With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

Bai-MeiEr

Oh, yes, and another thing for events; I think it was mentioned before somewhere, but are we going to do Naruto Caramelldansen this year? :3 I'm sure it would be a great success and I'm really looking forward to it, which is why I sort of spazzed a bit when I realized it wasn't mentioned on the main post. xD
I'd rather be a could-be than an are,
Because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star
I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far,
Because a might-have-been has never been,
But a has-been was once an are.

Sora

"Don't give me any orders."

clawmaster

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

MidnightRosebud

Huzzah! Shippuden Hyuuga Hinata cosplay completed as of an hour ago. So I am definitely ready for Fanime at least in that one aspect. XD
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

BrightHeart76

Hi All!

Updated again.  Sorry for the delay, the holidays are lots of fun but very time consuming.   ;D  I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season and a wonderful New Year.  2009 is going to be great! 

WOW we have a lot of cosplayers coming this year.  I'm really looking forward to seeing everyong.  :-)

I made an executive decision.  I decided that instead of putting the location up for a vote I'd keep it in the same place it has been for years.  We're going to meet at the fountains infront of the convention center on the Marriot side. 

When are we going to meet?  I will leave the poll up for a little longer if you have an opinion.  However, based on the number of complaints I had during the convention last year I might make another executive decision.  Right now there is a dead tie between noon and 1 p.m.  The gathering was at noon last year and a lot of people at the convention thought that was too early.  If the vote stays close I'm going to decide to move the gathering to 1 o'clock.  There is one possible problem with this.  It looks like Masquerade will be on the same day as our Gathering this year.  This could cut time close for people participating in the Masquerade.  I really do put a lot of thought into this and I want the time to be good for everyone.  Please take the opportunity to share your opinion now cause once I set the time I'm not going to change it unless Fanime or BSaphire ask me to.

Bai-MeiEr mentioned doing Caramel Dansen this year.  We had hoped to do it last year, but there were some technical issues.  I think it sounds like fun.  I've added it to the list of events, does anyone have a set of speakers we can use?  I can bring the IPod if someone has speakers.  I also thought it might be fun to play songs like Go! or other Naruto Theme songs.  Do we want to have a "Naruto Dance-off" event before, during or after the gathering?  Play some silly songs that could be theme songs for different characers and such....let me know what you all think.

Keep the ideas coming.  You guys really are teh best!  Thanks again to Myth for the great drawing for our gathering.   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

blkriku

if my killer bee is done in time i will be there with speakers. i started bring a stereo to all my gatherings at AX and i am going to continue the tradition at fanime. it all depends if im done in time though which i should be but you never now. the stereo works pretty well so it could work just fine. but if you do caramel dansen i will sit it out. no offense to those who want to but i fell it is really tired and played out and i felt that way last year when everyone did it at ax everywhere, lol. but if im there i will let you use my stereo for it, but i will have my ipod to use

BrightHeart76

So far no one has said anything about my last post.  No strong oppinions about the timing of the Gathering?  It's a speak now or forever hold your peace kind of thing...so please speak up if you have an opinion.   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Bai-MeiEr

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on January 04, 2009, 07:14:09 PM
So far no one has said anything about my last post.  No strong oppinions about the timing of the Gathering?  It's a speak now or forever hold your peace kind of thing...so please speak up if you have an opinion.   ;D

Eh, I would personally set it to noon, if it were me. :\ Of course, I can see why some people might think it's too early, but I do think it's better to give the people who are participating in the Masquerade more time to get ready and such. x)

By the way, how long does the gathering usually last, based on previous years' experiences and everything? Knowing that might help people make a decision more easily. ^^
I'd rather be a could-be than an are,
Because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star
I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far,
Because a might-have-been has never been,
But a has-been was once an are.

PinkHairSasuke

could you change my friend on the list whos put down as Shippuden Sakura to PTS Shino

BrightHeart76

The basic picture taking part of the gathering goes for about half of an hour, however I usually wind up in the gathering for closer to an hour. 

Kaname_Tousen

I'll be attending this gathering this year as Kakuzu. Can't wait to see you all there.

Sora

Sadly, it seems that my gf can't come...:( So no Shippuden Naru for her.
"Don't give me any orders."

Dragon Ninja

I just ordered a new Naruto wig. The one I wore last year didn't really fit me that well, but I'm sure this new one will fit much better. As for the old wig, I'll sell it at swap meet.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

blkriku

"BACCHIKOI BACCHIKKOI BABY!" lol i love the new ending. new dance for the gathering to do. simple and not as annoying as caramelldansen, plus its in the actual show!!! so great

InsaneChan

I think there are pros and cons to having the gathering at either times, but my vote is for 1pm. As for Bacchkoi..xD craziest thing I've seen this year so far lol.
Love. Life. fANIME.

roth14

Question: does the sexy no Jutsu Shippuden Naruto go under Shippuden or Creative cosplay?

BrightHeart76

Quote from: roth14 on January 11, 2009, 06:40:13 PM
Question: does the sexy no Jutsu Shippuden Naruto go under Shippuden or Creative cosplay?

Sexy no Jutsu appears in the series so it's not Creative cosplay.  However it shows up in both original and Shippuden, so unless it's specified what time line you're usuing it goes under "non timeline specific"  Hope that helps.

roth14

roth14

For the events there could be  spin the bottle game. The people have the option to hug instead though. ^_^

GomenNasaiPro

Quote from: roth14 on January 11, 2009, 09:17:35 PM
For the events there could be  spin the bottle game. The people have the option to hug instead though. ^_^
I'm with this person and because spin the bottle was at AX08