With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Shawny on February 13, 2009, 07:31:48 AM
:o  They have Naruto Nikes?!  *googles*  Hey!  That's pretty cool!  I see that several online stores are selling them for about $70-$75, pre-shipping and pre-tax.  They're a bit pricey for shoes, but it's not that bad compared to normal Nikes.  From what I can tell, the Naruto Nikes are Air Max 360, right?  Normal Air Max 360 retails for about the same or moreI am soooo tempted!

You found them for $75?  I could only find the for $130 before shipping...from Japan.  I'll have to look harder.  I can do like $90 including shipping.  Yay for the internet.  :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Shawny

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 13, 2009, 05:32:41 PM
You found them for $75?  I could only find the for $130 before shipping...from Japan.  I'll have to look harder.  I can do like $90 including shipping.  Yay for the internet.  :)

Ah... Sorry!   :-[  I went back to double check.  All the online stores that I found them in are all sold out.  They're pretty popular, I guess!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Shawny on February 14, 2009, 05:39:13 AM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 13, 2009, 05:32:41 PM

Ah... Sorry!   :-[  I went back to double check.  All the online stores that I found them in are all sold out.  They're pretty popular, I guess!

No worries.  Believe it or not my life will continue if I don't get Naruto Nikes.  I only realized that they existed because I need to get new shoes and when I was researching what kind is best I saw a mention of them.  My students would FLIP OUT if I wore Naruto Nikes.  lol.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

roth14

Quote from: Shawny on February 13, 2009, 11:29:35 AM
Quote from: roth14 on February 13, 2009, 10:46:54 AM
Why would this be a problem in a big gathering? sorry for the stupid question, but really, I want to know.

I assume that by "this" you're asking about the idea for Naruto couples photos?

QuoteThe romantic in me would love to see cosplay pairs (i.e. SasuSaku, NaruHina, NejiTen, etc.) but I don't think that would be a good idea in a gathering as large as this one.  It could easily get out of hand.

There are a few reasons why I think it might be a bad idea in a larger group.  Here are a few:

1.  Organization: large groups = harder to organize.  How are you going to pair up cosplayers?  Randomly?  Make it like a school dance where boys ask the girls?

2.  In a group this size, there are going to be a lot of perfect strangers.  Romantic couple poses are (usually) more intimate than say team poses.  Some people might feel uncomfortable with posing romantically with a perfect stranger.  And I don't want them to feel pressured by the group to do something that they're not comfortable with because "everyone else is doing it".

Whereas, in smaller groups, you generally know the other cosplayers and are more comfortable with each other.  (I have friends that cosplay from the same anime/manga together as a group.)  Often, when I'm trying to get a photo of a specific pair together, I try to find cosplayers who are already hanging out together and look like they're already friends.  And I ask them privately, not in front of a big group, so that they can feel comfortable turning me down.

3.  Romantic poses can range from the innocent (hugs, holding hands, standing closer together, etc.) to the risque.  What offends one person might not offend someone else.  So it's probably better to stay away from it altogether.

*shrug*  Just my two cents.  :P

ahh that does make sense. I don't like it but it is true.

BrightHeart76

Last year after the main gathering started to split up a few groups got together for the more "risque" pictures.  If there are people comfortable enough with each other to do romantic type shots, that would probably be the time. 

BrightHeart76

We're updated again.  We now have 65 cosplayers on the list.  This should be an amazing year!  Looking forward to seeing everyong in just a few months!   ;D

EJAY420

I'll be cosplaying as HIRUKO ( sasori's puppet). Anyone need a Hiruko?
Most Impressive.

GomenNasaiPro

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 15, 2009, 09:55:06 PM
We're updated again.  We now have 65 cosplayers on the list.  This should be an amazing year!  Looking forward to seeing everyong in just a few months!   ;D
I wonder if we have a gathering record

EJAY420

I kinda wanna do a skit or something? After 10 years, I think I would do one. AKATSUKI anyone?!?!?
Most Impressive.

roth14

Quote from: GomenNasaiPro on February 16, 2009, 10:07:03 PM

We could have an award LOL  :D

Tiger5913

Hey fellow cosplayers!

I'd like to go this gathering.  :3  I'll be cosplaying as Gaara on Saturday.

Someone suggested couple pictures, and I'd love that, but unfortunately, barely anyone ever cosplays the other half of my OTP.  :/

Anyway, I can't wait to see you guys there!

GomenNasaiPro

I wonder if we have more naruto cosplayers than Anime expo this year

roth14

Quote from: GomenNasaiPro on February 17, 2009, 07:22:11 PM
I was going to go count just becasue i couldn't resist but I think i'll wait a few months until they get more people :D

BrightHeart76

Quote from: roth14 on February 17, 2009, 08:14:17 PM
I was going to go count just becasue i couldn't resist but I think i'll wait a few months until they get more people :D

You got my curiosity piqued.  By my count they're at about 49.  However, they are a MUCH larger convention later in the year and neither their list or our lists can estimate people who will arrive at fanime ready to cosplay and not post their intentions on the forum boards.  I'm sure they'll have a lot of cosplayers...but we are set to be huge ourselves this year.  Looking forward to dominating the fountains with Narutards.  :)

We should do some strange sesame street style count off to see how many people are really there.  "1 Naruto...mwahahaha, 2 Narutos...mwahahaha, 3 Narutos...mwahahaha......(45 minutes later) 6 Naruto's, 3 Sakura's, 7 Sasukes, 3 Kakashi's (10 minutes later) 14 Akatsuki Goons and some random guy with leaf village head band"  Obviously I was kidding about that.  :)

EJAY420

<<<will be Hiruko. I like being the baddies.
Most Impressive.

randomlyyellstuff

Hello all :)

I'll (hopefully) be at the gathering as some form of Sasuke with some friends of mine. At the moment, we're leaning towards AU cowboys, but you never know, so I guess I'm an unknown?

Looking forward to the gathering :)

roth14

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 17, 2009, 09:23:33 PM
Quote from: roth14 on February 17, 2009, 08:14:17 PM

You got my curiosity piqued.  By my count they're at about 49.  However, they are a MUCH larger convention later in the year and neither their list or our lists can estimate people who will arrive at fanime ready to cosplay and not post their intentions on the forum boards.  I'm sure they'll have a lot of cosplayers...but we are set to be huge ourselves this year.  Looking forward to dominating the fountains with Narutards.  :)

We should do some strange sesame street style count off to see how many people are really there.  "1 Naruto...mwahahaha, 2 Narutos...mwahahaha, 3 Narutos...mwahahaha......(45 minutes later) 6 Naruto's, 3 Sakura's, 7 Sasukes, 3 Kakashi's (10 minutes later) 14 Akatsuki Goons and some random guy with leaf village head band"  Obviously I was kidding about that.  :)

Yes but we got physical evidence for our bragging rights. :D

Hinata

What place are us ninjas going to eat at?
Meow!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Hinata on February 18, 2009, 04:32:42 PM

undecided.  What kind of food sounds good for ninja.  I suppose I could bring a few packages of instant ramen...but I'd really rather not.

Pizza is a good crowd pleaser.

Hinata

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 18, 2009, 05:38:28 PM
Quote from: Hinata on February 18, 2009, 04:32:42 PM

undecided.  What kind of food sounds good for ninja.  I suppose I could bring a few packages of instant ramen...but I'd really rather not.

Pizza is a good crowd pleaser.

lol ninja pizza  ;D
pizza is good. all I remember is two fast food resturaunts.  :o
Meow!