With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on January 31, 2009, 08:15:40 PM
Currently Spin the Bottle is winning.  Not a problem.  However, as I've said before I will not take part in this event...if you guys want to do it someone needs to step forward to be the person to run the game and be responsible to make sure it runs smoothly, is planned out and has the needed supplies.  If you want to run this part of the gathering please PM me to let me know who's running what. 

:)
If everyone's fine with it I'd be happy to organize spin the bottle. But what kind of spin the bottle is it? hugs or kisses or what? Also that Bacchikoi thing looks cool I watched the video and WOW! I have to agree with Druix was my brain just violated?

roth14

I think spin the bottle should be a combination of both Hugs or kisses. People can choose which one they want to do.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on February 01, 2009, 11:24:14 AM
Currently Spin the Bottle is winning.  Not a problem.  However, as I've said before I will not take part in this event...if you guys want to do it someone needs to step forward to be the person to run the game and be responsible to make sure it runs smoothly, is planned out and has the needed supplies.  If you want to run this part of the gathering please PM me to let me know who's running what. 

If everyone's fine with it I'd be happy to organize spin the bottle. But what kind of spin the bottle is it? hugs or kisses or what? Also that Bacchikoi thing looks cool I watched the video and WOW! I have to agree with Druix was my brain just violated?

It's totally your call.  Hugs or kisses is at your descrition as participants.  Just remember, if one of the people being hugged or kissed says no... you don't continue to try to hug or kiss them...just move on. 

I plan to leave the event poll up for a while longer, but if the question is still in the air once this poll is over I can put up a poll asking if people preffer hugs or kisses in spin the bottle if they choose to play.

I'm thinking it would be good to do BINGO before the gathering, Caramelldansen and/or Bacchikoi during the gather and Spin the Bottle at the end / after the gathering.  I'm also going to go get lunch after the gathering, if any of you would like to come along (and pay for your own lunch) to chat and enjoy some like minded ninja company you're more than welcome to come along.  :)

WOW...we have a lot going on this year don't we?  How do you guys feel about how things are coming along?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 01, 2009, 12:29:21 PM
Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on February 01, 2009, 11:24:14 AM

It's totally your call.  Hugs or kisses is at your descrition as participants.  Just remember, if one of the people being hugged or kissed says no... you don't continue to try to hug or kiss them...just move on. 

I plan to leave the event poll up for a while longer, but if the question is still in the air once this poll is over I can put up a poll asking if people preffer hugs or kisses in spin the bottle if they choose to play.

I'm thinking it would be good to do BINGO before the gathering, Caramelldansen and/or Bacchikoi during the gather and Spin the Bottle at the end / after the gathering.  I'm also going to go get lunch after the gathering, if any of you would like to come along (and pay for your own lunch) to chat and enjoy some like minded ninja company you're more than welcome to come along.  :)

WOW...we have a lot going on this year don't we?  How do you guys feel about how things are coming along?
Ok I'll take care of spin the bottle :D I agree that BINGO should be before the gathering because last year there was a pretty good turnout when it was before. Is BINGO going to be in the same place as last year?

BrightHeart76

Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on February 03, 2009, 07:24:03 AM
Is BINGO going to be in the same place as last year?

probably not.  It took a lot more time than I expected to get from Tabletop gaming down to the gathering.  As long as the weather holds I figure we can hold it down by the gathering.  I'll have a megaphone so that should work.  :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

PinkHairSasuke

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 03, 2009, 02:15:07 PM
Quote from: sasukeuchiha92 on February 03, 2009, 07:24:03 AM
Is BINGO going to be in the same place as last year?

probably not.  It took a lot more time than I expected to get from Tabletop gaming down to the gathering.  As long as the weather holds I figure we can hold it down by the gathering.  I'll have a megaphone so that should work.  :)
Ok cool

BrightHeart76

We are up to date again.  Correct me if I'm wrong...but I believe we currently have the most cosplayers listed on ANY gathering thread for Fanime 2009.  Why?  Cause you guys are THE BEST!

I put up a tentative schedule for the gathering.  It is in the first post in purple.  This is only tentative and is subject to change at a whim...but it gives us an idea of what we're looking at.  What do you guys think?  Too much?  It's good?  Let me know what you're thinking.

Also, we currently do not have an Orochimaru.  I'm sure there will be at least one at the gathering, but if you know anyone who will be coming as the snake-freak  Orochimaru, let me know.  It would be heartbreaking if we don't have at least one picture with the Sanin.   :P

BrightHeart76

No new updates this week.

Looking at the Fanime.com page I see we only have 103 days until Fanime.  Holy Crumbs in a bucket!  Where did time go?  lol.

Hope you guys are starting to get excited.  How is everyone doing with prep for their cosplays?

Let me know if there's anything on you minds.  Any ideas, plans or thoughts. 

Shawny

@BrightHeart76:  Thanks for keeping us organized and up to date.  I appreciate it!  On the games poll, I am indifferent.

I was reviewing the list of Naruto cosplayers for this gathering.  I'm very surprised that no one has said that they're going as Naruto in sage mode from manga chapter 430 (and up).  It's been a few weeks since that chapter came out and I know there will be people with his new outfit at Fanime.

Guess what?  I made Naruto's new red-and-black-flame cloak.  I don't even intend to cosplay as Naruto.  Haha.  I just had to make that cloak.  ;D

Pictures and details on my journal: Toad Sage Naruto Cloak

Quote from: brie on June 16, 2008, 02:20:29 PM
I'm excited for the next Naruto gathering, this year was so much fun!! (:
I'll be going as Genin (younger) Kiba again. I hope that little Hinata comes back because she was so adorable! *___*

Little Hinata has outgrown her costume.  She'll be back if I can find some time to make her a new one.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Shawny on February 08, 2009, 02:03:38 PM
@BrightHeart76:  Thanks for keeping us organized and up to date.  I appreciate it!  On the games poll, I am indifferent.

I was reviewing the list of Naruto cosplayers for this gathering.  I'm very surprised that no one has said that they're going as Naruto in sage mode from manga chapter 430 (and up).  It's been a few weeks since that chapter came out and I know there will be people with his new outfit at Fanime.

Guess what?  I made Naruto's new red-and-black-flame cloak.  I don't even intend to cosplay as Naruto.  Haha.  I just had to make that cloak.  ;D

Quote from: brie on June 16, 2008, 02:20:29 PM
I'm excited for the next Naruto gathering, this year was so much fun!! (:
I'll be going as Genin (younger) Kiba again. I hope that little Hinata comes back because she was so adorable! *___*

Little Hinata has outgrown her costume.  She'll be back if I can find some time to make her a new one.

OMG!  That is an AMAZING jacket!  I kinda wish I was a guy so I could wear that.  WOW! 

Shawny

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 08, 2009, 02:52:13 PM
Quote from: Shawny on February 08, 2009, 02:03:38 PM

OMG!  That is an AMAZING jacket!  I kinda wish I was a guy so I could wear that.  WOW! 

Thanks!  ;D  I had fun making it.

CountMetal

I enjoyed last year's gathering and hoping to make it to Fanime this year. If I did make it I will reprise my Sasuke (Black Outfit).

BrightHeart76

Um...ok...sometimes I don't catch onto things very quickly.  This may have been around for awhile.  However, if it's new to me it's gotta be new to someone else too.

Go to iTunes and do a search for Naruto...listen to the songs by Eddie Rath off the album Naruto 2009.  Seriously?  I can not stop laughing.  There is a very good chance that half way thru class tomorrow my students may hear me chanting "Itachi"...can't type...laughing too hard.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Edit:  That came off wrong.  More power to anyone who is willing to express their fandom thru their art.  Be it cosplay, drawing, writing, sculpting or even singing.   I'm laughing because I was seriously caught off guard by this.  I never put Naruto together with rap in my head.  It's funny to listen to an anime put to a harder hip hop style. 

Kaname_Tousen

Count in. I'll be coming as Kakuzu.

roth14

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 11, 2009, 07:40:01 PM
Um...ok...sometimes I don't catch onto things very quickly.  This may have been around for awhile.  However, if it's new to me it's gotta be new to someone else too.

Go to iTunes and do a search for Naruto...listen to the songs by Eddie Rath off the album Naruto 2009.  Seriously?  I can not stop laughing.  There is a very good chance that half way thru class tomorrow my students may hear me chanting "Itachi"...can't type...laughing too hard.    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Edit:  That came off wrong.  More power to anyone who is willing to express their fandom thru their art.  Be it cosplay, drawing, writing, sculpting or even singing.   I'm laughing because I was seriously caught off guard by this.  I never put Naruto together with rap in my head.  It's funny to listen to an anime put to a harder hip hop style. 

I also laughed when I heard this. But when I don't really listen to the lyrics the sound and his voice actually sound good. I guess this is also a good sign how popular Naruto is :D

BrightHeart76

**chirp chirp** hear the crickets chirping.  Seriously people.  We have the most cosplayers of any group on the boards only 12 pages of posts.  That's kinda scary.  TALK!! Please!

Possible subjects:

Regualr Naruto is almost done on Cartoon Network.  There is no word if they will pick up Shippuden yet.  What do you think is going to happen?

What photo groups should we have at the Gathering?  Teams?  Ninja groups?  Villages?  People who are still alive to this point in the manga?  People who have kicked the bucket to this point in the manga?  Bad guys?  Good guys?  Combine both parts of teh series?  Seperate Original series from Shippuden?  Ideas?  Is anyone practicing poses?  If so, do you need a Tsunade?  ;D

Why is unfair that I can find the Naruto Nikes for sale in my size, but there is no way on this planet I could afford them?

What do you want to happen at the gathering?

Does your pinky toe itch? 

Anything!  Just talk!  I'm begining to feel lonely.   :'(

Come on guys!  98 days till Fanime...let's get talking!!!

Shawny

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 12, 2009, 10:48:35 PM
**chirp chirp** hear the crickets chirping.  Seriously people.  We have the most cosplayers of any group on the boards only 12 pages of posts.  That's kinda scary.  TALK!! Please!

Possible subjects:

Regualr Naruto is almost done on Cartoon Network.  There is no word if they will pick up Shippuden yet.  What do you think is going to happen?

What photo groups should we have at the Gathering?  Teams?  Ninja groups?  Villages?  People who are still alive to this point in the manga?  People who have kicked the bucket to this point in the manga?  Bad guys?  Good guys?  Combine both parts of teh series?  Seperate Original series from Shippuden?  Ideas?  Is anyone practicing poses?  If so, do you need a Tsunade?  ;D

Why is unfair that I can find the Naruto Nikes for sale in my size, but there is no way on this planet I could afford them?

What do you want to happen at the gathering?

Does your pinky toe itch? 

Anything!  Just talk!  I'm begining to feel lonely.   :'(

Come on guys!  98 days till Fanime...let's get talking!!!

You're really bored, aren't you?   ;D

Okay.  I'll bite.  I don't usually post because I (a) don't want to bore people with random chatter, (b) don't want to spam, and (c) don't have much to say about my Naruto cosplay plans for Fanime since my Kurenai costume is already complete.

On Naruto and Cartoon Network: Don't know.  Don't care.  As a general rule, I can't stand dubs.  Therefore, I've never watched Naruto on CN.  I get my Naruto via fansubs.

On photo groups:

Teams?  Yes. 
Ninja groups?  ???  Aren't we all ninjas? 
Villages?  Sure. 
People who are still alive to this point in the manga?
  Okay. 
People who have kicked the bucket to this point in the manga?  Err... I'm not so sure about that.  Sounds morbid to me! 
Bad guys?  Okay. 
Good guys?  Okay.
Combine both parts of teh series?  I don't know.  I always find it odd to see pictures of original Naruto characters with Shippuuden characters together.
Seperate Original series from Shippuden?  Yes!
Ideas? 

The romantic in me would love to see cosplay pairs (i.e. SasuSaku, NaruHina, NejiTen, etc.) but I don't think that would be a good idea in a gathering as large as this one.  It could easily get out of hand.  Maybe I'll just steal a few cosplayers away from the group to take some pictures in a quieter location.  I would also love to get a picture with all of the Rookie 9 and Team Gai together - with only one of each character.  I don't think I've ever seen that before.  It surprises me because the Rookies and Team Gai are featured together in so many of the anime's openings and endings.

Is anyone practicing poses?  If so, do you need a Tsunade?  Nope.  Sorry!

:o  They have Naruto Nikes?!  *googles*  Hey!  That's pretty cool!  I see that several online stores are selling them for about $70-$75, pre-shipping and pre-tax.  They're a bit pricey for shoes, but it's not that bad compared to normal Nikes.  From what I can tell, the Naruto Nikes are Air Max 360, right?  Normal Air Max 360 retails for about the same or moreI am soooo tempted!

At the gathering, I hope to meet a few Naruto fans who don't scare me.  (No offense intended.  I love Naruto.  I cosplay from Naruto.  And I even jokingly refer to myself as a "Narutard".  But...)  I've seen some Naruto fans who kind of freak me out.  I also hope to take a few pictures and have my own picture taken.  Then, if the group going out to lunch small, I'll join.  I don't like big group lunches.  Big groups take forever to get seated and served!

Does your pinky toe itch?  *laughs*  No.

To keep this post more or less Naruto Cosplay Related...

EDIT: I'm selling my Naruto Sage CloakI'm offering it to someone on this forum first, because I said I would, but if he doesn't want it, then it's for sale.  He doesn't want it, so it's for SALE.

President's Day Sale at Joann's this weekend!  I'm going shopping.  ;D  I plan to pick up fabric and supplies to re-make my daughter's Little Hinata costume.  Little Hinata will be back, but Little Naruto won't.  Last year, my son was so little that he didn't want to be out in the convention center during the day.  (The big crowds upset him.)  Little Naruto didn't like all the attention, so he was only in costume for a very short while, before we went back to the hotel room to change him.

I want to make Hinata's dress from the Shippuden Drama CD, the one that she wears on her "date" with Naruto!  Does anyone besides me want that dress?  I'm such a Hinata fan.  I should call myself a Hinatard instead of a Narutard!

roth14

Why would this be a problem in a big gathering? sorry for the stupid question, but really, I want to know.

Shawny

Quote from: roth14 on February 13, 2009, 10:46:54 AM
Why would this be a problem in a big gathering? sorry for the stupid question, but really, I want to know.

I assume that by "this" you're asking about the idea for Naruto couples photos?

QuoteThe romantic in me would love to see cosplay pairs (i.e. SasuSaku, NaruHina, NejiTen, etc.) but I don't think that would be a good idea in a gathering as large as this one.  It could easily get out of hand.

There are a few reasons why I think it might be a bad idea in a larger group.  Here are a few:

1.  Organization: large groups = harder to organize.  How are you going to pair up cosplayers?  Randomly?  Make it like a school dance where boys ask the girls?

2.  In a group this size, there are going to be a lot of perfect strangers.  Romantic couple poses are (usually) more intimate than say team poses.  Some people might feel uncomfortable with posing romantically with a perfect stranger.  And I don't want them to feel pressured by the group to do something that they're not comfortable with because "everyone else is doing it".

Whereas, in smaller groups, you generally know the other cosplayers and are more comfortable with each other.  (I have friends that cosplay from the same anime/manga together as a group.)  Often, when I'm trying to get a photo of a specific pair together, I try to find cosplayers who are already hanging out together and look like they're already friends.  And I ask them privately, not in front of a big group, so that they can feel comfortable turning me down.

3.  Romantic poses can range from the innocent (hugs, holding hands, standing closer together, etc.) to the risque.  What offends one person might not offend someone else.  So it's probably better to stay away from it altogether.

*shrug*  Just my two cents.  :P

Dragon Ninja

Sorry about not posting more, I've haven't had much to say. I have been planning on purchasing my costume, but I'm budgeting right now because my parents keep taking my money away to pay bills, and have yet to pay me back. (Groan)

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW