With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

TokenBlackGuy

Oh snaps, thats a good chapter and naruto 500. read it peeps.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

BrightHeart76

I know...I stink.  Sorry it's taken me so long to update.  My life has been thrown into the blender, set on puree and served as a creamy frapacinno style drink to unsuspecting passers by.    ::)  The good news is I THINK it's getting ready to settle down again...one never knows.  I am cursed to live an interesting life.  lol

The REALLY good news is that I've finally updated the first page!  YAY!  We already have 15 people on the list...that's pretty impressive there guys.  Let's keep it going.

I have debated deciding our time early (like in the next few weeks).  The upside is that other gatherings would know when we're planning to meet and we would have fewer overlaps.  Last year we had some pretty major overlaps that affected our gathering.  The downside is that we have no idea what is planned for Fanime this year so we might have to change the time later on.  What are your opinions?

The picnic is definately on again for next year, I hope to also do the Friday night meet up too...cause that was the kind of fun that makes Fanime awesome.  This is the first year for Eeri-chan's Naruto Pairings Gathering as well.  If you guys want to add events or games please let me know and I'll help you pull it together.   ;D

Continue enjoying your summer!  Keep being awesome!   ;D

P.S. We need new artwork for next year...is anyone here an artist or know an artist willing to do it?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on July 13, 2010, 10:51:32 AM
I know...I stink.  Sorry it's taken me so long to update.  My life has been thrown into the blender, set on puree and served as a creamy frapacinno style drink to unsuspecting passers by.    ::)  The good news is I THINK it's getting ready to settle down again...one never knows.  I am cursed to live an interesting life.  lol

The REALLY good news is that I've finally updated the first page!  YAY!  We already have 15 people on the list...that's pretty impressive there guys.  Let's keep it going.

I have debated deciding our time early (like in the next few weeks).  The upside is that other gatherings would know when we're planning to meet and we would have fewer overlaps.  Last year we had some pretty major overlaps that affected our gathering.  The downside is that we have no idea what is planned for Fanime this year so we might have to change the time later on.  What are your opinions?

The picnic is definately on again for next year, I hope to also do the Friday night meet up too...cause that was the kind of fun that makes Fanime awesome.  This is the first year for Eeri-chan's Naruto Pairings Gathering as well.  If you guys want to add events or games please let me know and I'll help you pull it together.   ;D

Continue enjoying your summer!  Keep being awesome!   ;D

P.S. We need new artwork for next year...is anyone here an artist or know an artist willing to do it?

I'm an artist :) What do I need to draw?

BrightHeart76

Well my criteria is always that the picture must be colorful, it must be large format, high quality. Ideally we can have it blown up onto the banner like this year (thank you AGAIN to EJ who did that for us).  It can and should have a creative flair, but it must stay true to the original characters.  Humor and fun are usually my big key words because that's what the gathering is all about. 

It absolutely MUST have the words "Naruto Gathering Fanime 2011" on it somewhere. 

While different styles are more than welcome, the art has to be original.  Drawing, painting, computer media...whatever floats your boat.   

I'm hoping to have a few for people to choose from this year so if anyone would like to submit some art I'll put all submissions together and do a poll to see which one will go on the front page.  I don't have a submission do date yet.  Rules are in a rough draft phase. 

By the way, I mentioned the first draft of the 2010 drawing at breakfast  this year.  Here is a link to see it.  I really wish the Tobi image would have made it to the final cut.  http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/SlrSparks/fanimepreview.jpg
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

monikamilani

Lol it's so far away and I'm already hyped -__-
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

TokenBlackGuy

I'm looking just for places to find all my stuff, just so i dont have to go on a hide and go see search, later when i need it. Im looking for a light blueish grey hair gye, kind like the hair color in this link.

http://www.cosplaymagic.com/naruto-chojuro-cosplay.html I guess this will end up being the right hair color for the char.

My Cosplay. TBA

TokenBlackGuy

My Cosplay. TBA

Chosen_Entity

Alrighty, so I'm definitely going to the Gathering as Kimimaro, but I'll also be walking around the con as:
Kabutomaru, Akatsuki Orochimaru, and TimeWarp!Orochimaru.

I'll probably be spending most of my time in the last one, so if you all see a corset-donned Oro dancing like a loon to the Time Warp, you'd better join in! XD

Eeri-chan

Quote from: Chosen_Entity on July 23, 2010, 08:40:22 PM
Alrighty, so I'm definitely going to the Gathering as Kimimaro, but I'll also be walking around the con as:
Kabutomaru, Akatsuki Orochimaru, and TimeWarp!Orochimaru.

I'll probably be spending most of my time in the last one, so if you all see a corset-donned Oro dancing like a loon to the Time Warp, you'd better join in! XD

OHMYGOD YAY!!! We have to pose together!!! OHMYGOD!!! And-and-and next year my Lee will be even better because I now have the proper bowl cut wig, I have pink eyeliner so the cheeks will be more obvious, I have a full body suit, AND I WILL HAVE A COMPRESSION SHIRT! NO MORE BOOBS FOR LEE! YAY!

OHMYGOD! I AM SO EXCITED!!! All we need is a Gaara in that hot little red number he wears in that fight scene. :) -squee-[/color]

ICosplayNeji

Well, due to some hardcore coercion from some friends XD, I decided on Senju Hashirama (First Hokage) ;D

BrightHeart76

Awesome!  First Hokage...doesn't that make you my Grandpa or something?   :o

I do not have any kind of go ahead from the powers that be to start organizing our time.  However, after last years insanity I'd like to start that discussion earlier rather than later.  We can always make changes if we need to.

We do not know what fanime events may be going on Fanime Saturday this year.  However, we do know that we have our official Gathering, picnic and Eerie-chan's gathering on that day.  Not to mention all of the other fun / insanity that seems to pop up around the Naruto Gathering.  Also, I'd like to try to set our time before we wind up head to head with other large gatherings like we did last year with the Hetalia group.  I know several of our cosplayers had to miss either Naruto or Hetalia because of this. 

That being said I would like to propose that we make a tentative decision on time now, with the ability to change in the future if we need to.  Agreed?

I would also like to propose that we choose between 11 a.m. and noon.  My reasoning for this is that it is late enough in the morning that people who stayed up late partying / doing the music fest thing can sleep in a little before the gathering.  Also, if Registration keeps their traditional hours it gives people registering that day a chance to get that done before the gathering.  It's also early enough that people doing masquerade shouldn't be inconvenienced and the heat shouldn't be too bad.

I'm not going to put up a poll.  This time I would prefer if you would post your opinions and any ideas, questions or concerns in a message.  I'll tally them later. 

Please, discuss..debate...make silly jokes. It's what we do best here in the Naruto Gathering.   :D 

I vote for 11...cause it's cooler.

Eeri-chan

Well, since I'm online still--when am I not?--I'll put in my two cents.

I think that eleven is a good time because the heat really is an issue. This year, I was sweating bullets in that tight spandex suit of mine--granted it was three pieces with the top piece being the most uncomfortable, but still. Plus leg warmers! Those are hot too! -cough- Yeah.

Also, as I mentioned in the Pairing forum, since I do want that gathering to coincide with this one, if this starts at eleven everyone from that gathering will already be gathered (if I can get a ten o'clock time). Then again, I suppose it works out the same way if it starts at twelve, but I think it would be harder for the Pairing gathering to get an eleven o'clock time since it wasn't there this year. :/ Etto...

I don't know, but I think it's also good because then that means the picnic can start at twelve, which gives us all plenty of time to have fun, so if people have to leave for the masquerade or another gathering, there is still a chance to enjoy stuff!

Chosen_Entity

I second that! I would love not sweating like a fiend this year. :3

Dragon Ninja

I'm good with any time, I have a flexible schedule.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

ICosplayNeji

I'm pretty much fine for any time. I just want to make sure there's enough time in between the regular gathering and Eeri-chan's gathering for a cosplay change. I plan to try and be Neji for that one and there may be other cosplayers who have other gatherings before too and are in a similar situation.

TokenBlackGuy

oh snaps two gathering in the same day, Icosplayneji, thats crazy lol

My Cosplay. TBA

ICosplayNeji

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on July 24, 2010, 10:47:54 PM
oh snaps two gathering in the same day, Icosplayneji, thats crazy lol

lol, I don't think it's that crazy. Is it? ^^;

TokenBlackGuy

its probobly not, i am a cosplay noob though so i dont know

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

There are people who spend the entire weekend at gatherings.  Doing quick changes and running to and from the hotel between them.  Now THATS either crazy or dedicated...you make the call.  lol.

Can you guys believe that it's almost August?  Good gravy what happened to summer?  I feel like I missed most of it.  What are you all planning to do with the remaining weeks of summer? 

ICosplayNeji

Man, I really didn't even get a summer :'( I had to take the summer semester at school for insurance reasons :P UGH. Fanime was my summer vacation ;D