With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Hinata on February 19, 2009, 01:25:50 AM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 18, 2009, 05:38:28 PM
Quote from: Hinata on February 18, 2009, 04:32:42 PM
What place are us ninjas going to eat at?

undecided.  What kind of food sounds good for ninja.  I suppose I could bring a few packages of instant ramen...but I'd really rather not.

Pizza is a good crowd pleaser.

lol ninja pizza  ;D
pizza is good. all I remember is two fast food resturaunts.  :o

Honestly I think where we go or what we eat depends on how many people decide to go for lunch.  Pizza is good, Pizza My Heart is just down the road a few blocks if we decide to do that.  Maybe we all go to differnt places to get take out and meet up for a picnic of sorts.  There are many choices available to us.

Um...one of the resons I usually don't post on Cosplay.com is because I have notoriously bad luck getting the page to load.  I decided to check and see if there were any new cosplayers listed on that site and I can't find the thread I created.  I can research my own post and read it...but I can't find the thread.  Does anyone else have any luck finding it?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

explosive_artist

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 19, 2009, 09:00:56 PM
Quote from: Hinata on February 19, 2009, 01:25:50 AM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 18, 2009, 05:38:28 PM
Quote from: Hinata on February 18, 2009, 04:32:42 PM
What place are us ninjas going to eat at?

undecided.  What kind of food sounds good for ninja.  I suppose I could bring a few packages of instant ramen...but I'd really rather not.

Pizza is a good crowd pleaser.

lol ninja pizza  ;D
pizza is good. all I remember is two fast food resturaunts.  :o

Honestly I think where we go or what we eat depends on how many people decide to go for lunch.  Pizza is good, Pizza My Heart is just down the road a few blocks if we decide to do that.  Maybe we all go to differnt places to get take out and meet up for a picnic of sorts.  There are many choices available to us.

Um...one of the resons I usually don't post on Cosplay.com is because I have notoriously bad luck getting the page to load.  I decided to check and see if there were any new cosplayers listed on that site and I can't find the thread I created.  I can research my own post and read it...but I can't find the thread.  Does anyone else have any luck finding it?

I just looked at it, and I don't see anything other than the list that we have here
Matthew Patel - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life/Vs The World

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

Hinata

That sounds like a great ideal
I never knew there was a pizza my heart around there that is awesome
Do anybody know other restaurants around the con?  ???
Meow!

Dragon Ninja

Quote from: Hinata on February 21, 2009, 07:14:51 PM

There's a McDonald's, a Jack In The Box, and a Subway. I'm going to Subway.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Hinata

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on February 21, 2009, 10:14:42 PM

nice Subway is awesome. I love the mcdonalds apple dippers lol.
is Subway on the same street as the other two?
my fiancee and I may follow you lol.
Meow!

Dragon Ninja

Quote from: Hinata on February 21, 2009, 11:33:27 PM
Quote from: Dragon Ninja on February 21, 2009, 10:14:42 PM

nice Subway is awesome. I love the mcdonalds apple dippers lol.
is Subway on the same street as the other two?
my fiancee and I may follow you lol.
Subway is located on San Fernado St. while McDonald's and Jack In The Box is on San Carlos St. just down from the convention center.

Fanime 2013:
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)

BrightHeart76

We're updated again!  68 cosplayers now, this gathering is going to be amazing!  I'm hoping we'll have about 100 cosplayers this year.   ;D

In response to the food debate I found these links in another thread, they have lists of places to eat.  There are a lot of good places to eat near the convention center.   :D

http://www.sanjose.org/visitors/eat/distance.php

http://www.sanjose.org/visitors/maps/maps/dining_map07_08.pdf

Have a great week!  Keep chatting.  Fanime is just around the corner. 

Later Days!

ALSO: If you will be cosplaying as your Naruto character on Sunday please concider signing up for the Shonen Jump gathering.  BShaphire works so hard keeping us all organized every year and the Shonen Jump gathering is one of her babies.  She's really hoping for a big turn out and I think we can help with that. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

BrightHeart76

Sorry for the double post.

The more I look at it the more I think it would be really cool to do Bacchikoi Baby.  It's a fun song and a silly dance.  I think it would distinguish us from the caramel dansen craze (which I'm afraid will become overdone after the last few years). 

The problem is I don't think everyone will know how to do the dance.  Solutions?  Anyone?  The only solutions I'm coming up with are really complicated. 

If you guys disagree with me, that's fine.  This is everyone's gathering.  If you guys think we shouldn't do Bacchikoi, then we don't do Bacchikoi.  If you want to do Caramel Dansen, then we do Caramel Dansen.  Simple as that.   :D

MODIFY

OOO...OOO....OOO  idea!  What if we scrap Naruto BINGO before the gathering and meet somewhere to practice the dance?  This gives us some solid time to practice and no time to forget.  :)  If we decide to make the Ninja Luncheon a picnic type lunch I can bring Naruto BINGO to the picnic and we can play while we eat.  Does that work?  Also, would anyone be ok to teach the dance...cause I can't dance for my life.

roth14

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 22, 2009, 07:44:01 PM

The more I look at it the more I think it would be really cool to do Bacchikoi Baby.  It's a fun song and a silly dance.  I think it would distinguish us from the caramel dansen craze (which I'm afraid will become overdone after the last few years). 

The problem is I don't think everyone will know how to do the dance.  Solutions?  Anyone?  The only solutions I'm coming up with are really complicated. 

If you guys disagree with me, that's fine.  This is everyone's gathering.  If you guys think we shouldn't do Bacchikoi, then we don't do Bacchikoi.  If you want to do Caramel Dansen, then we do Caramel Dansen.  Simple as that.   :D

MODIFY

OOO...OOO....OOO  idea!  What if we scrap Naruto BINGO before the gathering and meet somewhere to practice the dance?  This gives us some solid time to practice and no time to forget.  :)  If we decide to make the Ninja Luncheon a picnic type lunch I can bring Naruto BINGO to the picnic and we can play while we eat.  Does that work?  Also, would anyone be ok to teach the dance...cause I can't dance for my life.

That sounds lie a great idea. I really can't teach the dance, sorry, but i still like the idea. This may be a stupid question but would the luncheon be before the gathering at like 12 something or after?

Dragon Ninja

I got my headband made finished, now all I need to do is get the metal plate attached.

Fanime 2013:
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)

BrightHeart76

Quote from: roth14 on February 22, 2009, 09:03:05 PM
That sounds lie a great idea. I really can't teach the dance, sorry, but i still like the idea. This may be a stupid question but would the luncheon be before the gathering at like 12 something or after?

Not a stupid question at all.  I've planned to do the picnic / luncheon after teh gathering because that way we don't have to worry about messing up makeup or spilling on our cosplays right before the Gathering.  Do you think that's ok?

roth14

I think its a great idea(that pesky tasty red sauce which is infamous for ruining costumes :D). I am just sad I may not be able to come becasue I am going to the Kuroshitsuji gathering after the Naruto one and where we eat may be too far for me to run back and change. T_T

Moogleborg

Quote from: roth14 on February 22, 2009, 09:03:05 PM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 22, 2009, 07:44:01 PM

MODIFY

I'd like to try to help with Bacchikoi if possible. :D It seems like it'll be incredibly fun! :D
Running on moé, 24/7/365.