With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

Dragon Ninja

I'll be there for the picnic.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Shawny

Maybe.  I was thinking of getting lunch before the gathering actually.  (I get hungry early!)  I might join the picnic just to hang out, if there's nothing else going on.

roth14

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 04, 2009, 05:33:18 PM
If we do the picnic, how many of you think you would be interested / could make it?

I would love to come and if i can then expect me there ^_^

Yaminogame

How would the picnic go? Would we all bring our own food?

ToshiX

Depending on the time of the picnic.
And I'm not a fan of smoking so I be out of it if people plans on smoking ^ ^
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Dragon Ninja

Quote from: ToshiX on March 07, 2009, 06:20:22 PM
I don't like smoking either and don't want to deal people smoking.

Fanime 2013:
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)

roth14

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on March 07, 2009, 06:42:35 PM
Quote from: ToshiX on March 07, 2009, 06:20:22 PM
I don't like smoking either and don't want to deal people smoking.

Perhaps we should have a rule about smoking? We can designate it to a specific area away from everyone else, but not too far away?

BrightHeart76

I really don't know where all of the smoking questions came from.  I can honestly say I've never seen anyone smoking while in cosplay...I'd imagine that a fear of accidentally dropping burning ash onto a cosplay you have spend countless hours and money on would probably disuade anyone from trying. 

I'm dread to create a rule saying "no smoking" because the picnic is outdoors and it seems like something we could work with if someone was smoking.  Smokers are people too, if their smoke is bothering you please let them know and work out a solution with them.  I'm sure most people would rather have a rational conversation with you than simply be banned.  Is this unrealistic?

Also, in regard to the question about how the picnic would work.  I imagine everyone would bring their own food.  I had entertained the idea of brining some loaves of bread, meat, cheese, mayo and mustard so everyone could make sandwiches.  However, I really don't want something to go wrong and someone get sick because of it or be upset for some reason.  Probably best if we all bring our own food.  If you'd like to bring more to share, more power to you.  :D

As always, this is not my gathering.  It's our gathering.  If you guys want to make rules or set something up just let me know.  I'm just here to help organize things and keep us "official" with the boards.   :D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

BrightHeart76

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the double post.

We are updated again.  Only one minor change to the original post (corrected a name). 

Just a few months left until Fanime!  Hope you are all working hard on your cosplays. 

Later days!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Dragon Ninja

I got my Shippuden Naruto costume today and tried it on, it fits me perfectly. So, I still have about 1 or 2 things left to do, but I'm just about done.

Fanime 2013:
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)

BrightHeart76

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on March 10, 2009, 08:06:06 PM
I got my Shippuden Naruto costume today and tried it on, it fits me perfectly. So, I still have about 1 or 2 things left to do, but I'm just about done.

Awesome!

I've been having nightmares that for one reason or another I miss Fanime this year.  Seriously, I've had like 6 nightmares where I realize that it's 3 o'clock on the Saturday of Fanime and I'm still sitting at home (in Reno) and I just now realized that I forgot all about Fanime.  Anyone else have Fanime based anxieties?  Or am I just special.  lol.

GomenNasaiPro

same here but I got to the convention center but there's no one there and its dark idk Its just a dream

lol I woke up laughing

J Ryoga

Add me to the list as Shippuden Naruto. See you there!

Dragon Ninja

So.... anybody have any updates?

Fanime 2013:
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)

explosive_artist

Are we going to get a Pein?
Matthew Patel - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life/Vs The World

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

roth14

Quote from: explosive_artist on March 17, 2009, 08:48:47 PM
Are we going to get a Pein?
Oh I do hope so. Most likely there will be at least one milling about (like the one last year, the only one I saw).

Shawny

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 12, 2009, 07:36:53 PM
I've been having nightmares that for one reason or another I miss Fanime this year.  Seriously, I've had like 6 nightmares where I realize that it's 3 o'clock on the Saturday of Fanime and I'm still sitting at home (in Reno) and I just now realized that I forgot all about Fanime.  Anyone else have Fanime based anxieties?  Or am I just special.  lol.

LOL!  :D  I think you're just special.  I've never had any dreams about Fanime or any other con.

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on March 17, 2009, 07:47:57 PM
So.... anybody have any updates?

Yes.  I just finished little Hinata's Shippuuden jacket!  Pictures here.  The rest of the costume still needs to be put together, but the hard part is done.  :)

BrightHeart76

It's official.  Ree is coming as Goth Loli Konan.  YAY!

Phantom Roxas

So guys, but I won't be returning as Gaara this year, so please remove me from the list. I'll still come to see the gathering.

BrightHeart76

We're updated again.   ;D

Here's a fun fact.  Two months from right now we'll all be at Fanime!!  Yes, it will be Fanime Friday in exactly 2 months!!!!  YAY!!!

I have been getting prizes together for Naruto BINGO.  I figure we'll play at the picnic.  Or would you rather play before the Gathering?

How is everyone doing with their cosplay?  Feel like you're on track?

Where are we with the planning for Spin the Bottle?  Any updates?  Let me know.

Keep up the fun guys!  See 'ya in a couple of months!  ;D