinship and other things why not the same god
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

heeroyuy135

I'm Catholic, but really I'm not that much of a religious person.
However, I do believe that there is a higher power that watches over us, not necessarily God but someone.